Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed

Diplomacy is the title of the second "mini-expansion" for Sins of a Solar Empire, which will be unveiled to the assembled fans and press at Penny Arcade Expo 2009, which runs from September 4-6, 2009. More details should be expected at that time, but for now a blog post by Brad Wardell outlines PAX plans that include showing off Diplomacy, their upcoming Elemental, and new stuff being added to Demigod. Thanks Big Download.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed
Aug 19, 2009, 13:10
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 19, 2009, 13:10
Aug 19, 2009, 13:10

I love Sins, but I am waiting for all the mini additions to be complete, and will buy the "platinum edition" at retail.
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

Aug 19, 2009, 06:04
S2M
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 19, 2009, 06:04
Aug 19, 2009, 06:04
S2M

Disappointing expansion.

I would prefer an new alien race. I have a great idea!

One involving a super tough ancient race that everyone thought was extinct coming back hell bent on revenge and the other races have to put aside their difference and unite to face the new threat or die.
The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

Aug 18, 2009, 20:51
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 18, 2009, 20:51
Aug 18, 2009, 20:51

I love Sins and have played it a crazy amount, but I too have to question the logic behind this particular micro-expansion. It is hard to imagine that it will be nearly as neat as Entrenchment was, or 'game-changing' as the first micro. Also, Sins has been out for a year and a half, and these micros have taken a lot longer to product, beta, publish, and bug fix than they were originally supposed to have. Wouldn't Ironclad and Stardock have been better off kicking into the production of Sins II rather than these micros as soon as they stabilized Sins I? They would be half way done by now!

Demigod rocks, and it is another title I played obsessively for a couple of months. Haven't touched it since, or been all that interested in doing so. I would like to see an expansion with more playable demi's, but more important I would like to see more maps! Some new creep types might also be cool.

Aug 18, 2009, 14:45
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 18, 2009, 14:45
Aug 18, 2009, 14:45

I never understood the lack of a campaign either. They already spent the time giving their factions some lore and distinct voices, might as well go the extra mile and throw in a proper campaign.

Aug 18, 2009, 14:17
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 18, 2009, 14:17
Aug 18, 2009, 14:17

This new add-on to me sounds stupid, what are they going to have us do in mp make alliances with each other until there no one left to fight. Oh gee that’s a lot of fun... Why are they concentration on this type of crap when the game needs a newer badass race? Makes no sense what’s so ever.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2009, 14:18.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Aug 18, 2009, 13:28
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy Revealed Aug 18, 2009, 13:28
Aug 18, 2009, 13:28

It'd be nice if Sins ever got a campaign, but I guess that's too much to hope for. I get bored playing skirmishes.

That said, I'm VERY excited about Elemental, which might be the closest thing to Master of Magic since... Master of Magic, which is still one of the most awesome games ever made.

As for Demigod... :-shrug-:

Creston
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older