10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
Jul 21, 2009, 11:54
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2009, 11:54
Jul 21, 2009, 11:54
 Verno

Another PS3-hating rant by Verno... what a surprise.

Sup Z9000's parachute account. I have zero hatred for Sony, they are a company, not some nemesis or buddy. They are making mistakes which I criticize them for. If they would start changing then I would be supportive. You know little about me if you think I give a shit what I game on. At the end of the day the system you buy doesn't matter beyond what games you can play on it and the user experience.

If you spent 20 minutes in the PSN store looking for game-specific DLC and demos and still could not find them, you are a retard.

Regardless of what you think of him, the XBL store is about 10x easier to navigate nonetheless. Sony would do well to produce something similar, it's a benefit to their customers and themselves as well. People buy more stuff when it's easier to find things in the store.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2009, 12:07.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Jul 21, 2009, 08:59
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2009, 08:59
Jul 21, 2009, 08:59

I spent roughly 20 mins trying to find specific DLC for the game in my brother in law's collection along with demos.

If you spent 20 minutes in the PSN store looking for game-specific DLC and demos and still could not find them, you are a retard.

The left column on the main page->Demos
The left column on the main page->Add-ons
You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Jul 20, 2009, 18:27
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 18:27
Jul 20, 2009, 18:27

I have to agree with Verno, Sony never has been able to make a GOOD FRIENDLY INTERFACE, and the PS3 as a whole is a sign of that. Include their online store (which is a mess to navigate especially when compared to what Xbox Live/Microsoft offers), I spent roughly 20 mins trying to find specific DLC for the game in my brother in law's collection along with demos.

Home may be a great idea for Sony/PS3 but they need to scale it back to the interface instead (as Verno mentioned) free furniture.

Jul 20, 2009, 15:47
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 15:47
Jul 20, 2009, 15:47

Another PS3-hating rant by Verno... what a surprise.

Jul 20, 2009, 15:28
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 15:28
Jul 20, 2009, 15:28
 Verno

Consumers don't like Home, Sony doesn't need free furniture, it needs to ditch the concept or drastically change it to something people actually like. Last report had over 70% of Home users never returning to use it after a single visit. XBL works well because the entire system from start to finish is a cohesive experience with a consistent interface. Sony needs to replicate that before they start making virtual lazyboys. Sony has a competitor that is charging money and yet people still choose it more often than not. They need to look at the WHY and fix that instead of incrementally adding features to Home which people never warmed up to in the first place.

The strength of a company is it's ability to fluidly change with the marketplace. Sony needs more time spent on projects that could pan out in the future instead of ones that have flopped. Sony did a lot of great things with the PS2 but multiplayer was never one of them, they're coming from a background lacking experience here to be fair.

Jul 20, 2009, 15:15
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 15:15
Jul 20, 2009, 15:15

Perhaps PlayStation Blog is a better place to vent your annoyances however none of your complaints are issues at all for me. I don't care what trophies random strangers have unlocked. And you can *easily* see and compare trophies (achievements) of anyone on your friends list just but clicking on them and then "compare trophies". In terms of anyone in your current online game you can hit the XMB button and goto your friends list then "recent players met" and find anyone on the server on there and compare them too. Also within PS Home anyone you are near you can select and compare in the same way.

In terms of games unlocking more things in Home, I'm pretty sure they are working on that. Right now they unlock clothing and rooms to goto (I have both inFamous and Killzone 2 clothing just from playing the games), but I'm sure there will be more in the future. I don't know I barely ever use Home anyway.

Sony has stated they are working on some more significant enhancements for the 3.0 firmware due out eventually (as 2.8 just came out a couple weeks ago) so we'll see.

Jul 20, 2009, 15:07
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 15:07
Jul 20, 2009, 15:07

Sony confuses me. I picked up my PS3 for $336 total from that Sony Style Store deal. ($150 credit when you buy the $399 80 GB system plus extra controller) I ended up paying $336 out of pocket and now i have a $50 negative balance on the card.) Pretty good price in my opinion.

But the System is a puzzle. I see the potential to be a lot better if they'd just tie things together better. The biggest thing I notice is that the "gamer profile" on the 360 is not part of the PS3 experience. There is nothing that ties your time spent on the PS3 together. You get trophies but there isn't a system to easily bring those up and compare them with other or see what others have done. For that matter I don't think there is a friends system the way live handles it where when your system comes online you can see several other people online.

But the biggest jaw dropping thing I see happening is what they are doing with Home. Home seems like the perfect tool to try and link the above thing together into one place and have something similar to an online presence for your game trophies. And I see them adding game related items to put in your house thingy but they cost money...Home should be free...but in order to really use it, ie buy things to make your little space look interesting or put clothes on you that you might really wear, you have to spend money...

It would make Sony a lot more competitive if they dropped this approach and started asking developers to design customer furniture and items to be used in that little space. So when you unlock trophies it might unlock a chair or a statue you can use in your little room. When you beat the game it might unlock a banner or a badge or something to hang on the wall. Something to show off your "achievements". As small and stupid as the achievements are on the 360 they represent something that I want to see in my games now. And sony's trophy system isn't doing it for me. I want somewhere that collects all the games I've played so I can see them. And there is no better place for that than home.

Jul 20, 2009, 14:06
Verno

Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 14:06
Jul 20, 2009, 14:06
 Verno

How about universal 1080p upscaling Sony?

Jul 20, 2009, 12:44
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 12:44
Jul 20, 2009, 12:44

is "'Splosion Man" a game about Michael Bay?

Jul 20, 2009, 12:41
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2009, 12:41
Jul 20, 2009, 12:41

Umm wha? PS3's 2.80 came out weeks ago, it was a minor update.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older