InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 09:56:
But, I can see how many people see this as an intrusion of privacy and I agree that unless you can choose an alias instead of a real name it isnt a step in the right direction.
Dude, the whole point is that you cannot choose an alias. Why else do you think people are so worked up?
Here to save some time:
- you cannot choose an alias, whatever first and last name you chose when you setup your account are used
- you cannot change this information without telephoning Blizzard who usually require photo ID and such to process name changes on accounts
- If you have any realid friends at all, that information is shared automatically between friends. This is also known as "Friends of Friends" functionality.
- Blizzard claimed this was due to wanting to clean up their forums but their PR department unfortunately didn't get the memo and released information about a big Facebook deal they just signed.
- You cannot post on the battle.net forums without also posting under your RealID. This makes no sense, they could have just limited people to posting under one character on the forums. This includes non-discussion forums like feedback, tech support and etc.
These limitations are probably just the beginning too. It goes this far now, who knows how far tomorrow?
Playing: Elden Ring, HZD: FW, Kingdom Rush series
Watching: Severance, The IT Crowd, The Batman