Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement

Square Enix formally announces The Missing Link, the upcoming DLC pack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution first revealed last week. The announcement confirms plans to release the DLC for the action/RPG prequel next month and offers a few screenshots and this trailer to promote it. Here's word:
The DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During lead character Adam Jensen’s quest for the truth in DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

"We are very excited for DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION fans to be able to further develop Adam’s journey in the game with The Missing Link DLC," said David Anfossi, producer of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION at Eidos-Montreal. "Gamers will be able to experience a vulnerable side of Adam like never before, which gives the overall game a whole new dimension. The Missing Link propels players into compelling gameplay, beginning with Adam being temporarily stripped of his use of augmentations; new, visually stunning environments; and the continuation of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION’s conspiracy-rich story.”

View : : :

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
Sep 8, 2011, 15:01
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 15:01
Sep 8, 2011, 15:01

Spoiler text: Wasn't the point of the boat ride that Adam was pretty beat up after Tong double-crossed him at Belltower's port? Adam needed time to recuperate so he locked himself in one of those transport pods... I think it's kind of a stretch to go from a 3 day R&R ride to Singapore to discovering the truth behind who is controlling Belltower etc. Then again, I wasn't too impressed with the way they fit Eliza Cassan into the story. An Illuminati controlled AI news reporter is just so trite and boring, and the way they did the whole Montreal sequence just felt really rushed and not well thought out compared to the rest of the story.

(and my seven hours is probably everyone else's three since I'm going slow on purpose. Yes, I DID in fact need to stop and gaze at every single sign and billboard on the street. Shut up.)

Hey, I think a lot of us did... there are actually some clues and hints in those billboards, signs, and talking to civilians on the street. Where took most of my friend ~25 hours to play through, it took me about 32 hours from start to finish, but I did speed myself up a little bit about half way through.
Date
Subject
Author
Sep 8, 2011Sep 8 2011
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement