Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC

Steam now offers digital distribution of the new Ultramarines DLC for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution. Here's word on what this pack adds to the Warhammer 40K RTS sequel for your $7.49 USD:

The Ultramarines Pack adds the iconic Space Marine chapter to Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II: Retribution™ with eight unique models for the major multiplayer units as well as new color schemes for the others. The Force Commander is replaced by a Ultramarines Captain complete with roman style helmet and Ultramarines livery, the Tactical Marine squad all sport the iconic Ultramarines white helms and livery. The Dreadnought is decorated with a banner displaying the corpse of a Tyranid creature. Additionally, the Scout Squad, Assault Marine Squad and Terminators all receive similar chapter-specific revisions. The Space Marine vehicles also get a visual makeover with this DLC pack, adding custom designs and emblems to differentiate them from the standard vehicles.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 17, 2011, 11:22 Prez

I like both DoW 1 and 2, albeit with a slight edge towards the original. I don't like paying 6 bucks for a skin pack, however.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 22:25 Slashman

And this is why DoW2 will stay permanently uninstalled on my Steam game list.

Get back to me when you make a proper sequel to the first DoW games.

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 22:10 PHJF

Nope, DoW2 was a fucking travesty. Oh well, Dark Crusade is still insanely fun.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still shedding bitter tears over how well DoW 2 is apparently doing.

Homeworld 3 will never happen because of this; a real DoW 1 sequel will never happen because of this.

Congrats if you enjoy this new 'rts' style, but ugh, surely I am not the only one who misses larger scale rts games?

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 20:03 grudgebearer

$8.00 is a little pricey for some nifty Ultramarines skins when the expansion itself is still $29.99...  

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

2. removed Aug 16, 2011, 19:59 sdifj

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2011, 20:09.

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dawn of War II: Retribution Ultramarines DLC Aug 16, 2011, 19:54 Tumbler

Well now, those are some sweet ass looking Ultramarines. This is what I wanted them to do with the Dark Angels. Do Space Wolves next. Or maybe a chaos army. This kind of unique look to the armies is what I want to see more of.

Dang those termies look nice.

Now go one step further and tweak the stats so the space wolves and ultramarine's play as they should. And give me my Blood Angels for Emperors sake. Give me Death Company.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo