Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details

BioWare announces Mass Effect 2 will be released in North America on January 26 and in Europe on January 29, once again referring to the RPG sequel as part of a trilogy, though Dr. Greg Zeschuk has indicated it could go beyond that. The announcement also mentions pre-order incentives for North America and Europe, outlining specifics about North American bonuses, and offers a screenshot of the Terminus Armor:
In North America, pre-order bonuses* include special-ops armor and weaponry that are designed to boost Commander Shepard’s skills and abilities. At GameStop, Terminus Gear is available with pre-orders, which includes the powerful Terminus Assault Armor and the M-490 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon:

• The Terminus Armor is designed for use in extreme planetary conditions, increasing run speed and personal shields, and augmenting weapons with an additional magazine of reserve ammo.

• The M-90 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon generates a high-powered localized gravity well, accelerating particles to near-infinite mass, and ultimately expanding the selection of heavy weapons available to players when they gear up for combat missions in Mass Effect 2.

Players that pre-order Mass Effect 2 at other retail outlets in North America will receive the potent Inferno Armor, which is used by officers to monitor battlefield conditions by recognizing elevated heart rates, and regulates sub-systems with extreme efficiency to allow for greater response times – together these abilities translate in-game into a negotiation bonus for Commander Shepard and an increase in run speed and augmented damage from combat powers.
View : : :
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order
Oct 16, 2009, 13:41
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Oct 16, 2009, 13:41
Oct 16, 2009, 13:41

As far as I understand it ammo only applies to the heavy weapons, the stuff you can wipe entire groups out with so as to not unbalance the game too much.
<+pihlopase> Jesus Saves
<@jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details
Oct 16, 2009, 13:31
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:31
Oct 16, 2009, 13:31

Lmao Man i totally agree, this pre-order bonus item crap is starting to get beyond annoying. I guess EA figured that if you are hated, do something to get hated more. And now EA has found the ultimate hate source of all. Skullfuckery of pre-order here and get godly uber item ..

Wait for it, soon they will start to release the first half of a game and you get the last half when you pre-order. Probably what EA plans to do for Dragon Age 2.

I wish we had a gamers union .. someone that protects us from retardations of EA's upper management.

Oct 16, 2009, 13:30
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:30
Oct 16, 2009, 13:30

Good points sir, I didn't take many recent games into account.

Have they decided to implement an ammo system in the sequel? I don't remember hearing about this at any point.

Last time I saw an interview they said ammo was in but that was four or five months ago.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2009, 13:31.

Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order
Oct 16, 2009, 13:29
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Oct 16, 2009, 13:29
Oct 16, 2009, 13:29

The Terminus Armor is designed for use in extreme planetary conditions, increasing run speed and personal shields, and augmenting weapons with an additional magazine of reserve ammo.

Have they decided to implement an ammo system in the sequel? I don't remember hearing about this at any point.

Oct 16, 2009, 13:28
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:28
Oct 16, 2009, 13:28

Preorder item bonuses always end up being codes that get leaked to the web anyways. I'll just hit gamefaqs, I'm sure some OCDer will have them all in a text file.

As nice as this would be if it were true. Thats only how Some Games work. For example. There is currently no way to get Juggernaught for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 unless you preordered from gamestop, at which point they sent you an email with a randomly generated code that you had to go to a website to use. Check Gamefaqs, there is no generic Juggernaught Code. Same thing with Brutal Legend released this week, the card they give you at gamestop for the Tenacious D guitar does not have a generic code on it, it has a unique code, this is also a bonus item you will not find on Gamefaqs.

It irritates me to no end that I have to preorder a game just to insure I get everything included anymore. With some games you get lucky and it's just a generic code, but I think Gamestop has caught onto this and is now using more unique codes for bonus items.
-C22

Oct 16, 2009, 13:05
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:05
Oct 16, 2009, 13:05

Companies want to differentiate their version from another stores. Having a "bonus" means you're not just getting the plain ol' vanilla game, however retarded and superficial the bonus may be. People are stupid basically.

Oct 16, 2009, 13:01
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:01
Oct 16, 2009, 13:01

Okay, first of all : Y to the fucking ES!!!

I am so excited for Mass Effect 2, I'm hopping in my chair, which looks silly.

But second, what is up with all this retarded skullfuckery of "pre-order here and get godly item A, while pre-ordering here gets you godly item B?"

Are these items going to be in the game no matter what? Because that blackstorm weapon sounds pretty pimp, but Satan is going to need a fucking parka before I ever set foot in that fucking Gamestop again.

Creston

Oct 16, 2009, 13:00
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 13:00
Oct 16, 2009, 13:00

There used to be a time where you would get bonus items just for buying a game.

Preorder item bonuses always end up being codes that get leaked to the web anyways. I'll just hit gamefaqs, I'm sure some OCDer will have them all in a text file.

Oct 16, 2009, 12:54
Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 12:54
Oct 16, 2009, 12:54

I should probably work on actually finishing the first one before this hits.

Oct 16, 2009, 12:52
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect 2 in January; Pre-order Bonus Details Oct 16, 2009, 12:52
Oct 16, 2009, 12:52
 Kxmode

There used to be a time where you would get bonus items just for buying a game.
"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older