More StarCraft II Sales Figures

With StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty sitting atop the UK multi-format sales charts, the first PC-only title to top that list so far this year, MCV points out that Blizzard's real-time strategy sequel has sold more copies in the UK in five days that the original StarCraft has sold over its 12-year lifespan. This is all the more impressive when knowing this is purely based on physical copies, and does not account for digital distribution.
View : : :
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures
Aug 3, 2010, 11:05
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 11:05
Aug 3, 2010, 11:05

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 11:01:
Nope, thats not glamour its called shit, now you need to go and wash your face.
I will, after you wash your mouth.

Aug 3, 2010, 11:03
nin
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 11:03
Aug 3, 2010, 11:03
nin

You mean "you're"?

edit: And more tears, please. I love those!

Aug 3, 2010, 11:01
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 11:01
Aug 3, 2010, 11:01

peteham wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 10:59:
Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 10:24:
Now you see why this game took over 6 years to make it. All that CGI, what what you guys are paying for.
Oh my, the glamour has been lifted from my eyes....

Nope, thats not glamour its called shit, now you need to go and wash your face.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Aug 3, 2010, 10:59
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 10:59
Aug 3, 2010, 10:59

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 10:24:
Now you see why this game took over 6 years to make it. All that CGI, what what you guys are paying for.
Oh my, the glamour has been lifted from my eyes....

Aug 3, 2010, 10:33
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 10:33
Aug 3, 2010, 10:33

yea, joke about it nin, but your one of those brainwashed idiots too. you all fell into Blizzard mindtrap. They have created their own inception on you guys and you all fell for it hook line and sinker!

Starcraft 2, the most over rated and over hyped game of the year. this is the award this game should win.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:31
nin
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 10:31
Aug 3, 2010, 10:31
nin

SC 2 is not the best to come out in a long time, what you guys are all brainwashed over is the CGI. That’s it, that’s what you all paid for. The game play has not changes one single bit. Company of Heroes is ten times better than this piece of shit game.

All you guys got was a shinny car with a new paint job but all the rust still remains under the paint. Blizzard didn’t do a damn thing to reinvent this game. I guess they feared changing it too much would piss many people off. Well no thanks I’m not paying for this abomination of a game. And let’s not get started on the MP part of the game and how much its blows.

Most comical post of the week, hands down.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:26
Dev
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 10:26
Aug 3, 2010, 10:26
Dev

Drezden wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 17:22:
Congratulations on buying 1/3 of a game. Feel free to argue this with your "But there is close to 30 missions" arguements all you want. It doesn't contain all 3 races campaigns like the original did, so it will always be 1/3 of a game to me. Won't pay for that. I'm offended enough by all the inadequate DLC companies are already getting people to pay for, and the inadequate sequels like Modern Warfare 2 that middle america is willing to shell out for at the drop of the name. I miss the days of quality over quantity and money grubbing. Blizzard used to be a company I respected, now they're just another money scheming company under the umbrella that is Activision.
Have you even played it? It DOES contain single player missions from protoss for instance. Its definately not "1/3rd" of a game. It has cinematics before and after every mission (instead of only at start and end of campaign as in SC1). They are important to me, and were important enough to original SC buyers that blizzard even made a higher res DVD of them.
I agree in general about most silly DLC being way overpriced and an excuse to make money. But I don't think thats exactly what blizzard is doing here.

So far I've nearly beat the single player campaign for the first time and there's FAR more content than SC1 in the game.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:24
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 10:24
Aug 3, 2010, 10:24

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 18:08:
Congratulations on buying 1/3 of a game. Feel free to argue this with your "But there is close to 30 missions" arguements all you want. It doesn't contain all 3 races campaigns like the original did, so it will always be 1/3 of a game to me. Won't pay for that. I'm offended enough by all the inadequate DLC companies are already getting people to pay for, and the inadequate sequels like Modern Warfare 2 that middle america is willing to shell out for at the drop of the name. I miss the days of quality over quantity and money grubbing. Blizzard used to be a company I respected, now they're just another money scheming company under the umbrella that is Activision.

It must suck to always look on the negative side. 30 missions that are more unique and smart than every RTS since the original put together and a strong narrative due to concentrating on one race? Nope, it sucks just because before you played all races.

DLC that is actually good and expands on a game you love? Nope, it has to be money grubbing horribleness.

I don't know what to say to you dude. If you like RTS singleplayer SC2 is the best to come out in a looong time, and it's just as long as the original. Games like Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 have some excellent DLC that really expands the game you love if you loved it in the first place.

Keep being mad though, I am sure it gets you somewhere.

SC 2 is not the best to come out in a long time, what you guys are all brainwashed over is the CGI. That’s it, that’s what you all paid for. The game play has not changes one single bit. Company of Heroes is ten times better than this piece of shit game.

All you guys got was a shinny car with a new paint job but all the rust still remains under the paint. Blizzard didn’t do a damn thing to reinvent this game. I guess they feared changing it too much would piss many people off. Well no thanks I’m not paying for this abomination of a game. And let’s not get started on the MP part of the game and how much its blows.

and seriously guys? when did CGI become more important than game play?

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2010, 10:31.

Aug 3, 2010, 06:32
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 06:32
Aug 3, 2010, 06:32

cliffski wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 04:00:
StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 14:46:
Yup. The PC will lead the rise of the indies and small studious because there are no license fees and it's easy to digitally distribute on an open platform. Arguing otherwise is borderline retarded.

The PC is open, steam is not. I know many, many indies that make a living from gaming who games are not on steam, because steam decide not to accept them. The list of games on steam is at the whim of valve, it is not an open service for everyone.

It sucks being the little guy in a world dominated by those with the biggest wads of cash, but I guess thats the price to pay for a "free" market economy....

No one is stopping you from doing your own digital distribution, at least not "directly" but competing with the likes of Steam is borderline ridiculous.

I for one am glad that Starcraft is making these kinds of sales...claims that the PC is dead as a platform are getting kind of lame and boring.
I have a nifty blue line!

Aug 3, 2010, 05:17
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 05:17
Aug 3, 2010, 05:17

Zyr wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 16:59:
Prez wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 13:59:
Bear in mind I've only owned the game for 2 full days, but afaik, yes, you can stay logged out of Bnet. I actually have 2 campaigns going. One, I connect to Bnet as a sort of a test of how the system works. I have a pretty stable connection and still I've lost connection to Bnet 4 times over a span of 8 hours or so. All that happens is a message comes up saying that you will no longer earn achievements and that the game will only save locally. For the other campaign I have never connected to Bnet again beyond the initial activation.

The biggest downside is that once offline, only the guest campaign can be continued. Any game started on Bnet can only be played on Bnet. Just play as a guest (you can have up to 3 campaigns going at once it looks like) all the time and you'll never have a problem.

You're half right. You can actually play your B.Net campaign offline, as you've already noticed when you lost connection mid-game (and to offer a counterpoint, I've put in nearly 20 hours on the campaign and haven't lost connection yet).

All you need to do is check "Remember Account" on the login, it'll save your account credentials. Block SC2 with your firewall/unplug the router/whatever to test it and load up SC2. It'll offer to take you to your offline profile, where all your saves are available.

I've been told by a Blizz employee friend that there is a 30 day timer on being offline. If you don't connect during that time then the campaign is removed. I had originally thought he meant ladder time outs like in D2, but apparently not.

Aug 3, 2010, 04:00
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 04:00
Aug 3, 2010, 04:00

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 14:46:
Yup. The PC will lead the rise of the indies and small studious because there are no license fees and it's easy to digitally distribute on an open platform. Arguing otherwise is borderline retarded.

The PC is open, steam is not. I know many, many indies that make a living from gaming who games are not on steam, because steam decide not to accept them. The list of games on steam is at the whim of valve, it is not an open service for everyone.

Aug 3, 2010, 03:57
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 3, 2010, 03:57
Aug 3, 2010, 03:57

This is very true. Howvere, there jis one interesting development here. There is a big huge mega PC hit game, amd its not being sold through steam.
Steam must hate this. This is evidence that you can have a big hit without even being on steam. Its good news for their competitors, and means more competition for them.
I'm annoyed by this game for many reasons, but mainly because of the lack of demo. People tell me that people who buy the full game can gvie away keys to friends. Thats just dandy, but that is not a freely available, open 'our game rocks, take a look' demo, and I just don't buy games based on hype.

Aug 2, 2010, 22:09
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 22:09
Aug 2, 2010, 22:09

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 20:30:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 19:56:
And sadly every bone within my body tells me that game is going to fail hard -- atleast for the PC gamers hoping for an actual Deus Ex game. I'm seriously not looking forward to this game at all even though I'm one hell of a Deus Ex 1 fanboiii.

..might also have to do with the lack of gameplay footage still.

Even though every preview, including PC Gamer's, says it is surprisingly faithful and awesome?

Hmmz, I admit I haven't read anything new about Deus Ex 3 since I've seen that last CGI trailer and 3 screenshots about a month or 2 ago. It all left me so cold... plus the fact it'll be released for consoles too just annihilates all hope that this game will come anywhere near the awesomeness of the first. I mean... we're talking Deus Ex here :\

Butttt I'll read some previews for a change, although with previews it's often the case that it'd almost seem you've been reading about another game entirely once you've played the game yourself...
Where are the adults?

Aug 2, 2010, 20:30
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 20:30
Aug 2, 2010, 20:30

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 19:56:
And sadly every bone within my body tells me that game is going to fail hard -- atleast for the PC gamers hoping for an actual Deus Ex game. I'm seriously not looking forward to this game at all even though I'm one hell of a Deus Ex 1 fanboiii.

Even though every preview, including PC Gamer's, says it is surprisingly faithful and awesome?

Aug 2, 2010, 20:02
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 20:02
Aug 2, 2010, 20:02

This "1/3" of a game's single player blows the original SC's campaign out of the water. Your loss for not playing a great game because of your own stupidity.

Aug 2, 2010, 19:56
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:56

kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 19:38:
Lord Tea wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 19:29:
Verno wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 18:00:
The 12 year period of anticipation probably didn't hurt either

System Shock 3, where are you?

At least there's Dues Ex 3.

Where are the adults?

Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:56

The important fact missing being that the original game sold like shit in the UK...

Aug 2, 2010, 19:38
Kxmode

Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:38
Aug 2, 2010, 19:38
 Kxmode

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 19:29:

At least there's Dues Ex 3.
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source

Aug 2, 2010, 19:29
Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:29
Aug 2, 2010, 19:29

Aug 2, 2010, 19:16
Kxmode

Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 19:16
Aug 2, 2010, 19:16
 Kxmode

Who in the hell cares?! Either you buy the game and enjoy it, or you go elsewhere. Bitching about it isn't going to change the game.

Negative Nancys... Rolleyes
"Listen, Peter... with great horsepower comes... the sickest drifts..." - source
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older