Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer

Bohemia Interactive shares details on the Takistan Army from ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, introducing the second faction from the military shooter expansion, which is due at the end of this month. Of course all you probably ever need to know about the enemy in a game such as this is that they are the enemy, and this trailer offers a look at the Takistani's in action so you'll know who to shoot. Here's the embedded version.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 09:59 Shataan

Anyone here remember Delta Force 2? Remember how we could adjust our ACOGs and Sniper scopes for bullet drop??? Well apparently BIS has added this much waited for feature to ArrowHead. Definately can`t wait to try this out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 01:44 bfg9000

ohhh these hodgies are gonna get some  

10. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 18:38 Diabolus in Musica

Embedded video! mmmmmmm good!  

9. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 18:36 Joss

Yeah, I wish B.I.S. would hurry up and implement DX11. OP:Arrowhead is looking good!  

8. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 18:05 DangerDog

That playthrough crashes mid-game, lags badly and never concludes the mission though - so it demonstrates perfectly whats wrong with Arma 2 besides the bad dialog ;p

I was half wondering if anyone would watch it to the end

I actually think the crashing has more to do with the ACE mod, I can play for hours on the 7thcav Domination server without any crash, the lag is annoying though, definitely could use better interpolation.

Anyone know if the game is dx 11??

It's still Dx9 only.

7. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 17:55 eRe4s3r

That playthrough crashes mid-game, lags badly and never concludes the mission though - so it demonstrates perfectly whats wrong with Arma 2 besides the bad dialog ;p

But seriously, whats up with the light in that game? Not sure i have ever seen something so flickery and unrealistic ... did they not fix that from Arma 1 ?

6. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 17:28 Shataan

Well, I like the visuals. And the area of deployment. Hope the sp campaigne is interesting this time. Anyone know if the game is dx 11??  

5. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 17:02 DangerDog

This is the one thing Dragon Rising did right so just copy it from that game, don't worry, we won't tell anyone.

Sort of yes and sort of no.

The dialog in Dragon Rising was heavily scripted, when you went into the mission editor and wanted to create new scenarios it became an annoyance trying to fit the pre-recoded dialog to what you wanted to do mission wise. It sounded cool the first time you heard it "We're Oscar Mike" etc, but it is a very restrictive from of communication.

I do wish they would higher better voice actors for their single player scenarios, it ranges from barely acceptable to almost laughable.

If you play missions with all squad members as real players then you remove the annoying scripted dialog almost completely.

You can watch this mission playthrough by Tacticalgamer players.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1644923&postcount=1230

4. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 16:43 Vulkan

I can't wait for 20 more hours of:

"Machine gunner... At... 12... o'clock!"

"Oh no... *In deep voice* 3... *In nasally voice* Is down!"

"Go I'll cover!... Go I'll cover!... Go I'll cover!... Go I'll cover!... Go I'll cover!"

Seriously Bohemia, either do squad chatter right or rip it out of the game. This is the one thing Dragon Rising did right so just copy it from that game, don't worry, we won't tell anyone.

3. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 16:00 ASeven

The Alliance forces trailer also shows more toys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnHdqASLr2c

2. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 15:48 killerpony

Gah, I want new guns / vehicles / features...where's the list of those? Instead I see AKS74, PKMG, T72, etc...all the same old toys I've had forever! A new campaign doesn't excite me a lot unless they actually improved the AI*.

*Not just claim they did.

1. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 10, 2010, 15:42 LittleMe

Don't believe this trailer, the Takistani people are very nice and would never harm anyone!  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >