World of Warcraft Hotfixes

Another update to the Cataclysm Hotfixes thread on Battle.net lists all the changes made to World of Warcraft over the past week (thanks Ant). The complete list of new changes follows.

January 19-26

• General
    • Thunder Bluff reputation no longer increases further from Horde faction gains than other races, now correctly capping at Friendly.
  • Classes
    • Druids
      • Enrage will now properly increase the amount of damage taken by the druid.
      • Force of Nature and Wild Mushroom can now be cast correctly even if the target is on a different height of terrain from the druid.
    • Paladins
      • The bonus healing provided by Conviction now functions correctly when healing other players.
      • The passive healing bonus from Walk in the Light has been reduced to 5%, down from 15%. This change is to balance against the fix to Conviction, but still results in a small overall buff to paladin healing.
    • Priests
      • Prayer of Mending is now properly reduced by healing reduction effects, such as Mortal Strike, Absolute Corruption, and Engulfing Darkness.
    • Rogues
      • The benefit of Executioner for Slice and Dice is now correctly removed from the rogue after switching talent specializations.
  • Dungeons & Raids
    • The Bastion of Twilight
      • Creatures leading up to Halfus are now immune to Mind Control.
      • The Waterlogged debuff now expires appropriately after a player is hit by Flame Torrent during the Ignacious encounter.
      • Terrastra will cast Quake regardless of whether Harden Skin is interrupted or not.
      • Twilight Sentries now have less health on 10-player Heroic difficulty than on 25-player Heroic difficulty.
      • Sinestra
        • Twilight Whelps are now immune to snares.
        • The spawn rate of Twilight Spitecallers has been slightly reduced on 25-player Heroic difficulty.
        • A death knight's diseases will no longer trigger the Twilight Spitecallers' Indomitable enrage.
        • It is no longer possible to target or attack a Twilight Spitecaller before it has entered the combat area.
        • Flame patches should properly spawn in front of the Twilight Eggs.
    • Blackwing Descent
      • The achievement criteria for Silence is Golden is now properly reset when entering combat with Atramedes.
      • Atramedes's health on Heroic difficulty has been reduced slightly.
      • Maloriak will no longer be interrupted while casting Release All Minions.
      • Maloriak's enrage timer was inconsistent between difficulties and has been updated. It is now 7 minutes for normal difficulty and 12 minutes for Heroic difficulty.
    • Deadmines
      • Glubtok's Fire and Frost Blossoms summoned during the encounter no longer grant experience or reputation.
    • Throne of the Four Winds
      • Al'Akir's Lightning Strike damage has been reduced on 25-player Heroic difficulty. In addition, its effect duration has been reduced to 16 seconds, down from 24 in both modes and difficulties.
      • Slipstreams can no longer be used during the Al'Akir encounter.
      • It is no longer possible to swap raid difficulty before the Conclave of Wind has fully respawned.
      • Gather Strength cast by Rohash is no longer affected by spell slowing effects, such as Curse of Tongues and Slow.
    • The Vortex Pinnacle
      • Bosses will no longer respawn after a soft reset if players already have a Heroic save.
  • Items
    • Heroic set tokens have been moved to earlier bosses on 25-player Heroic difficulty (chest from Halfus, legs from Maloriak, gloves from Magmaw, helm from Nefarian, shoulder from Cho'gall).
    • Tokens for normal versions of the helm and shoulder set pieces (item level 359) now drop from Nefarian and Cho'gall on Heroic difficulty, as they are required to purchase the Heroic helm and shoulder pieces (item level 372). An additional change to this functionality is slated for patch 4.0.6.
    • Normal and Heroic versions of Earthen Handguards now have more Strength.
    • Normal and Heroic versions of Fall of Mortality can now proc the Grounded Soul effect correctly via heal-over-time spells.
  • Lunar Festival
    • Elder Rumblerock is now available during the quest "Assault on Dreadmaul Rock" for both the Horde and the Alliance.
    • Horde players now correctly gain 75 Bilgewater reputation as well when completing the Lunar Festival elder quests as part of the Horde reputation gain.
  • Professions
    • The Stamina bonus from the Flask of Battle is the same as the Flask of Steelskin. Both are correctly giving 120 Stamina for alchemists who know the recipe.
    • Archaeology projects Twisted Ammonite Shells, Druid and Priest Statue Sets, Fierce Wolf Figurines, and Spidery Sundails now guarantee skill-ups all the way to 525.
    • Toughened Flesh now drops more frequently from associated creatures.
    • Making Kungaloosh no longer counts toward the guild achievement Set the Oven to Cataclysmic.
  • PvP
    • Rated Battlegrounds will no longer initiate a shutdown timer due to too few players being present.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC
Jan 28, 2011, 07:23
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 28, 2011, 07:23
Jan 28, 2011, 07:23

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 17:15:
I played healer before, only because I had lots of responsibility and could often compensate for other peoples mistakes.
I guess you never played in vanilla. Because you couldn't compensate for players then either. Healing was hard, harder then it is now. But honestly it feels 'off', and that's the best way I can put it. Wrath sucked without question, but I will say that TBC had just about everything right.

Really if you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted what you did either. So there's some part of you that still does.
I did heal back then. Healing was only hard because there was no spellpower at first, which Blizzard corrected a little later. If you had a good equipped group, healing was easy back then too, hell we even had a healing/tank hybrid druid in the guild back then, who actually healed himself when running 5-mans, LOL. You should actually remember...

Nope, I dont care anymore. I only care about Blizzards stupidity and ignorance which I have a high interest in. I will still read all their patch notes because I want to know if they learn or not. Judging from the next patch notes, they dont at all.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes
Jan 28, 2011, 03:05
Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 28, 2011, 03:05
Jan 28, 2011, 03:05

Can't believe I'm saying it but I'm done too. I liked the first two zones a lot... everything else grew tiresome. New bgs are boring, new instances boring. I like the changes to the main game but the 80+ content is mostly a beautiful turd. Here I come solo Minecraft. Yay...

Jan 27, 2011, 21:32
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 21:32
Jan 27, 2011, 21:32

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 17:15:
I played healer before, only because I had lots of responsibility and could often compensate for other peoples mistakes.
I guess you never played in vanilla. Because you couldn't compensate for players then either. Healing was hard, harder then it is now. But honestly it feels 'off', and that's the best way I can put it. Wrath sucked without question, but I will say that TBC had just about everything right.

Really if you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted what you did either. So there's some part of you that still does.
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jan 27, 2011, 17:41
Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 27, 2011, 17:41
Jan 27, 2011, 17:41

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:39:
Most of the tanks are tired of being the sober driver with a car full of idiots.

LOL, so true. WoW is fun until it becomes a job showing up for unorganized raids, putting up with moronic kids, and doing OCD shit just to get a stupid title.

I guess I'm too old for MMOG's like WoW/Rift/etc. so maybe I'll go retro (well 1995 if that's retro) and play a MUD again

Jan 27, 2011, 17:15
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 17:15
Jan 27, 2011, 17:15

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 13:44:
Jurio wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:00:
world of queuecraft, where you pay us $15/month to sit in a queue for 40 minutes only to join a fail dungeon
Well you could always play a healer or a tank. But I guess that requires too much thinking then mashing 3 buttons. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 5mins on my healer, most of the time it's under a minute.

The queue problem lies directly at the feet of 'too many dps(cuz dps is ez), and not enough tanks and healers'

And then? I played a healer, it was hard with the new changes and crappy gear at first, but after the 2nd heroic I got the hang of it and was healing like a champ. I played healer before, only because I had lots of responsibility and could often compensate for other peoples mistakes. That time is over and as a healer you get blamed far more often than the DPS or tank, since people still dont grasp that healing isnt what it used to be. I was tired of it quickly, but I also got my full heroic gear (346+) FAR, FAR faster than in any expansion before, so the sense in doing heroics wasnt there anymore anyway.

Anyone who calls those heroics hard, needs to play BC heroics again. Cata heroics are a joke actually and become boring very, very quickly. The groups I was in the last few weeks almost all ran through them without CC, as if they were WotLK heroics with level 245 gear. And the tanks mostly only have around 340 ilvl.
Gotta love their class balance now too. They are even buffing already immensely overpowered classes and nerfing the weak or average ones with huge cuts to their abilities they had for years. Typical Blizzard stuff...
Oh well, I dont care anymore, Im done with it. Never stopped playing so quickly after an expansion before.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jan 27, 2011, 13:44
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 13:44
Jan 27, 2011, 13:44

Jurio wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:00:
world of queuecraft, where you pay us $15/month to sit in a queue for 40 minutes only to join a fail dungeon
Well you could always play a healer or a tank. But I guess that requires too much thinking then mashing 3 buttons. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 5mins on my healer, most of the time it's under a minute.

The queue problem lies directly at the feet of 'too many dps(cuz dps is ez), and not enough tanks and healers'
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jan 27, 2011, 13:21
Kxmode

Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 27, 2011, 13:21
Jan 27, 2011, 13:21
 Kxmode

This sums up how World of Warcraft was designed.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jan 27, 2011, 13:13
Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 27, 2011, 13:13
Jan 27, 2011, 13:13

After 5 years of not playing, the patch notes are now totally bewildering.

Jan 27, 2011, 11:56
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 11:56
Jan 27, 2011, 11:56

That's because they listened to too many people complaining about the game being easy and catering to the casual. "How can people tell that I'm leet!" they cry with horror, "When just anyone can get gear?"

Well, surprising as it might be, it's a game and the vast majority of the players are casual and just want to have fun. When you make heroics difficult and need co-ordination then many people will do them with their own groups they can rely on to co-ordinate, hence buggering the LFD tool.

Really if they want to make it easy to get into the damn things, and build getting into later content around doing the damn things ad nauseam, then they should make them easier to do to gear up for raids and the raids harder to please the hardcore players while still allowing the casual to dip their toe without endless dungeon grinding. Maybe even give us crafting alternatives for beginner raid gear, because even those couple of craftable pieces now still need Chaos orbs that only drop from the last boss of a heroic.

*edit* Before anyone asks why I'm bothering if I hate that stuff anyway, I'm in a guild and some of my guildmates want to try guild raiding. I'm willing to help them out, I'm willing to learn tactics and spend time doing something I don't like very much for them, but the goddamn dungeon grind is horrendous. Doing the same stuff over and over every day... I'm not sure why people enjoy it. I have to be dragged away from my growing herd of alts to run them. Damn Blizzard and their currently cheapest monthly entertainment option.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2011, 12:11.

Jan 27, 2011, 11:39
Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 27, 2011, 11:39
Jan 27, 2011, 11:39

Most of the tanks are tired of being the sober driver with a car full of idiots.

Thus, LFD became moot.

Jan 27, 2011, 11:25
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 11:25
Jan 27, 2011, 11:25

BG queues are not much better either. Especially rated BGs. I love spending 2 hours to get one together only to notice that the queue is as long.
Quit the game a few days ago since there is simply nothing to do anymore for people who dont raid.

Jan 27, 2011, 11:00
Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 11:00
Jan 27, 2011, 11:00

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older