The Bible Online Launches

It's Genesis day for The Bible Online, as this browser-based real-time strategy game is now open for business. Word is: "Players can meet and play the real heroes of Genesis, Abraham and his descendants. The game is designed for users to actually experience the Book of Genesis by fulfilling quests of Abraham, which is based on the true stories of the Genesis. As a MMORTS, players are to lead their tribe, build buildings, maintain resources and engage in warfare with other tribes. However, players do not stay in one place, but will go on a quest to go to the Promised Land. Players will lead Abraham’s tribe from Ur to Haran and finally to Canaan."
View : : :
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: The Bible Online Launches
Sep 29, 2010, 06:52
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 06:52
Sep 29, 2010, 06:52

All the crusades nonsense is red herring at best. You can't complain about something hundreds of years old. Jesus, the stuff our country has done far more recently isn't terribly different.

But to say people dislike religion because they don't want to be judged is insane.
People dislike things absolutely adored despite there being no proof. And people dislike intolerance for other thought.

Which is ironic, because the lack of religion has become pure religion to most of them. Things can't be proven true, but typically also can't be proven false.

Sep 29, 2010, 06:10
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 06:10
Sep 29, 2010, 06:10

Another fantasy MMO?

Sep 29, 2010, 05:39
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 05:39
Sep 29, 2010, 05:39

I'm surprised there haven't been more games.. and quality ones at that.
It was only a matter of time anyhow.

Sep 29, 2010, 05:16
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 05:16
Sep 29, 2010, 05:16

How many wars, crusades, inquistions, and attempted genocides have been caused by religion vs. patriotism or sports games? I can't even think of a single war caused by the latter, and even though those things may play a part religion is almost always the overriding factor, and always part of it in some way, shape, or form.

Hello Nazi's were very patriotic and they used there patriotism to start ww2 and that's right we can't forget those patriotic japanese during ww2.

Hmm what about Lenin's revolution in Russia. was that started by religion. or the Korean war or the vietnam war or the one with russian in afganistan.

How about those patriotic Rwandan tutsi's and there genocide attack to overthrow the hutu led government in rwanda.

How about the wars in the El Salvadorian civil war or the communist overthrowing Cuba.

How about the American Revolution and George Washingtons patriotism

I could go on with WW1 and the wars that broke up Yugoslavia all about people being patriotic.

there are no wars i can think of started by sports but there are a bunch of riots because ppl get mad because there soccer team lost or won.

You hate religion good for you, but there is no reason for you to go on a hate crusade against a game about the bible

would you done the same if it were a game on, hinduism or taoism or shintoism or islam.

I bet you loved Gods of War a game about religious figures.

It's okay to play doom which has demons in it again religious figures.

Or games like Zone of enders which they named there giant robots after Egyptian religious deities

Or final fantasy which names there characters after babylonian characters I even remember one of the creaturss you could call upon in that game was Baphomet, which is another name for the devil ewww another religious figure.

oh no that is all perfectly fine with Cutter

But make a game about the bible which is a book then all of the sudden that is a no!!! no!!!

You are a hypocrite Cutter

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2010, 05:30.

Sep 29, 2010, 04:25
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 04:25
Sep 29, 2010, 04:25

NicklePop wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 00:49:
Religion itself is not to blame for societal woes, it was simply the vessel the elites motivated the chattel to meet their goals for power/wealth. Replace religion with patriotism/national pride/sports fans etc... people are nuts, and will follow the waves of social emotion without thinking.

Sure it is. How many wars, crusades, inquistions, and attempted genocides have been caused by religion vs. patriotism or sports games? I can't even think of a single war caused by the latter, and even though those things may play a part religion is almost always the overriding factor, and always part of it in some way, shape, or form.

If you met an otherwise rational adult on the street tomorrow who was preaching on about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and he earnestly believed they were real, wouldn't you think he needed psychological help? And what if those beliefs could easily lead him to war or violence against others who would not subscribe to his beliefs and he wanted to enforce those beliefs on others? Religion has always tried to coerce or foist itself on people and that is the problem. And one of the most offensive aspects about it is that it starts with the brainwashing of children. There are too many reasons to list why those of us who loathe religion do so.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Sep 29, 2010, 04:16
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 04:16
Sep 29, 2010, 04:16

Anyone want to build a Secrete[sic] warehouse?

http://www.bibleonlinegame.com/image/screenshot/5.jpg

Way to reinforce the uneducated blind faith stereotype guys.

I wonder what kind of secretions are occurring in said warehouse...
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Sep 29, 2010, 04:15
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 04:15
Sep 29, 2010, 04:15

Ugh. The video game equivalent of the band Stryper.

I need to go play some Doom just to cleanse myself.

Sep 29, 2010, 04:02
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 04:02
Sep 29, 2010, 04:02

your example is true, patriotism/national pride/sports fans are all equally as nuts...

but at least they are based on things you can measure, and not a fictional set of characters.

Sep 29, 2010, 00:49
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 00:49
Sep 29, 2010, 00:49

Atomic wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 21:56:
Generally when one exhibits so much angst and hate toward something, it is because one sees something in themselves they do not like, so they take the opportunity to condemn that thing to anyone that will hear.

For example, most condemn, criticize, and ridicule Christianity because it personally convicts them like nothing else and their shield of condemnation is the only thing they have to protect themselves. They don't like the way it makes them feel but they can't deny it makes them feel something.

I agree with this, and it explains the vitriol against christianty of late. Nobody wants to be convicted of being "wrong".

Religion itself is not to blame for societal woes, it was simply the vessel the elites motivated the chattel to meet their goals for power/wealth. Replace religion with patriotism/national pride/sports fans etc... people are nuts, and will follow the waves of social emotion without thinking.

Sep 29, 2010, 00:33
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 00:33
Sep 29, 2010, 00:33

even so-called Christians dont know what Christianity is about

True, but then as much as I think Christians should, they don't have to.

to most people its just "GOD SAID SO, YESSIR" with basically zero knowledge about what is actually said or why or even the basis for this idea... but thats really the whole point tho - nobody asks about the basis for anything, everything is just taken at face value.. "tell me what to think so i dont have to do it myself"

No idea why you're ranting about this, when it's obvious you don't know about the subject matter either.

Sep 29, 2010, 00:26
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 00:26
Sep 29, 2010, 00:26

Will you get to play as the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, or is it just restricted to Christian fairy tales?

Sep 29, 2010, 00:22
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 29, 2010, 00:22
Sep 29, 2010, 00:22

even so-called Christians dont know what Christianity is about

its hilarious to me just how very little people know about judiasm and christianity, just from a political and sociological point of view - and thats not to mention all the various greek mysteries, egyptian metaphysics, ascetic orders, prophecy cults, eastern mysticisms, and so on and so forth that were instrumental to the spiritual and mythological aspect

to most people its just "GOD SAID SO, YESSIR" with basically zero knowledge about what is actually said or why or even the basis for this idea... but thats really the whole point tho - nobody asks about the basis for anything, everything is just taken at face value.. "tell me what to think so i dont have to do it myself"

Re: Moses the terrorist
Sep 29, 2010, 00:19
Re: Moses the terrorist Sep 29, 2010, 00:19
Sep 29, 2010, 00:19

I found the premise at least of the Left Behind game to be more interesting, even though the game itself turned out horrible. But this looks to be a far better game than most Biblical fare, not that this is saying much, as virtually all Bible games up until now have sucked the nads off a chimp to put it bluntly.

I agree. My personal take on it is that Christianity and games really don't mix. I have played a couple of Christian games that were fun (terrible production values, but fun) but something about them doesn't seem right. As a guy who loves making games, I just can't bring myself to go there.

My son is going to be my guinea pig and give it a try. (He's Christian; I'm not)

Heh, well... hopefully he enjoys it

#25 - And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

#26 - Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him....

Congratulations on being a bible n00b. Carry on.

Moses the terrorist
Sep 29, 2010, 00:02
Moses the terrorist Sep 29, 2010, 00:02
Sep 29, 2010, 00:02

#25 - And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

#26 - Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

#27 - And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

#28 - And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

#29 - For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.

- from the Book of Exodus, king james version

Sep 28, 2010, 23:56
Prez

Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:56
Sep 28, 2010, 23:56
 Prez

Reactor wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 23:49:

As for the game... despite a few chinks in the design armour, at least it looks better than most other Christian games.

I found the premise at least of the Left Behind game to be more interesting, even though the game itself turned out horrible. But this looks to be a far better game than most Biblical fare, not that this is saying much, as virtually all Bible games up until now have sucked the nads off a chimp to put it bluntly.

My son is going to be my guinea pig and give it a try. (He's Christian; I'm not)
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 28, 2010, 23:49
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:49
Sep 28, 2010, 23:49

I had no intention of getting involved in this quagmire, but honestly, this is the dumbest piece of armchair psychiatry that I've read in years.

I agree, and I am a fairly hardcore Christian. It's actually old-school apologetics, but it isn't backed up scripturally.

As for the game... despite a few chinks in the design armour, at least it looks better than most other Christian games.

Sep 28, 2010, 23:48
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:48
Sep 28, 2010, 23:48

I wanna play as Abraham and prove my piety by killing my own child. Big fun.

Or...

I'll play as Lot and have my hot daughters fuck me while I'm drunk. Even bigger fun.

Or...

I'll play Elijah and ask god to unleash wild she-bears on as many insolent children as possible.

Good times.

Sep 28, 2010, 23:43
Prez

Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:43
Sep 28, 2010, 23:43
 Prez

Beamer wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 23:19:

Hey, I don't like Twinkies, either. Is that because when I look at them I see a rough exterior with a soft filling and it reminds me so much of myself I must condemn it?

But do you pounce on people who proclaim to like twinkies in the www.hostess.com forums? (I don't even know if it exists ; hypothetical question here) It's one thing to dislike something because it's not your thing. It's another to loathe something so ardently that you have to continuously deride and insult it and people who like/use/adhere to it every single time it gets mentioned in any context whatsoever.

Like most generalities, the stated psycho-babble will not apply to many if not most people, but there may be some truth to it as it as good an explanation as any as to why no other topic brings such hatred and rudeness out in people like religion, particularly Judeo-Christian religions.

Beamer wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 23:19:
Or are you simply rationalizing why people don't believe in something that has absolutely zero proof in favor of it?

He didn't mention anything about "not believing". He was addressing the belligerent attitude displayed in every thread that even has a passing connection to religion in any way, shape, or form.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 28, 2010, 23:34
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:34
Sep 28, 2010, 23:34

Hope this site gets DoS to hell!

Sep 28, 2010, 23:19
Re: The Bible Online Launches Sep 28, 2010, 23:19
Sep 28, 2010, 23:19

Generally when one exhibits so much angst and hate toward something, it is because one sees something in themselves they do not like, so they take the opportunity to condemn that thing to anyone that will hear.

For example, most condemn, criticize, and ridicule Christianity because it personally convicts them like nothing else and their shield of condemnation is the only thing they have to protect themselves. They don't like the way it makes them feel but they can't deny it makes them feel something.

I had no intention of getting involved in this quagmire, but honestly, this is the dumbest piece of armchair psychiatry that I've read in years.

For a second I thought HellSlayer had a new account.

Hey, I don't like Twinkies, either. Is that because when I look at them I see a rough exterior with a soft filling and it reminds me so much of myself I must condemn it?
Or are you simply rationalizing why people don't believe in something that has absolutely zero proof in favor of it?
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older