Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Morning Screenshots

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 31, 2010, 20:30 eRe4s3r

The Difference is that Medieval 2 was highly modifiable - even without official tools, where as Empires is not, Most game elements are hardcoded (like what you can build in the cities where and when).

The main difference is that Medieval 2 was loads of fun because it was epic to see 2000 heavily armored knights in motion or a flurry of burning arrows fly through the night sky - no such thing in Empires. Instead it messes with Sea battles by making them a god damn annoying chore that you have to do because auto resolve (as always) completely sucks

Compared to Rome Medieval 2 with mods was epic awesomesauce, but no mod for Empires make it any less broken, in fact most mods REMOVE gameplay features like sieges (and forts), instead of add new ones...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 28, 2010, 10:32 Burrito of Peace

nutshell42 wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 15:47:
Advocate, if seen posts saying exactly the same fucking things about Rome. I remember how people were up in arms about the time period (booohooo, I never understood that complaint. I hope they continue to come up with a new one at least every second game) about bugs, the AI, performance, complexity, hard to mod, yadda yadda yadda.

The amount of whining is staggering. And it repeats itself for every single fucking game.

Yeah, the game's gonna be full of bugs, the AIs gonna be mediocre and the forums are full of people up in arms because it's not fucking Medieval3.

You know what? Medieval 1 had bugs, bugs, bugs, the AI became only acceptable with medmod, people hated the lack of Shoguns simplicity and, you know what, they were up in arms because it wasn't set in fscking Japan. And attention to detail? The first one had battlefield ninjas!

I grant you the difficulty of modding (otoh they promised mod-tools for every game and never delivered. Call it new found honesty) but otherwise your whole post is the ridiculous whining that plagues PC gaming.

None of which I mentioned at all in my original post. I made no mention of bugs, for example.

However, if you're so incredibly blind as to see that the Total War series has begun to degrade in the quality that made the series' name...then there's not a whole lot to discuss with you.

I guess you see the demise of a once great franchise as "whining". So be it, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

6. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 28, 2010, 04:24 Luther

Where did you read that there definitely won't be any mod tools? Did any of you notice the TW talk at develop by any chance?  

5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 15:47 nutshell42

Advocate, if seen posts saying exactly the same fucking things about Rome. I remember how people were up in arms about the time period (booohooo, I never understood that complaint. I hope they continue to come up with a new one at least every second game) about bugs, the AI, performance, complexity, hard to mod, yadda yadda yadda.

The amount of whining is staggering. And it repeats itself for every single fucking game.

Yeah, the game's gonna be full of bugs, the AIs gonna be mediocre and the forums are full of people up in arms because it's not fucking Medieval3.

You know what? Medieval 1 had bugs, bugs, bugs, the AI became only acceptable with medmod, people hated the lack of Shoguns simplicity and, you know what, they were up in arms because it wasn't set in fscking Japan. And attention to detail? The first one had battlefield ninjas!

I grant you the difficulty of modding (otoh they promised mod-tools for every game and never delivered. Call it new found honesty) but otherwise your whole post is the ridiculous whining that plagues PC gaming.

4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 13:22 Burrito of Peace

Dear CA,

I've been with you since the beginning. I loved every one of your games up until Empire. Then...then you started seeing someone new. They changed you, made you become games that I didn't recognize any more. Your once fine attention to detail began to slip and your unit controls became sloppy. You stopped being fun and started being grinding.

You started getting stuffy and uptight when people asked about mods. You grew irascible when old friends asked about their favorite time periods that you had visited before and if you had thought of returning to them again.

I guess this is goodbye. Maybe you'll go in to rehab and come out a better person. Best of luck to you.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

3. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 13:01 Surf

CA needs to really change this tired as fuck series. I would even go with a different art style, more colored pencil look (toggle to regular if you want).

Also the main map needs to be of a smaller scope with more things to do with assassin units. I would even incorporate some of Microproses Shogun aspects.

2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 11:52 ASeven

CA has announced in an interview you cannot mod this game in any form it seems.  

1. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 10:58 Creston

Please please please please please be as awesome as the first Shogun, without all the needless intricacies of the later titles.

Creston

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >