Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Borderlands Screenshot, Movie

Gearbox Software has released a screenshot of the Crimson Lance, "real bad guys" from Borderlands, who are some of the enemies you'll run into after level 15 of Gearbox's upcoming role-playing shooter. Also, there's an new trailer on the YouTube offering episode 2 in their Claptrap Web Series, where their rolling mascot fulfils the life's dream of any actor, as he gets to direct. There's a Q&A with Randy Pitchford about the Crimson Lance on Giant Bomb, and here's a quote about them from Randy to accompany the screenshot:

So, Borderlands is pretty damn huge. How huge? We're talking 60+ hours of questing availalbe to the player in just the first play through. But the thing is, all of those screenshots and trailer footage have just been showing the noobie areas of the game. You havent even met the real bad guys yet in Borderlands; the content past level 15.

What we've been trying really hard to hold things back and not reveal too much and spoil most of the game. Yes, it has been mentioned that Borderlands has other environments in the game like snowy mountain tops and the military installations but we arent showing it! Remember all of those movie trailers you've seen that give away all the best stuff and the whole damn story before you're even at the theater? Yeah, we think that sucks too.

We are just a few short weeks away from release and we want to assure gamers there is way more to Borderlands. A lot more. So to get that point across here is just a tiny little tease.

Meet the Crimson Lance.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 20:01 Paranoid Jack

Too freakin many games within a months time. I know they are competing with each other for our Holiday dollars but this is getting out of hand.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 13:05 ColoradoHoudini

wow that was awesome.

25. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 12:48 BobBob

Will the game run on my laptop? Thinkpad T60 - core duo 2 ghz, 2 gigs ram, ATI X1400.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

24. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 12:39 space captain

How can you say this is a WoW clone?!

wow. Rotfl

Dizzy

Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 11:44 Rhett

How can you say this is a WoW clone?!

It's from a new developer, it's more FPS than RPG, and it's got vehicles with guns. This sounds more entertaining than riding through a landscape with no ability to defend yourself on a ground mount... It was pretty boring riding place to place. Plus you'll be able to (somehow) customize the vehicles. Let's see you ram into people and gib them with your raptor or horse mount. Psshaw!

Then again, there are some things about WoW that it could "fix", like raids... Everything's scaled to how many people are in the game (I imagine most people will play by themselves due to the way loot and character saving is handled, though).

Think of it as an FPS with a refreshing art style and a little extra motive to go out there and kill more bad guys. There aren't many FPS' that reward you with multiple playthroughs anymore.

I personally don't like the skill trees, but I can't imagine the mods that will come out for this game. Anything even remotely close to how complex Diablo 2 got (in terms of mods) would be amazing. I personally want to see a third person mod

22. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 10:11 eRe4s3r

We need more speech impaired voice actors!  

21. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 09:50 nin

So their advertisements are a loud, mouthy robot that bitches at people... Ya... I'll go stand in line right now...

Can you imagine if they got together with the guys that are promoting Dragon Age?

20. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 06:26 The Half Elf

Um... best thing to do in WoW was get all the quests you could at one time, complete them and go turn them all in.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

19. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 06:25 Fibrocyte

I disliked WoW because it seemed to take 30 minutes + just to get from one quest to the next. I have no time for this. Is Boderlands going to be different?

Nope. This is a total WoW-clone.

18. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 02:01 BobBob

I disliked WoW because it seemed to take 30 minutes + just to get from one quest to the next. I have no time for this. Is Boderlands going to be different?  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

17. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 01:49 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought this one was pretty good. Might seem like it's out there until you think about all the times that celebs have totally gone off their nut and then it seems pretty much right on the money. Funny robot. Needs more Steve.

The game is looking good. The more I see of it, the more I think I'm going to be getting it soon after release.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2009, 01:51.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

16. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 01:32 LIQUID-SEX

I don't really care for the cell shading but I like the humor and the fps/rp game style. Just not sure if I'm going to buy it if there is no way to disable the Sudoku-like spewing coming from the characters anytime they take or give damage. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it a FPS IMO.

15. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 01:01 Wag

[url=]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/claptrap-behind-borderlands/56814[/url]

It's up on Gametrailers in HD for anyone who cares.

14. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 00:23 space captain

they are obviously trying very hard to be funny, and imo way too hard.. the dialog doesnt really gel - going from "who do i fucking have to suck off" to "thank goodness" and so forth.. the whole thing seems contrived, rather than genuinely humorous

the first episode had a couple funny moments.. imho this one was just lame

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 26, 2009, 00:07 eunichron

I wish more companies would put their previews up on YouTube. YouTube HQ is decent enough quality, and I don't have to spend time downloading shit, worrying about codecs, and all that crap.

Honestly I never even thought about this game before I watched these trailers, but it was entertaining enough that I just spent some time digging into it, and I think I'll give it a shot at release.

12. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 25, 2009, 23:22 The Half Elf

Well I just noticed (again) that Claptrap now moves his 'eye' where he didn't in the first video.

And what I mean is he sounds quite a bit like the droid in Star Tours had I not known who did the voicework.

As for the game, it looks different, and I'm enjoying the promotions, but will probably wait for reviews and a price drop first.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 25, 2009, 23:15 theyarecomingforyou

I really don't like what they've done with the videos - they're very cliched and, quite frankly, irritating. However, even though I'm not a great fan of the art direction the screenshot looks pretty damn good. I'm going to need a demo, though that seems unlikely given the scope of the game.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2009, 23:16.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

10. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 25, 2009, 23:08 Prez

That was f****NG hilarious! I love the look of the cel shading - it seems so much more vibrant than other cel shading I've seen.

Oh, and when did Youtube become such a no-no for trailers? Man, keeping up with what's hip and what is not is getting to be too hard in my old age...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 25, 2009, 23:04 Tumbler

LMAO, those videos were awesome. (Episode 1 & 2) I am impressed they put all that work into these promotional videos, very impressive and effective marketing. Can't wait to play this game!  

8. Re: Borderlands Screenshot, Movie Sep 25, 2009, 23:00 Alamar

So their advertisements are a loud, mouthy robot that bitches at people... Ya... I'll go stand in line right now...

-Alamar

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo