Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

DOTA 2 Beta Signups

The Dota 2 Website now offers a link for logging on to Steam and register your interest in the upcoming beta test of DOTA 2, their Defense of the ancients sequel. There's no indication of when testing of this MOBA sequel will commence.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: removed Aug 18, 2011, 06:07 Jack9

Not sure if you've watched the tourney vids, but it doesn't look fun. LoL's mechanics are unique to LoL. Dota2 is not going to have any kind of incremental skill/improvements based on experience. Not for beta, not for release. Not for a long time to come. I'm not so sure it's the MOBA killer I expected. I did sign up for the beta, but I'm not convinced of any superiority.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: DOTA 2 Beta Signups Aug 18, 2011, 05:59 Dev

http://blog.dota2.com/
The prize distribution for the top 8 teams is as follows:

1st place: $1,000,000 USD
2nd place: $250,000 USD
3rd place: $150,000 USD
4th place: $80,000 USD
5th place: $35,000 USD
6th place: $35,000 USD
7th place: $25,000 USD
8th place: $25,000 USD

1 mil 1st place prize.

4. removed Aug 17, 2011, 03:37 moncler145

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 17, 2011, 07:25.

3. Re: DOTA 2 Beta Signups Aug 17, 2011, 02:37 Mordecai Walfish

Can't wait to switch. League of Legends and its community has lost its luster.
Even with 15million registered users and 1.5million players daily, there are bunches waiting to jump ship once this rolls out.

I hear talk about this almost every time I play league, and honestly I will be happy to jump ship as well. Riot does release patches and content regularly, but this does not change the fact that the game has several years under it's belt and still they have yet to fix *so* many aspects of their game. From broken options to regular client problems with both their launcher and the game itself, there has just always seemed something very amateur about their game.

League did very well and is very popular, but DOTA 2 is going to be a game all the serious players will adopt, no doubt about it.

2. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 16, 2011, 23:27 UConnBBall

I can't wait to try it out but I am really happy with League of Legends. That patches happen weekly and new heroes the game is always changing. Not like the old RTS 6 months till a broken game gets fixed. Tuetonic town centers from AOE 2 still makes me mad.  

1. Re: DOTA 2 Beta Signups Aug 16, 2011, 22:18 MrGrosser

Can't wait to switch. League of Legends and its community has lost its luster.
Even with 15million registered users and 1.5million players daily, there are bunches waiting to jump ship once this rolls out.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo