No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases

The upcoming Medal of Honor reboot will not be sold in GameStop stores located in US military bases, nor will Electronic Arts' military shooter be sold in US PXs around the world, reports Kotaku, saying this is based on the controversial ability to play as the Taliban forces in the game. "GameStop has agreed out of respect for our past and present men and women in uniform we will not carry Medal of Honor in any of our AAFES based stores," is an excerpt from a GameStop email to employees on the decision. "As such, GameStop agreed to have all marketing material pulled by noon today and to stop taking reservations. Customers who enter our AAFES stores and wish to reserve Medal of Honor can and should be directed to the nearest GameStop location off base."
View : : :
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases
Sep 4, 2010, 07:07
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 4, 2010, 07:07
Sep 4, 2010, 07:07

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 09:30:
I think Hellbinder is totally laughing his ass of at us. He is probably a liberal atheist masquerading as a religious nut right-wing white supremacist just so he can troll this site more effectively.....

Or I could be wrong....

In any case he is very entertaining and enlightening at the same time....I especially like his religious focus and conviction...its so typical of the christian fanatic. "Everyone ELSE is wrong and Im RIGHT" even when he is blatantly wrong he sticks to his guns. I guess that will happen to a person who deludes himself all the time. Suddenly the line between reality and fantasy, truth and belief, gets very very thin and everything starts to blurr...

I'minclined to think he honestly believes what he's saying, he just thinks he's more enlightened than anyone else. The sad thing is, he's not exactly wearing a tinfoil hat, the basis of his EPIC RAGE is simply the idea that people in first-world countries are out of touch with how the world works in favor of consumerism and/or mundane things that don't matter. His way of making the point is, needless to say, immature and elitist.
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

Sep 3, 2010, 12:18
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 12:18
Sep 3, 2010, 12:18

Isn't this kinda like China blocking/censoring the internet because it doesn't like or sees it's citizen shouldn't have freedom to choose...

No. Because GameStop chose to do this. No one forced it.

It has nothing to do with choice. At all. Not a damn thing. No one in GameStop thinks soldiers are too stupid to choose whether to play this or not.
Instead GameStop is afraid Fox News or the like will pick up on GameStop selling this game to soldiers who then get to kill their virtual selves. They're afraid of the negative press and afraid of some kind of lawsuit for emotional damages by some soldier somehow tying the actions to this game to real life.

It's not about choice.
It's about GameStop covering their asses.

Sep 3, 2010, 12:10
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 12:10
Sep 3, 2010, 12:10

Isn't this kinda like China blocking/censoring the internet because it doesn't like or sees it's citizen shouldn't have freedom to choose...

And to the one or few ranting on immorality and how we just want freedom to be immoral. Well what is wrong with that, freedom doesn't mean you have the choice of only the Moral Majority.

Definition of freedom for the FEW here that seem to forget
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/freedom

Sep 3, 2010, 11:33
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 11:33
Sep 3, 2010, 11:33

No affiliation with the c*&k gobbler either by the way.

Sep 3, 2010, 11:31
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 11:31
Sep 3, 2010, 11:31

Hellbender is a pussy just like the Taliban. Toss a gernade and run, plant a mine and hide. Why dont you come back in Sissybender and rebuttal from the Koran for us pretty please?

Sep 3, 2010, 11:18
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 11:18
Sep 3, 2010, 11:18

I have this eerie feeling Hellbinder takes the Bible literally.

Sep 3, 2010, 10:57
Kxmode

Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 10:57
Sep 3, 2010, 10:57
 Kxmode

Hellbinder wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 21:57:
This kind of GARBAGE has nothing to do with freedom. Every single day i am dumbfounded a little more by the utter immorality in the minds of most people. Reading the posts here is just utterly stupifying and sad.

None of you have any character at all. none of you. You dont even know what freedom is. All you guys care about is how perverted and immoral it lets you be and not a one of you would shed your own blood to keep your "freedom" unless of course someone gets in front of you at Mcdonalds and slows you from stuffing another cheesburger into your fat bloated bodies to feed your perverted self indulged minds.

You are what you entertain yourself with.

you guys are a disgrace.. truly and honestly a disgrace as are these game companys.

Hellbinder suffers from an acute case of Trollitis. He simply cannot bring himself to post anything even remotely close to the topic of discussion.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Sep 3, 2010, 10:45
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 10:45
Sep 3, 2010, 10:45

Taken from the most awesome post about this on Neowin.

"Why is it always seem that the most reverent ways to honor our troops involve taking a dump on the very liberties (at least US soldiers) are sworn to defend? You honor soldiers by exercising the freedoms they protect - not by curtailing them."

Sep 3, 2010, 09:30
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 09:30
Sep 3, 2010, 09:30

I think Hellbinder is totally laughing his ass of at us. He is probably a liberal atheist masquerading as a religious nut right-wing white supremacist just so he can troll this site more effectively.....

Or I could be wrong....

In any case he is very entertaining and enlightening at the same time....I especially like his religious focus and conviction...its so typical of the christian fanatic. "Everyone ELSE is wrong and Im RIGHT" even when he is blatantly wrong he sticks to his guns. I guess that will happen to a person who deludes himself all the time. Suddenly the line between reality and fantasy, truth and belief, gets very very thin and everything starts to blurr...
I have a nifty blue line!

Sep 3, 2010, 09:14
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 09:14
Sep 3, 2010, 09:14

Jonny you make the point well. this is idiot marketing at its best.

Sep 3, 2010, 09:02
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 09:02
Sep 3, 2010, 09:02

"Some of you feel that this does some kind of injustice to your brothers in arms, so we're going to allow you to pretend it doesn't exist while still selling it to everyone else. We're doing this because we respect the fact (which we pulled out of our ass) that you can't handle things that make you upset as much as people who don't travel to foreign countries to get shot at for something they don't believe in."

Crossposting from slashdot, but you can't tell me it ain't true.

Sep 3, 2010, 08:57
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 08:57
Sep 3, 2010, 08:57

Don't these Medal of Honour games have soldiers working on them as advisors? I'm pretty sure if your average soldier was ever likely to have given a fuck about it they'd have said so in the design phase.

Sep 3, 2010, 07:52
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 07:52
Sep 3, 2010, 07:52

This kind of GARBAGE has nothing to do with blah blah *drivel*

troll, at least try and make some sense. Bad troll, in every way possible.

Anyway back on topic, the only people who will be pissed by this are the soldiers. I saw a documentary the other day and the day roooms were packed with soldiers playing MW2. This just smacks of some corporate fuckwittery.

Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event
Sep 3, 2010, 07:14
Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Sep 3, 2010, 07:14
Sep 3, 2010, 07:14

Figures...when u have someone that is from the Taliban right in the whitehouse. Yea, I said it! Oo
o0

Sep 3, 2010, 04:28
Prez

Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 04:28
Sep 3, 2010, 04:28
 Prez

Note to Bluesnewsers:

For those who don't know, Hellbinder is an internet grenadier ( http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/grenade.htm ). He will come in a thread, launch a ridiculous morally superior rant with outlandish insults, then leave and never come back. Don't be taken in - ignore him or put him on your block list.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 3, 2010, 03:27
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 03:27
Sep 3, 2010, 03:27

I now a person who is an ex taliban. He was trained in the USA to fight the russians. Later he came back to the USA and settled here. Its hilarious they are now enemy number 1, when 15 years ago we were arming them and training them.

Sounds a bit like Iraq which we used to arm and were our allies when they were fighting Iran.

It sort of depends on what the election cycle is and how much of a boost in the polls the party in power needs.

On one hand we have the taliban who are labeled enemy number 1, which we've all have been told they're evil because of their extremist, radical islamic ideology. On the other hand the US government wants to paint islam as a peaceful religion and allow "islamic cultural centers" to be built all across the nation.

Terrorist Win

Paris taken over by muslims

Anyways, EA is going to ignore this controversy over the game (they deleted a thread covering this topic on the MoH forums), they probably hope it makes it to Fox news for the free publicity.

Sep 3, 2010, 01:40
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 01:40
Sep 3, 2010, 01:40

This kind of GARBAGE has nothing to do with freedom. Every single day i am dumbfounded a little more by the utter immorality in the minds of most people. Reading the posts here is just utterly stupifying and sad.

None of you have any character at all. none of you. You dont even know what freedom is. All you guys care about is how perverted and immoral it lets you be and not a one of you would shed your own blood to keep your "freedom" unless of course someone gets in front of you at Mcdonalds and slows you from stuffing another cheesburger into your fat bloated bodies to feed your perverted self indulged minds.

you guys are a disgrace.. truly and honestly a disgrace as are these game companys.

You're so desperate for attention; you reek of it. The proselytizing, the whinging and moaning about others who don't live up to your standards....not only do you waste your breath in trying to offer your opinion, but...you suck at it.

Rather than offer you my opinion, I'll offer you a fact: it's apparent to me and everyone else here that the best part of you ran out of your dad's ass crack and wound up as a stain on the prison mattress.

How's that for character?

(I'll gladly take my punishment with a smile, Blue. Unlike this sorry fuckwad.)

Sep 3, 2010, 00:55
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 3, 2010, 00:55
Sep 3, 2010, 00:55

THe things people get upset about.

It is a game.

Next thing you know they will be banning books and magazines....

Sep 2, 2010, 23:50
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 2, 2010, 23:50
Sep 2, 2010, 23:50

This entire controversy might make more sense if the Generic OpFor in half the current military first-person shooters wasn't blatantly the Taliban as it is. It's okay as long as you can act like an ostrich and dunk your head in the sand, but slap the name on it and watch out...

You don't see Russia getting pissed off when they're the villains these days. I remember how the Russian politicians got mad about Modern Warfare 2 because it suggested their entire nation is bloodthirsty, they didn't even care about the airport level itself.

At least I have a shift key and a spell checker.
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

Sep 2, 2010, 23:17
Re: No Medal of Honor Sales on US Bases Sep 2, 2010, 23:17
Sep 2, 2010, 23:17

rather than go on some childish rant, why don't you explain your view and why you feel the way you feel.

OH!!! and your accusations with out actually stating the reasons behind them merily says something about your character

It says that you have the character of a spoiled child and lack the cognitive reasoning to have an adult conversation.

So I expect your response to this to be nothing more than the same childish behaviour you have exhibited previously.

The funny thing I have to admit thou which is actually kind of scary is the fact you sound just like that guy who held hostages at the discovery channel just yesterday.

You scare me

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older