Over 25 Million Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling tweets about how many gamers are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: "...annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!" This is followed by a clarification: "That's 25 million unique across all platforms. Most on Xbox 360, then a close 2nd goes to PS3, will millions more on PC."
View : : :

Re: Over 25 Millions Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers
Mar 9, 2010, 03:40
Re: Over 25 Millions Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers Mar 9, 2010, 03:40
Mar 9, 2010, 03:40

After having played FPS games since Doom (which I loved, of course), I am absolutely sick of them. I simply don't care anymore about shooting people/space aliens. I think I must have killed millions of them. No sensory stimulation whatsoever. It feels like work after doing it over and over and over for so many years.

Whats left of the other genres of games are the same as well. If you have played the original C&C or Civilization, you have played every strategy game since. "Mine resources and feed yourself on your own you stupid ai bot!" I want to build cities and whatnot. Not micromanage them. Silly micromanagement = tedious work.

I recently finished Bioshock 1, and hated it. The developers ruined what would have been a game with a somewhat decent story with actual characters(!) by making it an old and busted, mindless, violent shooter.

Havent played MW2.
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 9, 2010Mar 9 2010
   Re: Over 25 Millions Modern Warfare 2 Virtual Soldiers