The Bible Online Launches

It's Genesis day for The Bible Online, as this browser-based real-time strategy game is now open for business. Word is: "Players can meet and play the real heroes of Genesis, Abraham and his descendants. The game is designed for users to actually experience the Book of Genesis by fulfilling quests of Abraham, which is based on the true stories of the Genesis. As a MMORTS, players are to lead their tribe, build buildings, maintain resources and engage in warfare with other tribes. However, players do not stay in one place, but will go on a quest to go to the Promised Land. Players will lead Abraham’s tribe from Ur to Haran and finally to Canaan."
View : : :
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: The Bible Online Launches
Sep 28, 2010, 23:05
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:05
Sep 28, 2010, 23:05

Atomic wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 21:56:
For example, most condemn, criticize, and ridicule Christianity because it personally convicts them like nothing else and their shield of condemnation is the only thing they have to protect themselves. They don't like the way it makes them feel but they can't deny it makes them feel something.

Rotfl

OH NO HE'LL SEE RIGHT THROUGH MY DEFENSE MECHANISM

Sep 28, 2010, 22:59
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 22:59
Sep 28, 2010, 22:59

Anyone want to build a Secrete]sic] warehouse?

http://www.bibleonlinegame.com/image/screenshot/5.jpg

Way to reinforce the uneducated blind faith stereotype guys.

(Not that I don't think they're "off their rocker" anyways...)

Sep 28, 2010, 22:30
Dev
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 22:30
Sep 28, 2010, 22:30
Dev

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 21:37:
I agree, if it was the Book of Mormon, or Koran, most people wouldn't care.

Its a behavior that you'll find isn't restricted to discussions on the internet, its widespread, for instance the media LOVES to cover negative stories about Christians or Jews, but often tries to avoid negative stories about other religions.

Pfft, smoke another bowl of crack. If this was based on the Koran people would be screaming 'Bloody Murder' and calling it a terrorist training simulator. And the vast majority of media, much like any politician will bend over backward to not say even the slightest criticism against Israel or jews anywhere. And compared to the negative slant they give Islam, they barely touch the Xtians even when they deserve it.

Lets see... last big islamic news story I recall is about the koran burning. You know the one where everyone was saying (ranging from SS/FBI to obama himself, and of course everyone in the media) "No don't burn it, you'll upset the muslims"
Thats certainly not a negative slant. A negative slant of the story towards islam would have been "burn it! who cares about what they think, and besides its freedom of speech and freedom of religion."

The media would have been much smarter to just leave the entire story alone. Some random crazy whack job of a pastor of a tiny random crazy church somewhere in florida (you know the state that has their own category on Fark) burning a koran, who cares. Its only because the media went nutzoid over it that it became something more.

Just to be clear, I think the entire idea of burning ANY religious text is whack, and that the pastor was whack. The media made the whole thing into a far bigger spectacle than it should have been, and vastly increased the likelyhood of a negative reaction among muslims. I mean comeon, we've seen how they react to things like those cartoons, do we really need to go out of our way to antagonize a big chunk of the world population?

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2010, 22:40.

Sep 28, 2010, 22:21
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 22:21
Sep 28, 2010, 22:21

No atomic, no - I condemn Xtianity (or any other religion) because it makes grown up adults believe that a fat jolly man lives the sky. ARE YOU SERIOUS???
People are labelled insane for less ridiculous concepts.

Are people such assholes that they can't be nice to other people unless big papa is watching them? and if they aren't nice they'll have to go to the naughty corner for all eternity?

Sep 28, 2010, 21:56
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:56
Sep 28, 2010, 21:56

Generally when one exhibits so much angst and hate toward something, it is because one sees something in themselves they do not like, so they take the opportunity to condemn that thing to anyone that will hear.

For example, most condemn, criticize, and ridicule Christianity because it personally convicts them like nothing else and their shield of condemnation is the only thing they have to protect themselves. They don't like the way it makes them feel but they can't deny it makes them feel something.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

Sep 28, 2010, 21:40
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:40
Sep 28, 2010, 21:40

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 21:34:
Grifter wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 21:22:
why is this such a big deal its just about the bible. If it were about many other books or religious text people just would not care.

It's like people have a license to hate, because its on the bible instead of just treating it like millions of other text that are in existence

Because millions of other stories haven't been responsible for most of mankinds woes like religion has - specifically Xtianity leading the way.

There are games with Nazi's in it, and how many lives did they destroy?

There are sims about the roman empire, hmm I wonder how many lives they destroyed in there quest for there great empire.

Also if you look at what the game is about its not even about christianity its just about the bible.

Abraham and the book of genesis was written 2500 years before christianity so how is it about christianity

man people are so ignorant

Sep 28, 2010, 21:37
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:37
Sep 28, 2010, 21:37

Its a behavior that you'll find isn't restricted to discussions on the internet, its widespread, for instance the media LOVES to cover negative stories about Christians or Jews, but often tries to avoid negative stories about other religions.

Pfft, smoke another bowl of crack. If this was based on the Koran people would be screaming 'Bloody Murder' and calling it a terrorist training simulator. And the vast majority of media, much like any politician will bend over backward to not say even the slightest criticism against Israel or jews anywhere. And compared to the negative slant they give Islam, they barely touch the Xtians even when they deserve it.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Sep 28, 2010, 21:34
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:34
Sep 28, 2010, 21:34

why is this such a big deal its just about the bible. If it were about many other books or religious text people just would not care.

It's like people have a license to hate, because its on the bible instead of just treating it like millions of other text that are in existence

Because millions of other stories haven't been responsible for most of mankinds woes like religion has - specifically Xtianity leading the way.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Sep 28, 2010, 21:29
Dev
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:29
Sep 28, 2010, 21:29
Dev

Sep 28, 2010, 21:27
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:27
Sep 28, 2010, 21:27

Can i be Jesus?..Cause if i cant, fuck this game!

Sep 28, 2010, 21:22
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:22
Sep 28, 2010, 21:22

Sep 28, 2010, 21:20
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:20
Sep 28, 2010, 21:20

There are RTS games based on Norse, Greek, Roman, etc. mythologies. Why not a Christian one too? The bible is full of great set piece missions: bring the ten commandments to the mount, cross the Red Sea, etc.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Sep 28, 2010, 21:14
Dev
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 21:14
Sep 28, 2010, 21:14
Dev

I hope they thought about griefers when they made this. Most MMOs that are just starting out have ZERO thought about that kinda thing until it starts happening. I can see this being a mega magnet for griefers.

Also is this pay monthly, pay to play, free, or?

Edit:
The site is not exactly friendly, doesn't have much info about the game. Going into forum and digging for the FAQ it says its free to play but has premium features for money.

Blue, the FAQ says its only for europe right now.
http://tboforum.fiaa.eu/index.php?/topic/17-faq-frequently-asked-questions/

Sep 28, 2010, 20:50
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:50
Sep 28, 2010, 20:50

it'd be way too easy to mock this, I'm just gonna go "heh" and move on. It's the classy way.

Sep 28, 2010, 20:46
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:46
Sep 28, 2010, 20:46

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 20:28:
Oh boy, here we go...

I don't know what you're talking about. Let the rational, cool-headed, and respectful discussion commence!

Sep 28, 2010, 20:45
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:45
Sep 28, 2010, 20:45

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 20:37:
based on the true stories of the Genesis

Really? And they have proof of this? Otherwise it'll just be their little secret.

I'm wondering if this game explores all the homoerotic subtext of the Bible.

I was like..wha?..then i was like..dude..then i was all like..lol.

Sep 28, 2010, 20:37
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:37
Sep 28, 2010, 20:37

based on the true stories of the Genesis

Really? And they have proof of this? Otherwise it'll just be their little secret.

I'm wondering if this game explores all the homoerotic subtext of the Bible.

Sep 28, 2010, 20:28
Prez

Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:28
Sep 28, 2010, 20:28
 Prez

Oh boy, here we go...
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 28, 2010, 20:10
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 20:10
Sep 28, 2010, 20:10

this looks like a crusader's recruiting tool, it should be banned!