Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Square Enix Acquires True Crime: Hong Kong

Square Enix has acquired the project United Front Games was developing as True Crime: Hong Kong before the game was cancelled by Activision earlier this year, reports Gamasutra. Since it was axed, the Vancouver-based developer has continued "scaled back" work of the project, which was expected in November for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, though this is no longer certain, as Square Enix London Studios general manager Lee Singleton tells them: "We're not talking about release timings or formats at this time." There's also word that the game will probably undergo a name change, as while the work-in-progress was picked up, the True Crime intellectual property remains the property of Activision. "It's too early to say what the name will be," says Singleton. "I can honestly say I think this is going to be pretty straightforward."
View

3. Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong Aug 2, 2011, 14:28 StingingVelvet

Never played them, but this one sounded promising to me for some reason. I don't remember why.  

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 2, 11:04 Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong  bhcompy 
  2. Aug 2, 12:13  Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong Elf Shot The Food
>> 3. Aug 2, 14:28 Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong StingingVelvet
  4. Aug 2, 15:33 Re: Square Enix Acquires <strike>True Crime</strike>: Hong Kong Trevellian