Steam News announces
that the Steam Wallet
is now live, along with in-game transactions, as a new Team Fortress 2
Mann Co. Store is now in business to allow the purchase of in-game items from within the teamplay shooter sequel. They say this is the first of many upcoming Steamworks in-game stores where Steam Wallet funds can be spent, and a new TF2 Mannconomy FAQ
explains the new in-game economics. Speaking of economics, Team Fortress 2
is now on sale for 50% off. This also entails a new Team Fortress 2 automatic patch
with the following changes.
Team Fortress 2
- Added the Mann-conomy.
- Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).
- Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
- Added Trading.
- Added Item customization.
- Additional TF2 features
- Added new auto-team-scramble system:
- Set mp_scrambleteams_auto to 1 (default) to automatically scramble the teams if the criteria is met
- Set mp_scrambleteams_auto_windifference to set the number of round wins a team must lead by in order to trigger an auto scramble (default is 2)
- Updated how Spy disguise targets are selected to more randomly distribute the selections
- Fixed the FreezePanel background not using the correct color if you were killed by a player or building on your own team
- Server browser tweaks
- It will now encourage you to add servers to Favorites or Blacklists after you have a good/bad experience on them.
- The Server Browser now automatically closes after successfully connecting to a server (opt-out via the Options-Multiplayer->Advanced dialog)
- Achievement tuning
- Demoman achievement "The Stickening" changed to 3 from 5.
- Heavy achievement "Krazy Ivan" changed to 50 from 100.
- Medic achievement "Consultation" changed to 3 from 5.
- Medic achievement "Peer Review" changed to 10 from 50.
- Medic achievement "Placebo Effect" changed to 2 from from 5.
- Medic achievement "FYI I am A Medic" changed to 1 from 5.
- Medic achievement "Family Practice" changed to 5 from 10.
- Soldier achievement "Geneva Contravention" changed to 3 from 5.
- Scout achievement "Strike Zone" now counts assists.
- Scout achievements "Fall Classic" and "Foul Territory" are fixed.
Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Added sv_alltalk to the list of convars that are checked for the sv_tags list.
- Fixed a model instance crash.
- Removed engine ConVar "r_ForceRestore"
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
- Updated to run on the Orange Box engine with CS:S, DoD:S, and TF2