Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced

Another revelation from Captivate 11 on Capcom-Unity is the plan for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, which they call "an all new Dead Rising 2 experience." The game is due this fall for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. This trailer from the game concludes with Frank West telling you he's "back in the game," and here's a bit on what to expect:
The new, “Off the Record” storyline means an all new Dead Rising 2 experience. Frank will face off against more twisted enemies, build more outrageous combo weapons, follow his own unique mission structure and explore brand new areas of Fortune City to get his biggest scoop yet. Frank’s come back means the return of his trusty camera, with players able to earn Prestige Points (PP) for specific photo opportunities that are graded against criteria such as horror, drama, erotica and brutality.

We listened to fans when it came to Dead Rising 2, so in addition to the new scenario and gameplay enhancements, Dead rising 2: Off the Record offers a suite of technical updates including load time optimizations, improved network performance and a host of system upgrades to deliver a more satisfying Dead Rising experience.
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 18:39 Retired

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 18:03:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 17:57:
Will this explain how Frank got fat in between games?

Dude! It's Vegas!

Weird - although buffets are yummie.....I never gained a pound while on a strict diet of hookers and blow....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 18:03 nin

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 17:57:

Dude! It's Vegas!

8. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 17:57 Elf Shot The Food

7. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 17:04 Bill Borre

How about a difficulty setting?  

6. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 16:45 avianflu

case west was silly but amusing. there was no time limit in case west which made the gameplay less annoying than the main game I thought.  

5. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 15:43 PropheT

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 14:02:
I still have yet to pick up a DR game. While I can appreciate a good Zombie title, I would prefer it to be more in the realm of 'realism' than cartoony or goofy. It's why I can only play Left 4 Dead for so long before I get bored or annoyed.

While you can definitely DO goofy things in Dead Rising, I sure wouldn't call it a goofy game or even one heavy on comedy. I actually prefer it a little more straight-laced myself and just refrain from using goofy outfits.

Then again, I honestly cannot even comprehend where Left 4 Dead would ever be seen as a cartoony or goofy game either, so take that for what it's worth.

4. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 14:47 Zavy

Whoa now they finally decide to be fair to PS3 users now.. still haven't released case zero and case west which is pretty dumb if you ask me.  

3. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 14:02 Wallshadows

I still have yet to pick up a DR game. While I can appreciate a good Zombie title, I would prefer it to be more in the realm of 'realism' than cartoony or goofy. It's why I can only play Left 4 Dead for so long before I get bored or annoyed.

I've got my money on Dead Island but maybe I should pick up DR2 until then to see if it can change my opinion.

2. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 13:19 nin

I'll wait for the GOTY edition that packages everthing DR2 related together.

1. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Announced Apr 12, 2011, 12:56 ASeven

I had more fun with DR2 than I thought I would have. I shall look at this new version with interest.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >