A new patch is now available for The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
to update the management/strategy sequel to version 1.11. The Settlers 7 Website
is still a couple of versions behind, and the patch news on the Ubisoft forums
is likewise out of date, but Ubisoft does have the full patch on their file server
. We couldn't as easily guess the filenames of the other patches, but they are all now available from AtomicGamer
, The Patches Scrolls
, and WorthPlaying
. The new version is also available automatically though Steam
, where we can find the patch notes, which include word that the new version adds a new Monhaim Valley map for skirmish and multiplayer as well as several new Occult Technologies. The full patch notes follow.
- New Monhaim Valley map for skirmish and multiplayer
- The new Technology Board “The Occult Science” offers players 6 exciting Occult Technologies:
- Fallen soldiers briefly come back from the dead to avenge their death.
- Evil Eye:
- Fewer Clerics are needed to proselytize Camps.
- Deal with the Devil:
- For every soldier you send to kingdom come, you’ll be rewarded with coins.
- Demonic Bargaining:
- You’ll get more coins for each batch of Garments and Jewellery you sell at Ports and Marketplaces.
- Dark Aura:
- The effect of Clerics deployed in Camps is increased by 5%.
- Hidden Persuasion:
- With every deal they close at Ports or Market Places, your Traders have a 10% chance of obtaining their merchandise without having to pay.
- The new Trading Board “The Pentacle” is now available in the Map Forge.
- Added the new Template Exchange to upload, browse, share and rate templates created in the Map Forge.
- Fixed a wrong message that was displayed after the game lost its network connection
- Fixed a double displayed mentor text
- Fixed a bug related to the shortcuts on MAC that were implemented with patch 1.09 – Shortcuts now work on MacOS
- Fixed a bug were a Facebook account cannot be connected to game
- Fixed a rare desync when players quit the game
- Fixed sound issues that occurred when the online connection wasn’t available.
||Re: The Settlers 7 Patch Adds New Map
||Dec 8, 2010, 11:28
Optional nickname wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 10:26:
The Entire World with a computer today:
Facebook 24/7 365d, always online, Tweet how and when I dropped a pea on the floor, and this is where I live, and there are my 6 best friends , and there is the Google Street View of their Safety Deposit Box.
The 1,000 people who can't pirate UBI games anymore: WAAAAHHHHH WHHAHHHHHHHHH I have to be online , WHHHHAHHHHHHHHHH
Well done UBI, you curbed PC Piracy somewhat, and you are supporting your game with subsequent patches, because you received funds accordingly.
Facebook? No, over my dead body.
Twitter? I'm not into e-narcissism, thanks.
Hell, I don't even show up on Google.
So, well done, Ubi. Yet another of your games I won't buy, because I refuse to be treated like a criminal, and didn't slow the pirates down won bit. Take your virtual tracking anklet and shove it.