Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 22:10 Frags4Fun

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 20:45:
Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:06:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 15:18:
I found out this past year that MS had billed me for the past 2 years even though I had changed my card in order to prevent it!

Statements???

We have them (my wife and I). We are fighting with the credit card company as well because it seems that they gave MS our new credit card information. I don't know how else MS could have gotten the new cards info.

I think he means....Don't you ever look at your statements?

lol! Yeah, but this slipped through somehow.

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 20:45 Retired

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:06:
I found out this past year that MS had billed me for the past 2 years even though I had changed my card in order to prevent it!

Statements???

We have them (my wife and I). We are fighting with the credit card company as well because it seems that they gave MS our new credit card information. I don't know how else MS could have gotten the new cards info.

I think he means....Don't you ever look at your statements?

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 16:06 Frags4Fun

Statements???

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 15:18 nin

Statements???

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 15:12 Frags4Fun

avianflu wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 12:46:
The irritating part is that MS will turn on auto-bill automatically and the only way to stop is call them on the phone. If you go back to gold, autobilling will start all over again. There is no opt-out short of calling them.

the only way _permanent_ way to stop MS autobilling on your XBOX live account is call the bank to have your credit card number changed.

Alternatively you can buy LIVE cards on amazon so that MS never ever has your credit card number but that only works if you never gave them a credit card number in the first place.

All of this is obviously a revenue generating scheme for MS.

I sold my xbox 360 2.5 years ago and changed my credit card. I found out this past year that MS had billed me for the past 2 years even though I had changed my card in order to prevent it! I called them and demanded my money back and they refused. I'm still fighting them to this day. They looked at my account and saw that it had not been active since before I sold it. I was so pissed when I called them and asked how they got my new card information. MS will never get any business from me again.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2011, 12:46 avianflu

The irritating part is that MS will turn on auto-bill automatically and the only way to stop is call them on the phone. If you go back to gold, autobilling will start all over again. There is no opt-out short of calling them.

the only way _permanent_ way to stop MS autobilling on your XBOX live account is call the bank to have your credit card number changed.

Alternatively you can buy LIVE cards on amazon so that MS never ever has your credit card number but that only works if you never gave them a credit card number in the first place.

All of this is obviously a revenue generating scheme for MS.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo