Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers

Warhammer Herald has word on free server transfers in Warhammer Online that will commence tomorrow in Mythic Entertainment's MMORPG. The bad news is this is because the Iron Rock and Volkmar servers in North America are being shut down, so they are offering players from those servers the chance to migrate to any server as long as it's Gorfang, while players on the German Carroburg server are being allowed a free transfer to Drakenwald. In each case the old servers will remain open for three weeks to accommodate transfers, and players also have the option of using a paid transfer to go to choose a different destination. Both of these destination servers will have multi-realm ability enabled, which they explain "allows accounts to have both Order and Destruction characters on the server and increases the character limit to 20. There will be an 8 hour lockout when switching realms on the server." They also offer instructions on guild transfers. Here is the reasoning: "As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain an active, competitive, and engaging experience in WAR we have decided to open free transfers for players to specific servers. WAR, more than many games, only gets better with more people. These transfers will enable players to experience more action during all hours whether fighting in scenarios or Open RvR." Thanks Massively.
View : : :

Re: Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers
Feb 8, 2011, 19:04
Re: Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers Feb 8, 2011, 19:04
Feb 8, 2011, 19:04

I played Warhammer Online in its heyday. Servers were full of people, there was very active and vibrant RvR ... the game was a success, until people found out the endgame was busted and unfinished.

I had some of the absolute best gaming moments ever during my time in WAR, but that game requires a massive population to be interesting.

When you start throwing this game to scenarios and no RvR, it dies.
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 8, 2011Feb 8 2011
   Re: Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers