Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer

Codemasters announces new details about the authentic handling in F1 2010, their upcoming Formula One racing simulation. They also offer a batch of screenshots and the cover art, and a new developer diary trailer discussing handling physics. "The preference has always been to go down the simulation path," says Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer. "You can make a realistic sim easier to play for somebody but it's very difficult to take an arcade handling system and make that appeal to people who prefer simulation handling." The embedded clip follows.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 28, 2010, 21:36 Lit_Reflex001

Ever since Need For Speed 2, I've had a casual interest in these racing games. I don't like arcady physics, however.

Toca 3 was pretty sweet on the old Xbox. I remember loving how the devs allowed the console to be brought to its knees in order to implement the physics involved with monster truck driving.

I'm really unqualified for such an interest, but I really felt Toca 3 implemented a sense of (torque?) unlike any other. When racing in the tracks, the car would seem to rip into it. It really gave a sense of tearing into the track and actually surging forward.

I loved it. And am currently downloading the demo for RaceOn.

It's good to see a company go by the realism route. I hate arcade physics... They're just boring.

I want to slide around that corner like a pro.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2010, 22:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 26, 2010, 20:16 Burrito of Peace

Meh.

Wake me up when these twits get anywhere near close to the realism that SimBin puts in their games.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

4. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 26, 2010, 15:57 Lit_Reflex001

"You can make a realistic sim easier to play for somebody but it's very difficult to take an arcade handling system and make that appeal to people who prefer simulation handling."

Also, the graphics look amazing. Those cars are packing some serious polygon density.

3. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 26, 2010, 15:48 Jay

I'm super excited for it, but damn, everything is so brown.
Reminds me of mid-90's FPSs.

2. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 26, 2010, 15:11 SpectralMeat

If you go to youtube there are tons of new gameplay videos from that recent Codemasters event in Germany I believe it was. Even though the majority of those videos are shaky cam footage the game looks awesome! I love the attention to the details, like when you slide off the road stones and dirt gets stuck into the rubber of your tires and it won't wear off until you hit a corner or something.

If only one tire hit the dirt than only that one stays dirty until the first corner etc. Lots of rainy gameplay footage also. Can't wait for this game, hope the gameplay won't disappoint.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: F1 2010 Simulation Details, Trailer Apr 26, 2010, 10:14 InBlack

Oh WoW! Ever since the excellent GrID Ive been itching for this to happen! Thank you CodemasterS!!!!  

I have a nifty blue line!

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo