Out of the Blue

Bryan Singer Up For Another -X-Men (thanks Ant). Sounds promising, but that Superman movie was so meh, it's too bad he didn't just skip that to do X-Men 3 for the betterment of both series.

Super Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Demolition City 2.
Spin the Black Circle 2.
Science: Blasted into space from a giant air gun. Thanks Slashdot.
Weird Science says think green, but don't go green (or slouch).
Media: Black Dynamite (Official Movie Trailer). Thanks space captain.
Jimmy Carr - Gay Owls.
Playground Madness.
The Funnies: Refried - Modern Warfare 2- Deleted Scenes.
ActionTrip Comic Strip: It's Epic Mickey.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 12, 2009, 10:37
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2009, 10:37
Oct 12, 2009, 10:37

I must see Black Dynamite. Rudy Ray Moore would be proud.

OT
Oct 12, 2009, 13:48
OT Oct 12, 2009, 13:48
Oct 12, 2009, 13:48

An off-topic comment, just to see the response:

Did anyone else out there play the new Wolfenstein game? Admittedly, it wasn't anything profound for the genre, but I had the most fun playing it since Half Life 2 and Bioshock. Just wondering ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Re: OT
Oct 12, 2009, 13:52
nin

Re: OT Oct 12, 2009, 13:52
Oct 12, 2009, 13:52
 nin

An off-topic comment, just to see the response:

Did anyone else out there play the new Wolfenstein game? Admittedly, it wasn't anything profound for the genre, but I had the most fun playing it since Half Life 2 and Bioshock. Just wondering ...

I tried the demo, but it didn't do much for me at all...

Then again, I hated the batman demo, and it slowly grew on me and now I'm enjoying the game...

I might pick it up some day for $10 or $20... (edit: Wolf, got Batman on that amazon deal a few weeks ago for $46)

The Brutal Legend demo however, knocked my socks off. Not that it was anything really ground breaking (pretty much standard hack and slash), but the humor, art style, and character animations really won me over.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 13:56.

Oct 12, 2009, 18:38
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2009, 18:38
Oct 12, 2009, 18:38

I guess Uncharted 2 is coming out tomorrow. I never played the first one, so I downloaded the demo and played it. I quit after about fifteen minutes. The combat was boring and the cover system didn't do anything to enhance it, except as an excuse to unload dozens of enemies at the player. The weapons were weak. The parts that are so-often compared to Tomb Raider amount to running down an obviously linear path, sometimes encountering puzzles that were too easy unto themselves. There were cheesy little elements added, like parkor (parkour?) that made me yawn and say "who cares?" Drake was somewhat cool, though. Though from what I hear the story stays pretty good for the first half then pulls an Indigo Prophecy towards the end. Meh.

Maybe I'm just being too critical, but I just didn't have fun with the demo. That's alright, $25 saved

Oct 12, 2009, 23:08
Enahs

Re: OT Oct 12, 2009, 23:08
Oct 12, 2009, 23:08
 Enahs

Wolf 09:
It was a pretty basic FPS shooter with a sorta Crysis Suite type thing (limited super powers). I mean, I enjoyed it. It was just going through killing stuff. Nothing special about the story. Nothing new as far as game-play. It looked good and ran well. It was just good basic fun. Very high quality for what it is. I am not at all disappointed with my purchase. Exactly what I expected.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 23:10.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Oct 13, 2009, 10:44
Re: OT Oct 13, 2009, 10:44
Oct 13, 2009, 10:44

Wolf 09:
It was a pretty basic FPS shooter with a sorta Crysis Suite type thing (limited super powers). I mean, I enjoyed it. It was just going through killing stuff. Nothing special about the story. Nothing new as far as game-play. It looked good and ran well. It was just good basic fun. Very high quality for what it is. I am not at all disappointed with my purchase. Exactly what I expected.

Exactly how I felt. I don't need a game to be a be-all end-all to have fun ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Oct 14, 2009, 12:40
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2009, 12:40
Oct 14, 2009, 12:40

I know how you feel about Uncharted mate, I was not overly impressed with it either for the first half. It's got some hokey plot points, some platform sequences that play themselves and a shooting mechanic that is pretty meh at first, but a lot of fun when mastered. The dude is a lot faster on his feet than Marcus fenix, and at it's best is full of awesome movie magic of the style that cannot be done in FPP. The later weapons are very satisfying, turn your sub up! Everyone should give this a go. At night, on a big LCD/plasma with 7.1 sound on.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer