Star Ruler Patches

The Star Ruler Website now offers a new version 1.0.2.4 patch for the space strategy game and a subsequent version 1.0.2.6 hotfix, saying the Steam edition should already be up-to-date, which is reflected by Steam News. The patch is mirrored on The Patches Scrolls, as is the hotfix. Here is the Changelog.
View : : :
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Star Ruler Patches
Nov 14, 2010, 18:18
Rigs

Re: Star Ruler Patches Nov 14, 2010, 18:18
Nov 14, 2010, 18:18
 Rigs

Sword of The Stars is the closest it's come for me but needed a better turn based strategy phase and more ship building variety.

Yes, SOTS is pretty playable from the start and not too complicated to get into. Sins of a Solar Empire, while not exactly the 4x type, still has it's moments. GalCiv2 will always be my top spot 4x game and they'll have to bury it with me when I go or pry it out of my cold, dead hands...

On the other hand (that isn't cold and dead), if you want a true challenge, you can't get any more statistified than Distant Worlds. It's the 'War In The Pacific: Admirals Edition' of the space 4x genre. You practically need a degree in Administration to play it effectively. Certainly my kind of game, it's a great way to forget the world around you for a few hours/days/weeks...

=-Rigs-=
Dec 10th, '21 Mayfield EF4 tornado survivor
'Sorry, we thought you were dead.'
'I was. I'm better now.'

Nov 14, 2010, 07:09
S2M
Re: Star Ruler Patches Nov 14, 2010, 07:09
Nov 14, 2010, 07:09
S2M

Bugger whimsy, there is far too much whimsy shit in today's games.
The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

Nov 14, 2010, 06:41
Re: Star Ruler Patches Nov 14, 2010, 06:41
Nov 14, 2010, 06:41

Demo was too hardcore for me... I need something whimsical but deep like MOO1. Moo2 was good but by then the genre had started to lose it's soul until this point in time when you get technically competent, balanced and bland I want to love it but cannot situations like Galciv2 and these impenetrable steam clones. Sword of The Stars is the closest it's come for me but needed a better turn based strategy phase and more ship building variety.

Moo 1 still fires the imagination and is still playable. Up to the point where you realise you didn't choose Psilon and get decimated. What can I say, I'm a fan of the genre but terrible at it.
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older