Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced

BioWare announces Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes, a free-to-play MMOG online game set in the Warhammer universe that's expected to launch this autumn. The site offers an Official Announcement Trailer along with screenshots and beta signups. Here's word on the game:

Welcome to the world of Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes where the war is fought on not one, not two, but three fronts. Group with friends or plunge recklessly into the fray with complete strangers. Enjoy fast paced mmo style combat within multiple thematic environments. Choose your Hero and put them to the test. Change your Heroes mid-match to ensure victory. Reap the benefits of conquest and recruit additional Heroes to your banner. Then prove your mettle by clawing your way to the top of the leaderboards.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 10:09 wtf_man

Veterator wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 05:08:
My question is, what is MMO about this? 6v6v6 that's 18 people. If it's just PVP....I don't see how it's "massive".

They're not claiming it's an MMO... they're claiming it's a "new online game" that is F2P.

Basically... it looks like they ripped out what they thought was the "most fun" from the Warhammer MMO... and slapped it up as an individual online game.

It was probably easier and cheaper to do that, than to convert the whole MMO into a F2P game with a proper store.

That said... I bet it will still suck. Same buggy engine... same lame developers. (Even if they were renamed to Bioware)

/shrug

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 09:32 Lokust

It looks pretty fun, 3 team DOTA style, basically.  

8. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 09:23 justice7

I am actually pretty stoked about this, MMO type game (even tho its only 18 players, not really "mmorpg" that is straight up PvP ... Sure why not ?

Bring it!

7. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 05:08 Veterator

My question is, what is MMO about this? 6v6v6 that's 18 people. If it's just PVP....I don't see how it's "massive".

6. removed Aug 17, 2011, 03:36 moncler145

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 17, 2011, 07:25.

5. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 02:25 finga

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 23:54:
What the... from Bioware? Lol. Just rename that studio already.

Also, WO:WoH, nothing can go wrong with this initialism.(the non-acronym type of abbreviation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSr49hnwU7I

4. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 02:08 entr0py

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 23:54:

Also, WO:WoH, nothing can go wrong with this initialism.(the non-acronym type of abbreviation)

Well, the trouble is that EA keeps renaming other studios Bioware. They now have 5 different development studios in different cities named Bioware. This game is by the studio formerly known as Mythic, best known for Dark Age of Camelot.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1188071p1.html

3. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 17, 2011, 01:32 Cutter

Why with another Warhammer MMO and slew of other Warhammer gmes did anyone feel this was warranted, or would do well?

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 16, 2011, 23:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

1. Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes Announced Aug 16, 2011, 22:20 ShadyPete

worst....  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo