WRC Announced

Black Bean Games announces WRC, a game based on the FIA World Rally Championship racing series, to be released for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 next year. The announcement doesn't add much detail about the game, as it focuses more on how the rights to the World Rally Championship were secured, though one quote says this "will be the most realistic and playable rally game of all time." Here are a pair of screenshots. Update: Looks like those "screenshots" are actually photos.
View : : :

Re: WRC Announced
Oct 2, 2009, 18:46
Re: WRC Announced Oct 2, 2009, 18:46
Oct 2, 2009, 18:46

Unfortunately, as awesome as that would be, I can't see this game being anywhere near RBR. More often than not, "realistic" means "slightly less arcade-y". They focus on making everything look and sound good and then skimp on the actual driving model. If a dev team would just make something like RBR but include a gamut of options to make it easier for the casual WRC fan then they'd likely please both sides of the market and maybe even convince some people to ramp up the difficulty and really learn about throwing a car around.

Some may roll their eyes at that last part, but there definitely is some skill crossover from the virtual race seat to real life if you have a proper wheel running at 900-degrees (pretty accurate for most sporty cars).

This is one example from a member on the Live For Speed forums:

I don't race about on roads, and specifically booked a track day to learn my car.

I've never pushed it at speed before, so ALL my instinct reactions come entirely from LFS. Particularly how at first I deemed the LX-6 undriveable under any kind of aggression, but then learned to catch it before it went bad.

Probably not a big deal for anyone seasoned, but this is my first track day, and my first time really pushing the car, or any RWD car at high speed.

video

Date
Subject
Author
Oct 2, 2009Oct 2 2009
Oct 2, 2009Oct 2 2009
Oct 2, 2009Oct 2 2009
  Re: WRC Announced
Oct 2, 2009Oct 2 2009
Oct 2, 2009Oct 2 2009
Oct 3, 2009Oct 3 2009