Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch

Unknown Worlds announces a new patch for the Natural Selection 2 beta, which is currently running for preorder customers. The change list (which follows) for build 158 is short because they wanted to clear up some issues with the previous release for the weekend. Thanks Joao.

• Hydra server optimizations (this should help but probably not fix completely)
  • Hydras now fire at the proper point on targets (esp. for infantry portal, command station)
  • Changed most marine structure build times to be the same as in NS1
  • Fixed problem where power nodes sometimes made lights red even when they were functioning
  • Fixed intermittent black screen during gameplay
  • Fixed possible timeout when creating a listen server
  • Fixed Fade "skating" animation problem
  • Improved death messages (showing incorrect artwork or no killer name)
  • First-person flamethrower effects and on-fire flamethrower effects (today, not yesterday)
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch
Dec 6, 2010, 06:05
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 6, 2010, 06:05
Dec 6, 2010, 06:05

I liked NS but im not sure about NS2. I was one of the few that liked vanilla but also liked combat (with building too!). Vanilla needed hours of play to get a decent game when sometimes I only had 30 mins or so (perfect for combat).

The whole NS2 community seems dead set against combat, the threads are simply militant. Not sure i'll bother with NS2 until it is in a sale on steam.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dec 5, 2010, 21:11
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 5, 2010, 21:11
Dec 5, 2010, 21:11

if you plan on buying this later - BUY IT NOW!
they are independant dev's any they actually need to money to keep making the game.

Even if you buy it now, and don't touch it until its polished.

Dec 5, 2010, 12:58
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 5, 2010, 12:58
Dec 5, 2010, 12:58

Thanks for the update guys! I've been playing NS since it's inception and feel I own the team money whether I like NS2 or not. I was just curious as to how far along they are in development. I might wait till the finished product because I have plenty to play right now.

Dec 5, 2010, 04:10
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 5, 2010, 04:10
Dec 5, 2010, 04:10

ya agreed, if you've never played the first one, or haven't followed the development of this from earlier on, it might not be the time to order up. that said it is playable without hydra/turret spam, so if you don't mind waiting for a fully functioning version, then it's still pretty fun atm. I know i've had much less fun for $35 in the past.you do need a pretty beefy gpu setup tho to get playable frames, as it's fairly un-optimised right now. don't know about SLI, but X-fire gives glitches, but playable(30-40fps) with a single 4870 512mb med settings @1920x1200

Dec 5, 2010, 00:04
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 5, 2010, 00:04
Dec 5, 2010, 00:04

Right now it's playable... servers are a lot more stable then before. That said. If you start dropping turrets for either team the servers start to rubberband. Other then that, there's still a few of the gameplay things missing, but what's there is great. If you don't already have it, i'd wait until it's more stable as this will probably turn you away from the game.
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

Dec 4, 2010, 23:50
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 4, 2010, 23:50
Dec 4, 2010, 23:50

It's on the edge of playable. I would hold off - there is quite a long way for the game to go. Right now lots of features are missing, it's unbalanced, pretty buggy, and most importantly it's unoptimized so the performance is often pretty bad. On the plus side it looks gorgeous and drips with potential, and they have nowhere to go but up.

Dec 4, 2010, 23:04
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 4, 2010, 23:04
Dec 4, 2010, 23:04

Are you in the beta? Is it playable? I mean are you able to play games with the beta?

Dec 4, 2010, 22:31
Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 4, 2010, 22:31
Dec 4, 2010, 22:31

damn these guys are on a warpath with these updates. gettin some nice progress passed while, startin to shape up nicely.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older