The BioWare Social Network
shares details on a playable demo for Mass Effect 3
expected in January 2012 to offer samples of single-player and multiplayer play in BioWare's action/RPG sequel to owners of an online pass for Battlefield 3
). They also announce that over the next couple of months they will reveal a way to get access to this demo with no purchase required:
Hello everyone! It's going to be a Happy New Year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. This demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what's to come on March 6, 2012. Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access. But rallying for war is just getting started - in late November / early December, BioWare will announce other ways for fans to engage the enemy with their friends online from day one!
What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?
- The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
- The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
- The demo will be released in all regions where the game is
How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?
- Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
- This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
- The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
- There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) – this will also be announced in late November or early December.
- There will also be a tool posted on www.masseffect.com allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
- The length of the early access period is TBA.
- The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch.