Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Team Bondi Closing

Team Bondi is officially closing, reports Edge Magazine, where they point to the legal documents filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, including a "Notice Under S.446a of Special Resolution to Wind Up Company." This seemed to be a foregone conclusion, as the troubled developer of L.A. Noire has already sold off assets, entered administration, and closed its offices.

View
14. Re: Team Bondi Closing Oct 5, 2011, 14:26 Halo

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 12:22:
Halo wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 12:03:
This isn't such a bad thing. Adapt to the future of work, these kinds of jobs are changing so don't expect to stay planted down in one office. These types of employees should not have to relocate for work the internet is more than capable of meetings, emails, general updates. Do your work for game design, coding, art, what not and move onto a new company with a new game. Take your portfolio of work with you build a reputation. Just an idea, sorry to hear them closing.

Not that you're one of them, but that is precisely the perspective of the fools running these studios which try to make the developers swallow that bullshit as well. But here's the catch: there exists no reason, other than the greed and disrespect these people have for the art and their fellow humans, that you could not have a sustainable business in this industry. There is no need for layoffs, good working conditions are possible, and "crunch time" is a synonym for "bad management".

If you, as you recommend, simply "adapt" to this "future of work", then you are becoming willingly complacent to a system that exploits you.

Maybe you're not looking at what I mean. All these people could have an amazing job but they don't have to worry about moving anywhere. This guy was a total jackass and ruined their current work; right we know that... I'm talking about the future of these poor jobsless talented people.

Imagine No commute, no crappy desk, or packed lunch. A virtual office that costs nothing but payroll. Forget payroll let's look at ReCapthca and Wikipedia I mean they have millions of employees that work for free. You think I'm talking about exploitation?

But like I said looking at the globe as your workplace gives you access to more talent, and more choices for a larger work force. why not use it? Instead of looking for somebody who can relocate with everything they have and their whole family and their spouses job across the city, state, country, or world.

Take A look at the Game Devs association of Australia.
http://gdaa.com.au/

Most of those job listing are contract based or full time and are in Perth. Bondi is in Sydney; What's so wrong with these people doing their contract/ or full time work from Sydney? Do you really need to move across the country to type code? The only problem I see is the time distance.

I said I happened to like LA:N and don't want to see their talent disappear hence my whole future of work.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 5, 11:31 Re: Team Bondi Closing Rattlehead
  2. Oct 5, 11:40  Re: Team Bondi Closing eRe4s3r
  3. Oct 5, 11:42   Re: Team Bondi Closing Verno
  4. Oct 5, 11:47  Re: Team Bondi Closing Wildone
  5. Oct 5, 12:03   Re: Team Bondi Closing Halo
  8. Oct 5, 12:22    Re: Team Bondi Closing Ludomancer
>> 14. Oct 5, 14:26     Re: Team Bondi Closing Halo
  19. Oct 6, 03:07      Re: Team Bondi Closing Ludomancer
  6. Oct 5, 12:07   Re: Team Bondi Closing Elf Shot The Food
  10. Oct 5, 12:38    Re: Team Bondi Closing Beamer