Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC

The Indie Royale Website has word that The Launch Bundle, their debut offering, has achieved the sales milestone set for it, and as promised, a third SLC pack for Sanctum is now included in the bundle. Also, Steam codes are now available for Gemini Rue, so all four of the included games can now be redeemed through Steam. Here's a reminder of how the price scheme works for their offerings: The more customers who buy the bundle, the higher the price rises, so this encourages getting in early. There is also an option for generous users to show their support by paying more than the current price, which will actually drive the price down (apparently a large donation by Notch dropped everyone's price by a full dollar). Once purchased, bundles can be downloaded through Steam or Desura. They currently offer "The Launch Bundle," consisting of A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda, Gemini Rue, Sanctum, and Nimbus.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 09:56 Prez

While I'm not a programmer, it makes sense that 2D is easier than 3D. But Geminie Rue is a perfect example of a graphically simple game with some serious depth - one that I can really sink my teeth into. More like it would suit me just fine.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 04:41 Jerykk

Considering that many indie games are developed by only one or two people, you can't really blame them for going 2D. 2D art and level design takes considerably less time and resources than 3D art and level design. While I agree that I'd like to see more indie CRPGs, shooters, etc, I don't really take issue with the abundance of 2D platformers, schmups and puzzle games.  

20. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 04:30 Prez

Well obviously not all indie games are sidescrollers (and thx btw - there are 2 on that list I didn't know about), but an inordinate amount of indie games released are. Super Meatboy and Braid get raved about, but I lose interest in them in about 5 minutes.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 04:26 Jerykk

It's time for the indie sidescroller-makers to step up their game and start diving into deeper genres in my humble opinion.

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/
http://www.naturalselection2.com/
http://blog.wolfire.com/
http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

There's plenty of non-sidescroller stuff out there. It just takes longer to develop.

18. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 03:30 winnetou

Intersting scheme, but the prices don't seem to have developed the way they described: When I purchased my first two copies before the weekend, they both were 4+€, haven't seen anything like it since and I was able to send another friend a copy for 2+€ yesterday.  

17. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 01:32 Prez

With all due respect to indies, who are invigorating the industry that the big wheels let stagnate, frankly I'm pretty tired of indie sidescrollers. There's enough out there already to keep any sidescroller fan busy til he/she is 100. It's time for the indie sidescroller-makers to step up their game and start diving into deeper genres in my humble opinion.

In this bundle I'll play Sanctum and Geminie Rue pretty much exclusively.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 31, 2011, 01:12 StingingVelvet

Not even sure why I bought this since Gemini Rue is the only game up my alley and I already owned it. I guess for $2 any game is worth getting.

Nimbus and ARIES might be fun for 10 minutes.

15. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 23:18 Kitkoan

They've now added a code for the Berzerker Suit DLC for the game A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda.  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

14. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 21:15 vbmds

I really dislike TD games but I have to admit that Sanctum with its FPS aspect is great, although short. I'm looking forward to trying out the DLC...  

13. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 20:36 nin

Wow...while waiting on dinner, I spent 20 minutes in Gemini Rue. Talk about a throwback (in an awesome way).

Very very cool.

12. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 20:02 SandPeople

Yoinks. Thanks.  

11. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 19:43 Efflixi

I have no intention of playing Nimbus, so here's my Steam key for it.

L6BG8-BXZDZ-ZW4DE

10. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 16:14 Prez

Cool beans. Enjoy!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 14:55 Beckett

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 14:19:
BTW, I already owned Sanctum (neat game, but you have to like Tower Defense games, as the FPS aspect is pretty basic), so here is the key that came with the bundle for whoever wants it. (The DLC I kept )

Sanctum Steam Code: C522W-BTTK8-4YI9I

Thanks Prez. I nabbed the Sanctum key.

8. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 14:49 MeanJim

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 14:19:
EDIT: Just realized they added the Steam key for Geminie Rue to the bundle (Reading the whole headline FTW!). I already bought it on Steam, so here's the code for that as well:

Geminie Rue Steam Code: Y0Q8G-8V6IA-4HHIK

Thanks, I nabbed it, just letting everyone know so they don't try to activate an invalid key. It was the only game in the bundle I was interested in, although Nimbus looks interesting and possibly frustrating. I may still toss 'em $5 and give away the games because I like these indie bundles.

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 14:35 Dev

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 13:47:
I too quickly grew tired of the TD formula, but I am greatly enjoying Orcs Must Die, as it is every bit as much an action game. Haven't installed Dungeon Defenders yet but I plan to soon - it looks to be fun as well.
I'm LOVING dungeon defenders. Up to like 50 hours in it.

I'll be glad to show you the ropes, or help you in other ways.

6. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 14:19 Prez

BTW, I already owned Sanctum (neat game, but you have to like Tower Defense games, as the FPS aspect is pretty basic), so here is the key that came with the bundle for whoever wants it. (The DLC I kept )

Sanctum Steam Code: C522W-BTTK8-4YI9I

Understand that the code can only be used one time. After that, an "invalid code" error will appear.

EDIT: Just realized they added the Steam key for Geminie Rue to the bundle (Reading the whole headline FTW!). I already bought it on Steam, so here's the code for that as well:

Geminie Rue Steam Code: Y0Q8G-8V6IA-4HHIK

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2011, 14:24.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 14:00 Mad Max RW

Gemini Rue is more than worth the price alone. Nimbus, although fun, is the most painfully frustrating game I ever played in my life. Think of the impossible Super Mario Brothers level but with physics and more crazy unexpected things.  

4. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 13:48 nin

I look forward to more products from everyone involved.

Yeah if 4 games is the starter bundle, I can't wait to see what "the really BIG bundle" is!

3. Re: Indie Royale Adds More Sanctum DLC Oct 30, 2011, 13:47 Prez

PHJF wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 13:27:
Played this for about 15 minutes.

Tower defense games were fun... for about 3 hours, on Newgrounds, five years ago.

I too quickly grew tired of the TD formula, but I am greatly enjoying Orcs Must Die, as it is every bit as much an action game. Haven't installed Dungeon Defenders yet but I plan to soon - it looks to be fun as well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo