Re: Evening Safety Dance
Feb 9, 2011, 22:24
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 22:24
Feb 9, 2011, 22:24

Cartman wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 19:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 18:38:
Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 14:48:
RoboNerd wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 09:31:
I really yearn for the old Bluesnews that didn't drive off into the political weeds with "Fox Bad" while posting more and more content from The Huffington Post. A pox on all their houses. And now back to gaming...
"Fox Bad?" Seriously, is that even a left/right political thing? Anyone here - maybe even you - think Fox News is good?

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/live-20090727.jpg

Fox news is shit because it has never been news. It has always been about slanting "news" to counter the perceived liberal bias in other news sources. Which in turn caused the other news outlets to slant their stories in the other direction even more.

I am neither a liberal or a conservative, Democrat or Republican. I think they are two sides of the same coin. So understand that my bias is that ALL news outlets are shit to varying degrees. We have long since given up on journalistic objectiveness and integrity. Fox news is just the shittiest of the shitpile. King shit of shitty news, if you will. And the Huffington Post is is his personal asswiper.

Bullshit, you are a liberal Democrat. Your extensive use of Huffington Post parrot points has given you away.

And I agree that it's a sad day when Bluesnews has decided to add political commentary to stories about videogames.

I'm not sure if you are attempting to be funny or serious, but I don't really care either way.

Feb 9, 2011, 21:22
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 21:22
Feb 9, 2011, 21:22

And I agree that it's a sad day when Bluesnews has decided to add political commentary to stories about videogames.

He puts funny notes next to stories sometimes.

Fox isn't a political entity, it's a shitty news channel, but as many have pointed out most news channels are shitty.

I guess the next funny note directed at a publisher or Pachter will be deemed communist rhetoric.

Feb 9, 2011, 20:21
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 20:21
Feb 9, 2011, 20:21

OK, sure. But you really think Fox News is good?

Feb 9, 2011, 19:51
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 19:51
Feb 9, 2011, 19:51

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 18:38:
I really yearn for the old Bluesnews that didn't drive off into the political weeds with "Fox Bad" while posting more and more content from The Huffington Post. A pox on all their houses. And now back to gaming...
"Fox Bad?" Seriously, is that even a left/right political thing? Anyone here - maybe even you - think Fox News is good?

Fox news is shit because it has never been news. It has always been about slanting "news" to counter the perceived liberal bias in other news sources. Which in turn caused the other news outlets to slant their stories in the other direction even more.

I am neither a liberal or a conservative, Democrat or Republican. I think they are two sides of the same coin. So understand that my bias is that ALL news outlets are shit to varying degrees. We have long since given up on journalistic objectiveness and integrity. Fox news is just the shittiest of the shitpile. King shit of shitty news, if you will. And the Huffington Post is is his personal asswiper.

Bullshit, you are a liberal Democrat. Your extensive use of Huffington Post parrot points has given you away.

Feb 9, 2011, 18:38
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 18:38
Feb 9, 2011, 18:38

Feb 9, 2011, 14:48
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 14:48
Feb 9, 2011, 14:48

Feb 9, 2011, 11:33
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 11:33
Feb 9, 2011, 11:33

+1

Though I'll definitely concede that it is a stupid article, but, after playing the demo, it is also an incredibly immature, juvenile game that was no fun to play.

Blue could sometimes be linking Daily Caller if he wanted to maintain some balance, I guess. It's a gaming site, I don't come here to start political debates. That's what I spend the rest of my time on the internet doing.

But whatever. He isn't overly preachy about it - though it is very obvious that he's a liberal who is pro net neutrality, believes in global wubba, and hates Fox News.

Feb 9, 2011, 10:02
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 10:02
Feb 9, 2011, 10:02

Maybe if Faux News didn't using quotes from the anti-gaming shrunken heads there would be no reason to point out their idiocy. Seriously, blaming rapes on sex in video games? Just how stupid or delusional do you need to be to make that leap?

Feb 9, 2011, 09:31
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 09:31
Feb 9, 2011, 09:31

Feb 9, 2011, 02:49
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 02:49
Feb 9, 2011, 02:49

I suppose that's why the parents have to buy the game for you until you are 18(?). Some people are just so idiotic.

But back to Bulletstorm: The gameplay doesn't flow at all. I did the demo level a few times and it felt really overbearing with little reward. The problem is that you are often stacked against multiple enemies so you just tend to eliminate them like in a normal FPS while doing something creative on the last kill. But even that really just comes down to grabbing the enemy, kicking him and lighting him up with a firework. That's pretty much the most intense combo you can do without killing them. You can use the environment but it oftens takes way more work for such a mediocre reward.

Maybe the full game will be easier to control. Just my first thoughts from it.

Feb 9, 2011, 00:30
Prez

Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 00:30
Feb 9, 2011, 00:30
 Prez

Wow - embarrassing. The whole American media is a travesty.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Feb 8, 2011, 23:53
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 8, 2011, 23:53
Feb 8, 2011, 23:53

You know, I read the article and to me it made the game sound like the most awesome thing to be released this year. But it's not like the "graphic features" in the game haven't already been done before.

Also, who in their right mind lets a nine-year-old play a game like that? Where the hell are the parents?

Feb 8, 2011, 23:20
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 8, 2011, 23:20
Feb 8, 2011, 23:20

Is Fox News the Worst "News" Outlet in the World?

You betcha.

(Although, to be fair, they all suck now.)

Feb 8, 2011, 21:56
Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 8, 2011, 21:56
Feb 8, 2011, 21:56

I swear, somebody at Fox News must moonlight in a game PR firm... nothing better than some scurrilous, baseless slander to draw eyeballs to a product.
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older