The Secret World Website, Trailer

Funcom announces a new website for The Secret World, their upcoming conspiracy-laden MMOG, also offering The Secret World GDC 2011 Trailer with a look at the game. Word is: "The new video offers gamers a unique glimpse into the world, the monsters, the myths, and the gameplay of the much anticipated online game. In ‘The Secret World’ players get to play the character they want to play without being limited to classes or levels, as they adventure through modern-day, real-world locations."
View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer
Mar 11, 2011, 14:16
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 11, 2011, 14:16
Mar 11, 2011, 14:16

They screwed over so many people who bought their previous game AoC that they should be sued. Never buy games form these Failcom assholes.
- Uncle Tera

Mar 11, 2011, 02:07
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 11, 2011, 02:07
Mar 11, 2011, 02:07

Jerykk wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 02:05:
Funcom, stop making MMOs and start making The Longest Journey 3 please.

I'll sign that petition.

Mar 11, 2011, 02:05
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 11, 2011, 02:05
Mar 11, 2011, 02:05

Egh. I thought this game had a lot of potential based on its premise and the teaser videos but the more I see and read of it, the more it looks like another generic MMO. Changing the setting and removing leveling doesn't compensate for shallow, lackluster gameplay and uninspired quests.

Funcom, stop making MMOs and start making The Longest Journey 3 please.

Mar 10, 2011, 21:45
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 21:45
Mar 10, 2011, 21:45

The last time I played Age of Conan the first thing i noticed was a bug that was very obvious and was around in the beta. I almost want this game to fail because of the massive BS they spewed about AoC.

But hopefully they turn around and make a good game that they actually support.

Mar 10, 2011, 19:03
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 19:03
Mar 10, 2011, 19:03

Only because their first few games are counted amongst the greatest adventure games of all time and the guy behind them, Ragnar Tornquist, is also the lead on this project. Also the old head of development over at Funcom, Gaute Godager isn't with the company anymore.

Beyond that I'm interested in the game because Anarchy Online is my fav MMOG ever and the game has some pretty interesting and unexplored ideas that will hopefully be used to great effect.

And Cutter it isn't all about combat. That is what a lot of players are interested in but it's not what the game is all about. Check for some info you'll see a lot of the content is going to be very story based and even puzzle based. And I'm not talking about jumping puzzles.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 19:08.

Mar 10, 2011, 18:15
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 18:15
Mar 10, 2011, 18:15

I dunno why anyone would wanna play another failcom mmo ever again?

Mar 10, 2011, 16:13
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 16:13
Mar 10, 2011, 16:13

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 15:44:
As I posted on Youtube hoping the devs might address it....

What about diplomacy and back room deals, or is this just all about combat? Where's does the role-playing fit it? What about destructible environments and more interactive combat with knockbacks, wounds showing up on players and creatures? What about use of phasing to progress storylines? Whilst the visuals are sweet, it looks like just another MMO to me so far with a different set of window dressing. How is any of this new or improved or any other MMO out there?

This is where games like this fall down. It's like STO. Combat was the most minor point of Star Trek. It's really about exploration, diplomacy and morality. Just like a good PnP RPG, yes there needs to be some combat from time to time, but there's so much more to it than that. The concept for this game is great, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it yet that would lead me to believe this game is somehow any different from what else is out there.

Great post Cutter! Todays world is all about the button mash... =(

Mar 10, 2011, 15:44
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 15:44
Mar 10, 2011, 15:44

As I posted on Youtube hoping the devs might address it....

What about diplomacy and back room deals, or is this just all about combat? Where's does the role-playing fit it? What about destructible environments and more interactive combat with knockbacks, wounds showing up on players and creatures? What about use of phasing to progress storylines? Whilst the visuals are sweet, it looks like just another MMO to me so far with a different set of window dressing. How is any of this new or improved or any other MMO out there?

This is where games like this fall down. It's like STO. Combat was the most minor point of Star Trek. It's really about exploration, diplomacy and morality. Just like a good PnP RPG, yes there needs to be some combat from time to time, but there's so much more to it than that. The concept for this game is great, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it yet that would lead me to believe this game is somehow any different from what else is out there.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Mar 10, 2011, 14:37
Re: The Secret World Website, Trailer Mar 10, 2011, 14:37
Mar 10, 2011, 14:37

The Secret World news is far and few between despite my desire for said news. A new website must mean they are gearing up to start talking more about the game. Since we are entering game con season, that can only be a good thing.
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older