Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed

Ubisoft confirms their controversial new DRM scheme that requires a constant online connection will be used in Splinter Cell: Conviction, Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic, Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and the new Ghost Recon game, reports Softpedia by way of PC Gamer magazine. They offer a quote from a Ubisoft spokesperson: "It's hard for us to say, yes, from now until the day that we all die all of our games are going to include this but most will." Thanks Shacknews.
View
106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

6. Re: Boycott Ubisoft DRM Titles Feb 26, 2010, 22:09 anyawow

It's not hard for me to say, no, from now until the day that I die all of your games are not going to be purchased by me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 26, 2010, 22:00 Elf Shot The Food

I guess Ubi's decision to release Prince of Persia 2K8 DRM-free didn't go over as well as they had hoped.  

4. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 26, 2010, 21:58 Icewind

They didn't really need to release this tidbit of info, since we all knew it. I think they just threw this out into the internet ether so it would rile up the PC Gamers even more than they already were.

They don't want to make PC games anymore, and it's obvious they are deliberately acting hostile towards us as they prepare to back out of the business.

3. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 26, 2010, 21:56 zirik

ubisoft just lost sale on 4 games from that list. thanks for saving me money.  

2. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 26, 2010, 21:55 Prez

Well, they can count on 4 lost sales because of their absolutely offensive DRM, because from the above list, I was planning on buying Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Silent Hunter 5, and Splinter Cell Conviction. I might have considered the next Ghost Recon but no chance now. So that's $200 for certain and potentially $250 from one single customer they lost.

Yeah, good move Ubi. Frickin' morons.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Boycott Ubisoft DRM Titles Feb 26, 2010, 21:53 eRe4s3r

No text needed  

106 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >