Battlefield Heroes Hacked

The Battlefield Heroes Website has word that this free-to-play military shooter is back online after a hacking incident which is attributed to LulzSec's recently concluded hacking spree. Here's what they say happened:
Service has been restored on Battlefield Heroes following a short hiatus related to a security breach. Our investigation is ongoing, however it appears screen names and encrypted passwords associated with an early beta version of Heroes have been compromised. To the best of our knowledge, it appears that no personal data was compromised – no emails, account history, credit card numbers or payment methods. Any further updates will be posted on this page. We apologize for any inconvenience.
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked
Jun 27, 2011, 16:34
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 16:34
Jun 27, 2011, 16:34

necrosis wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:12:
Hellbinder wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 11:37:
no, all they showed is what a group of smart degenerates can do given enough time, dedication and opportunity.

people do care about security, but its hard to prepare for complete scum like these guys who sit around doing this all day long.
And it is that kind of thinking that keeps banks and the like exempt from punishment when severely damaging hacks leak the personal information of millions.

Hacks even today are still treated like 'acts of God'. Things that just can not be prepared for. Yet they can and I for one am sick of these institutions getting off 'scot free' whenever things like this happen.

Agreed. Especially with banks going more online and driving people away from paper. They are responsible for protecting the transactions, if they make it more difficult for themselves...that's really their problem.

They have "security experts" that should be continually challenging their security measures. If they choose not to implement better password rules, or other forms of identification to secure things further.......again that's their responsibility.

And I don't get what the deal is with these places storing old information, especially games like this. They stored early phase beta info....why does that need to be readily available for a game that's been out of a beta for a long long time now?

Jun 27, 2011, 16:12
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 16:12
Jun 27, 2011, 16:12

Quite a nice group of teens, that LulzSec.

R.I.P. jerks.

Jun 27, 2011, 12:40
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:40
Jun 27, 2011, 12:40

UConnBBall wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:33:
I also like this game and the free to play model is a bit frustrating since they do introduce game bending bonuses like the new super hero packs. I spent $10 for 2 decent weapons and I was done till level 14. Now I need $15 to upgrade. Don't think I'll sink that into it. Was worth the $10.

Now prices for A.V.A are stupidlyhigh
It amazes me that game models like this actually work.

Jun 27, 2011, 12:33
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:33
Jun 27, 2011, 12:33

I also like this game and the free to play model is a bit frustrating since they do introduce game bending bonuses like the new super hero packs. I spent $10 for 2 decent weapons and I was done till level 14. Now I need $15 to upgrade. Don't think I'll sink that into it. Was worth the $10.

Now prices for A.V.A are stupidlyhigh

Jun 27, 2011, 12:12
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:12
Jun 27, 2011, 12:12

Hellbinder wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 11:37:
no, all they showed is what a group of smart degenerates can do given enough time, dedication and opportunity.

people do care about security, but its hard to prepare for complete scum like these guys who sit around doing this all day long.
And it is that kind of thinking that keeps banks and the like exempt from punishment when severely damaging hacks leak the personal information of millions.

Hacks even today are still treated like 'acts of God'. Things that just can not be prepared for. Yet they can and I for one am sick of these institutions getting off 'scot free' whenever things like this happen.

Jun 27, 2011, 11:38
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 11:38
Jun 27, 2011, 11:38

I can't help but think all this B.S. will bring about some sort of "Real I.D." type legislation where everyone connected to the net will need to be vetted before being allowed to connect, of course hackers will be able to circumvent but it'll just make life hell for the rest of us.

Perhaps it's going to take some sort of cyber 9/11 type incident but it seems like it's building up to unleashing strict government control over the internet.

Jun 27, 2011, 11:37
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 11:37
Jun 27, 2011, 11:37

if i was in charge the first group of these guys they caught would face public execution. then well see how clever the rest of these hackers feel. seems harsh? its the growing brazen nature of peoples evil these days. like the flash robberies, gang style beatings and the like. its time to get flat medieval on the growing wave of complete lawlessness.
The Whales name is Bob.

Jun 27, 2011, 11:05
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 11:05
Jun 27, 2011, 11:05

One thing I will say about what lulzsec did, they DID show that literally NOBODY gives a shit about security.

Creston

No subject
Jun 27, 2011, 11:00
No subject Jun 27, 2011, 11:00
Jun 27, 2011, 11:00

Its all good, I heard from a friend of mine that ICE, FBI, and even the CIA might be working on some of these cases. We will see their (LulzSec) girly men status soon enough. Dumbasses like these guys are probably attacking the very things they love doing (Games, etc...) Keep it up punks, I dare you!

Jun 27, 2011, 10:17
Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 10:17
Jun 27, 2011, 10:17

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found this game to be quite the fun little game.

At first it seems like bullet physics are totally fucked up, but you learn as you play that you must use store bought weapons to function very well.

Which, of course, leads to the problem since they started microtransactions.... you must put real money into it in order to play past certain levels, or else you won't be able to generate enough in-game currency to buy these store bought weapons. Then there's the Ubers, which you have to pay money to have.

I still like it.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older