Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
4. Re: best buy Jun 9, 2011, 22:47 swedishfriend

In the letter they say that reportedly your video shows, bla bla bla. They send a cease and desist letter without looking at the ad that is readily available? I hope Newegg peeps got a good laugh out of that one. Nothing that Best Buy complains about is actually in the video. Height of stupidity.

And, yes the brief 2 months I worked at best buy was a glimpse into corporate ineptitude on a grand scale. We'd get conflicting messages in the same meeting (no pressure on the customers, must sell certain numbers of insurance plans). People would straight up lie to customers or pressure them to buy insurance plans by refusing to finalize the paperwork after an hour of going through a computer package (pc, monitor, printer, cables) if the customer didn't buy all the plans, etc. Needless to say someone like me who actually knows my stuff and cares about customers didn't last. They just made my life miserable the more customers liked me (some would even ask for me by name, at a Best Buy!!!) and the more I sold, the more the manager would keep telling me to go clean this or that isle while him and the rest of the scumbag crew stood around joking while waiting for another customer to mentally rape. Oh and the cables they keep trying to sell, 2000% mark-up I kid you not!!! I bought a printer cable (yeah it was a while ago) we sold it for $40 it was $2 our cost.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 9, 21:33 Re: Evening Tech Bits nin
  7. Jun 10, 10:41  Re: Evening Tech Bits Lokust
  2. Jun 9, 22:10 Re: Evening Tech Bits WyldKat
  3. Jun 9, 22:25  Re: Evening Tech Bits Nameless Again
>> 4. Jun 9, 22:47 Re: best buy swedishfriend
  5. Jun 9, 23:24  Re: best buy Frijoles
  6. Jun 10, 09:17 Re: Evening Tech Bits Verno
  8. Jun 10, 11:04 Re: Evening Tech Bits avianflu
  9. Jun 10, 11:42  Re: Evening Tech Bits Darks
  10. Jun 10, 11:50   Re: Evening Tech Bits nin