Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release

There's a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 interview on BASHandSlash translating a German conversation with Patrick Bach from Gamestar magazine (thanks Joker961). They ask about a few absent features, with Patrick saying the following about co-op: "One of our game modes is squad deathmatch where four players fights against three other squads. Basically this is a coop mode where one fights against a 'superior' enemy. Kind of an online coop mode. And our focus is the online gaming." Of LAN support he says: "But it might be that we will offer this later." He also indicates the game will definitely not have mod support out of the box: "The player can change settings on the dedicated server but there won't be modding tools included in the retail game. The reason is the same as coop mode. That is, we decided to focus on other aspects because we want to achieve the highest levels of quality possible, rather than a buggy game with average gameplay but with modding possibilities. Theoretically we could still add mod support after release, we just don't know yet. But it's out of the question for the retail version."
View : : :
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support
Feb 22, 2010, 08:45
Verno

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 22, 2010, 08:45
Feb 22, 2010, 08:45
 Verno

No I am not. I think you make a lot of assumptions, that if youwould read the posts and know people around here, I am the LAST person to push CoD.

I don't make any assumptions, I'm going off what you have posted about this game.

Thank you for repeating WHAT I JUST FUCKING SAID!

Uhhh, are you thick in the head or something? I didn't write your reply, you did. You tell me to read then ignore your own posts. Here's what you said genius:

oh forgot to add - I think the "upgrades" for the first 11 levels suck. You are GIVEN something, which is fine, but the stuff given is crap.....why bother giving us stuff if it is less powerful or worthless....I am sure we will get UBER weapons...in a DLC....PAID DLC.

Here's what I said in response:

The upgrades are fine, unlocks aren't meant to be a literal progression, they are giving you options to flesh out each class. You can have an automatic sniper rifle for example instead of the M24. It does less damage but lets you fire 10 rounds off quickly which more suits some peoples style of shooting. Some of the assault stuff is a straight up upgrade. I doubt they will do uber weapons in a DLC, even the preorder bonuses are mostly just level 1-10 unlocks which you can do yourself in a day or two of play.

Those two replies are nothing alike. I disagreed with you on every point. I don't think the unlocks are useless, I don't think they will do uber DLC items and I don't think you are correct in any way, shape or form. Honestly, it looks like you read your own reply and thought I wrote it, LOL.
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Feb 20, 2010, 16:17
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 20, 2010, 16:17
Feb 20, 2010, 16:17

I think you're looking for a CoD title man

No I am not. I think you make a lot of assumptions, that if youwould read the posts and know people around here, I am the LAST person to push CoD.

I doubt they will do uber weapons in a DLC, even the preorder bonuses are mostly just level 1-10 unlocks which you can do yourself in a day or two of play.

Thank you for repeating WHAT I JUST FUCKING SAID!

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
Feb 18, 2010, 08:58
Verno

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 18, 2010, 08:58
Feb 18, 2010, 08:58
 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 19:49:
oh forgot to add - I think the "upgrades" for the first 11 levels suck. You are GIVEN something, which is fine, but the stuff given is crap.....why bother giving us stuff if it is less powerful or worthless....I am sure we will get UBER weapons...in a DLC....PAID DLC.

I still use the first 2 weapons given over the majority of others.....

The upgrades are fine, unlocks aren't meant to be a literal progression, they are giving you options to flesh out each class. You can have an automatic sniper rifle for example instead of the M24. It does less damage but lets you fire 10 rounds off quickly which more suits some peoples style of shooting. Some of the assault stuff is a straight up upgrade. I doubt they will do uber weapons in a DLC, even the preorder bonuses are mostly just level 1-10 unlocks which you can do yourself in a day or two of play.

I think you're looking for a CoD title man (and theres nothing wrong with that). They have a more literal upgrade progression system. BF is more about options - do you want C4 or mortars? Fully or semi-auto sniper rifle? Smoke grenades for moving up to capture an objective with no cover or frag grenades for entrenched enemies? That kind of thing.

Feb 17, 2010, 22:09
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 22:09
Feb 17, 2010, 22:09

Of course ;p the mortar is immensely cool.. but you need to target a tank, and if you see it, he sees you.. locking on takes a while, if anything one needs to coordinate it with other recons.

Personally i can't wait for the final ,p

Feb 17, 2010, 19:49
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 19:49
Feb 17, 2010, 19:49

I still use the first 2 weapons given over the majority of others.....

Feb 17, 2010, 19:47
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 19:47
Feb 17, 2010, 19:47

Anyone know if they nerfed the 1911?
That story about the shotgun to the back and getting shot by a pistol is a classic....happens non stop.
Everyone just walks around with the pistol now.

If they don't fix it, it just becamse a pistol/knife game.
I know they are addressing C4, so that C4 ATV trick will die, hopefully also the overpowered T90 to buildings and MCOM stations.

The point should be "captured" not just blown up in 2 seconds.

Feb 17, 2010, 18:52
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 18:52
Feb 17, 2010, 18:52

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 14:11:
As for lan support, I can't really get upset about it because the entire industry has moved away from lan party functionality sadly.

Well I'm upset. Just because some of the industry has left out LAN support in the last year or two is no excuse! LAN support is one of those features that really catapulted the industry into the mainstream.. and quite frankly, it wouldn't have enjoyed the success it has without it.

Leaving it out is a slap in the face to the hardcore players. In the end, this is about control (probably in the name of piracy) and it pisses me off.

Feb 17, 2010, 18:46
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 18:46
Feb 17, 2010, 18:46

If the leveling and equipment setup was anything like what you're describing then I wouldn't be playing BC2 at all, it drove me crazy in the older BF games.

ok, I'm just pissed that they didn't handle the rewards like they did in BC1. Unless I'm again mistaken you have one choice of a reward when you level, in BC1 you had your choice of certain guns or gadgets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim

Feb 17, 2010, 17:26
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 17:26
Feb 17, 2010, 17:26

And snipers, i hate them and their skills, i haven't got a clue how to hit anything on the camper hill as defender.... Worse if they park the tank up there. The health of the mcom's is supposed to be tripled in the final, i think they also need to triple the health of the buildings, attackers can literally fight a way of long range bombardment and win (if they know how..) ;p)

There is a lot in the game that isn't available in the demo/beta's which changes the game a lot with respect to long range destruction being so easy.

The artillery command massacres tank, the PC version lets you unlock this which isn't available on the console versions and that is basically an easy kill on a tank. Typically there isn't much time to react before a few shells hit the tank and blow it up.

The bits and peices of the game I'm seeing across the 3 platforms look pretty balanced, it's frustrating they don't offer everything in one package because it's easy to get the impression things aren't balanced, but I think it is, you just can't use most of the equipment that brings the balance.

I guess this keeps people thirsty for more...and anxious to buy the game...?

Feb 17, 2010, 16:55
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 16:55
Feb 17, 2010, 16:55

I fully agree, sniping has never been so rewarding, the spotting is a MASSIVE advantage as are the motion detector throws. No spotting means no winning.

To be honest it quite baffles me that spotting wasn't done this way before, its such a massive difference and adds so much more tactical depth to matches, for the first time spotting is vital because players can see the spotted guys directly in their hud - which means they can sometimes blind fire, or throw grenades instead of being killed by running around a corner. Also it MASSIVELY punishes camping and rewards sneaking or good flanking. And most importantly, it allows you to quickly call out enemies in the fray way more efficient than via voice com.

After playing the beta i just can't go back to other team shooters anymore. Nothing beats the atmosphere and war experience in BFBC2 when the 2 teams have both good players and at least 2 good squads the experience is stunning.

And snipers, i hate them and their skills, i haven't got a clue how to hit anything on the camper hill as defender.... Worse if they park the tank up there. The health of the mcom's is supposed to be tripled in the final, i think they also need to triple the health of the buildings, attackers can literally fight a way of long range bombardment and win (if they know how..) ;p)

Feb 17, 2010, 16:24
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 16:24
Feb 17, 2010, 16:24

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 13:50:
In terms of bullet damage it requires more than a Call of Duty game though there is a hardcore server mode for those that want a more realistic experience with that. In your case it sounds like you're more suited to a hardcore server where it's mostly 1-3 hit kills.
I'm very glad they included a hardcore mode. It puts all of my concerns about non-realistic damage to rest. That was one of my biggest issues with BF2, needing 3-6 bullets to kill a guy. I only play COD4 hardcore, so this will hopefully be a parallel transition.
"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

Feb 17, 2010, 15:06
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 15:06
Feb 17, 2010, 15:06

Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version.

We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it.

hah, they canceled it.

no surprise there.

Feb 17, 2010, 15:04
Verno

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 15:04
Feb 17, 2010, 15:04
 Verno

What are you talking about? I hit level 8 out of the beta's 11 limit in 3 days. I unlocked two new guns for each class at that point and more gadgets and other crap that I knew what to do with. It's nothing like the leveling in old BF games which was damned glacial.

If the leveling and equipment setup was anything like what you're describing then I wouldn't be playing BC2 at all, it drove me crazy in the older BF games. You unlock some things by playing that class and other things by leveling up period. Points are so easy to come by that no one should have any problems unlocking things. You can make 3000-5000 in a round by just sitting around spamming Q and occasionally shooting someone.

Poor splash damage on certain vehicle ammunitions, now that sucks and thats something to bitch about. The stupid knife lunge stab animation blows and ends up getting you killed half the time. Infinite sprint just seems too dodgy to me even with the map sizes. Bullet dropoff between weapons is very inconsistent. Snipers can hit targets literally across the entire map if they are good and have line of sight, stuff like that needs work. The leveling system is fine.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2010, 15:09.

Feb 17, 2010, 14:56
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 14:56
Feb 17, 2010, 14:56

I noticed that the equipment upgrades are more like 2142 rather than the previous Bad Company. All I want are NEW gun upgrades and not some shit like a fucking mini-soccer-ball that tells me where the enemy is within a 10 foot radius.

Knowing DICE and their carrot-on-stick upgrades it'll take 8 months @ 19 hours per day to ever reach the end of the leveling.

Thats one aspect about Infinity Ward I liked. They made the possibility of leveling to the top possible in a reasonable amount of time. I played BF2142 and BF2 for 2 years daily and STILL never got everything.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim

Re: Game Reviews
Feb 17, 2010, 14:49
Re: Game Reviews Feb 17, 2010, 14:49
Feb 17, 2010, 14:49

My purchase out of the question, even after release.
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

Feb 17, 2010, 14:34
Verno

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 14:34
Feb 17, 2010, 14:34
 Verno

Did you spray and pray? It's totally ineffective in BC2. Try burst firing or playing on a hardcore server I guess. Could've been lag or many other factors too, the hit detection in this game isn't THAT bad.

Feb 17, 2010, 14:26
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 14:26
Feb 17, 2010, 14:26

Well, last night I was protecting an M-Com on a second floor building, patiently keeping my crosshairs on the staircase. All the sudden an enemy sniper comes up and I unload on his backside with the XM8 assault rifle! My bullets hit the wooden bannister and the pistol-toting sniper who then proceeds to turn around and pump a couple of shots my way. His bullets hit home and down I go.

So, you can imagine the rage I felt with that shit. I totally got the jump on someone from behind, but unloading a full clip didn't do its job.

It's just not tight enough for me. Yeah, maybe I'll try the advanced mode.

Feb 17, 2010, 14:25
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 14:25
Feb 17, 2010, 14:25

#18: Agreed, I was expecting a literal coop play focus too. Bah.

Feb 17, 2010, 14:22
Verno

Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 14:22
Feb 17, 2010, 14:22
 Verno

No the gunner bailed sadly and denied me a 500 point kill

Feb 17, 2010, 14:20
Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support Feb 17, 2010, 14:20
Feb 17, 2010, 14:20

I got my first sniper hit on a helicopter pilot last night and nothing is quite as satisfying as seeing that Apache spiral to the ground.

Ha! Sounds awesome, was the gunner still firing thinking he had a pilot? I need to try this now!
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older