12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
Oct 15, 2009, 09:12
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2009, 09:12
Oct 15, 2009, 09:12

MS is already designing the next XBOX for 2011 and it will work with the Natal (which comes out in later 2010). MS cannot officially announce these things, since it will completely squash current gen sales.

Reading between the lines is easy enough though

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/project-natal-2/

Oct 14, 2009, 16:41
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 16:41

Holy crap, Fist of the North Star is still relevant?

Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 16:41

don't know; Uncharted kind of reminded me of Halo - loved by the supporters of that one system, but is it really that good?

I thought the first game was undeserving of the hype it got, but it had some great characters and was a good start for a new series.

The second one is really something special. This is really how stories should be told in video games; it's got its cutscenes, but it mixes everything into the game well enough that it never takes you out of it. It's like being part of a movie, it's just really well done.

Oct 14, 2009, 13:44
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 13:44
Oct 14, 2009, 13:44
 Verno

I don't know; Uncharted kind of reminded me of Halo - loved by the supporters of that one system, but is it really that good?

I am by no means a supporter of the PS3 Uncharted 1 was good but flawed, I agree with that. It did however have many glimpses of inspiration during the gameplay but never quite tied them all together. UC2 does that and then some, it really is as good as the hype from both the public and press. They improved on every aspect of the first game and outdid themselves.

I understand your skepticism, I am much the same way with major hype titles - for instance Infamous was a big letdown to me. It was fun don't get me wrong but it was full of the samey repetition found in every other open world game. Prototype might have looked worse but it beat Infamous in the fun department.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Oct 14, 2009, 13:30
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 13:30
Oct 14, 2009, 13:30

I don't know; Uncharted kind of reminded me of Halo - loved by the supporters of that one system, but is it really that good?

It isn't a bad game, but...I was expecting a lot more. In all reality, I was expecting to be floored by the PS3's top game and a new generation games.

Instead it was a weird mashing together of Tomb Raider adventure and Gears of War combat. In both cases, it was the weaker version of it - linear; little exploration for secrets or alternate routes; slow, methodical combat; repeated waves of the same enemy; weak weapons; etc.

I really disliked the ending, too. Overall, I don't feel like I accomplished much and heading towards the Nazi/mutant/demon thing just seemed a bit silly.

It was a competent game and I don't dislike it, but I just think it could have been so much more. As it stands, I found myself wanting the adventure of Tomb Raider or the action of Gears of War separately than the combination offered in Uncharted.

The sequel is getting some extremely good reviews, but I can't see myself running out to pay $60 for it right now.
Mind you, I just beat it a week ago, too.
Shrugging,
Ray
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Oct 14, 2009, 13:24
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 13:24
Oct 14, 2009, 13:24

I only heard about Demon's Soul about a couple of days before it was released, knew nothing about it, so didn't pick it up. Now everyone is sold out and nobody seems to know when they will get more.

Would like to get the Deluxe edition for the guide considering how difficult I hear the game is, but again, can't find any copies.

VC, I know you can stack one character, but that takes the fun out of using the squads to fight the battles.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 13:24.

Oct 14, 2009, 12:54
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 12:54
Oct 14, 2009, 12:54
 Verno

My dilemma tonight is whether to continue to plug away on Valkyria Chronicles or play Uncharted 2.

VC gets a little boring towards the end when the goals take forever to do "legit", so instead you end up buffing up Alicia with Orders and doing the whole map in 1-2 turns. Keep playing UC2, it just gets better somehow as the game goes on which was my big complaint with UC1. UC1 starts out awesome but gets very tedious at points and the pacing is a bit off. UC2 corrects all of those problems so it remains kickass fun the entire time. The stealth execution was surprisingly good too.

Also the announcement from Sega that VC2 is for the PSP only took the wind out of my VC sail when I was playing. They didn't market it at all and somehow expected it to sell millions in NA.

Now if I could only remove my head from Demons Souls ass then I could play more UC2 but Demons Souls is just so great

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 12:56.

Oct 14, 2009, 12:53
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 12:53
Oct 14, 2009, 12:53

Uncharted has been my favorite game to date on the PS3. Fantastic title. Looking forward to trying the sequel. Uncharted 2 was on sale at frys for $49.99 the other day, I was really close to buying it but I don't have time to play it right now so I'm going to wait until I do.

Oct 14, 2009, 12:50
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 12:50
Oct 14, 2009, 12:50

While I don't have the time, nor desire to sit and play any game in a single sitting, I played Uncharted 2 for a bit last night, up to the start of the 3rd Chapter. Amazing game!

Girlfriend was sitting on the couch next to me reading...she pretty much stopped reading and watched the game instead.

The first Uncharted was excellent too. Never tried the demo, so not sure what was included in that. It's worth playing and is still better than most games out there. Albeit Uncharted 2 is definitely better in every aspect. It's available for cheap, or just rent it, seeing as you can play and finish these games that quickly.

My dilemma tonight is whether to continue to plug away on Valkyria Chronicles or play Uncharted 2.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 12:52.

Oct 14, 2009, 12:33
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 12:33
Oct 14, 2009, 12:33

Just got done playing Uncharted 2...borrowed it from a friend (whom stayed up all night and day playing it). I must say, wow. It's vast improvement over the first one. Combat is better, hand-to-hand is more fun, the guns actually feel more tactile (hard to explain this one), and it's difficult as hell, but I don't mind playing through certain parts again and again.

I was bitching the other night about the playing the demo for Uncharted 1 and not seeing where all the love was coming from. I think one poster even said something to the effect it was a "poor representation" of the game. Whatever. Demos are suppose to represent their retail release. It's marketing, it's the whole point of a demo. I could rent the game, but I just don't care at this point.

Nice thing is - Uncharted 2 may as well be a standalone game without the added numeric to designate it a sequel. The first story may as well as not happened

Oct 14, 2009, 11:04
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 11:04
Oct 14, 2009, 11:04
 Verno

People can't wait for Larrabee forever, Intel doesn't have the greatest integrated graphics platform history anyways. TV technology isn't going to change drastically in that time period except for panel lighting refreshes, I think consumer exhaustion will set in soon so having the Xbox 720p on the books makes sense. If they don't get a contract soon they'll be late to market and look at how well that worked out for Sony.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 11:06.

Oct 14, 2009, 10:41
Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2009, 10:41
Oct 14, 2009, 10:41

No way Microsoft signs a deal for the 720 now.
Not without having seen Larrabee, let alone where any other GPU will be in the next 4 years.
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older