PC Alan Wake up to MS

BrightFalls.net has a follow-up to Remedy Entertainment's Markus Maki's recent no comment on the status of a PC edition of Alan Wake. Markus specifically said: "Unfortunately all I can say at this point is that we're focusing all our efforts on the 360 version and will be making comments in regards to the PC at a later in time." Reading between the lines suggests that this decision rests in the hands of the publisher, and the statement they received indicates that Microsoft is indeed the decider when it comes to bringing the psychological thriller to Windows:
Thank you for your continued interest in Alan Wake. It is accurate that we are currently working exclusively on the Xbox360 version of Alan Wake. PC plans are currently open, and therefore it’s safe to say that at least a simultaneous launch with the Xbox version will not happen at this late stage. Remedy has a deep heritage in PC gaming and would love to see a PC version available to its PC followers, ultimately however this decision lies with our publisher.
View : : :
126 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ] Older

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS
Jul 22, 2009, 08:51
Verno

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 22, 2009, 08:51
Jul 22, 2009, 08:51
 Verno

Oh ok we all said we bought our games on an internet forum, problem solved fellas.
Playing: Risk of Rain 2, Jedi Fallen Order, Last of Us II
Watching: Tenet, Peninsula, The Pale Door

Jul 21, 2009, 19:00
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 21, 2009, 19:00
Jul 21, 2009, 19:00

Caveman--

That's a little harsh, man. I've bought every single game in my library, via steam or at the store.

^Drag0n^
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

Jul 20, 2009, 10:08
Verno

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 20, 2009, 10:08
Jul 20, 2009, 10:08
 Verno

If you can't even be trusted to support the platform itself, why would they think anyone else would be different? You won't even pay for the thing driving all of the software on your system, what makes you think they'd trust you to purchase games? Don't get me wrong, I pirate like a mofo too but I don't get upset at MS when they take action to interrupt my piracy bonanza.

Jul 18, 2009, 14:58
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 18, 2009, 14:58
Jul 18, 2009, 14:58

When you won't even pay for their operating system, why should MS support the PC market?

Because I'm not the only PC gamer in existence? Microsoft's actions don't only screw me, they screw all PC gamers including the ones who have supported Microsoft since day one. Seems like my argument remains perfectly valid, sorry to disappoint you.

Jul 18, 2009, 13:59
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 18, 2009, 13:59
Jul 18, 2009, 13:59

I'm actually kind of glad PC gamers don't get the game, they are probably some of the worst consumers(the ones who pay that is) out there. Besides, half you assholes would've pirated the thing anyway.

Jul 18, 2009, 10:09
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 18, 2009, 10:09
Jul 18, 2009, 10:09

When you won't even pay for their operating system, why should MS support the PC market? You just invalidated your own arguments handily, thanks for taking the bait.

Jul 18, 2009, 02:36
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 18, 2009, 02:36
Jul 18, 2009, 02:36

You have absolutely no right to lecture other people on your opinion when you steal shit.

Sigh. Do I really have to link the numerous posts where you openly admit to and even gloat about being a pirate? This would be the 4th time and I was hoping that you would have learned by now.

You claim Microsoft is screwing everything over, yet you're the one essentially screwing thousands of people by illegally downloading Windows.

You do realize that the vast majority of Microsoft's Windows profits come from businesses, right? I'm pretty sure thousands of people aren't getting screwed because I didn't pay for Windows. However, I do know that thousands of PC gamers have been getting screwed on a regular basis by Microsoft.

You have NO RIGHT to complain about a company, when all you do is steal their software, so FUCK OFF.

Technically, I do have a right. It's called Free Speech, the same right that lets you criticize me for being a pirate when you yourself are a self-professed pirate. Like I said before, if MS wasn't screwing PC gaming, I'd be much more inclined to support them. As a PC gamer, I unfortunately have no choice but to use Windows. However, I do have a choice on whether or not to support Microsoft and until they get their act together, they won't see a penny from me.

You're the same type of person who complains about DRM even though they pirate every single game out there.

I don't pirate every game out there, just most. I then buy the ones I like. If a game has DRM, I won't buy it until I can get it for $20 or less (as I did with Bioshock, Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge). The benefit to this general approach is that I can easily figure out which games will hold my interest. If a game manages that, I buy it. If I get bored of a game after an hour, then no purchase. Consider it a demo if that makes you feel better.

Jul 18, 2009, 00:29
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 18, 2009, 00:29
Jul 18, 2009, 00:29

So you just admitted to pirating all their OSes, but you still complain? Where the fuck do you get this audacity you little prick? You have absolutely no right to lecture other people on your opinion when you steal shit. You claim Microsoft is screwing everything over, yet you're the one essentially screwing thousands of people by illegally downloading Windows. You have NO RIGHT to complain about a company, when all you do is steal their software, so FUCK OFF. You have this sense of entitlement. You're the same type of person who complains about DRM even though they pirate every single game out there. I hope your ass gets arrested and sued with a good kick in the balls too.

Where are scumbags like you you raised from?

Jul 17, 2009, 22:53
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 22:53
Jul 17, 2009, 22:53

If you don't have a valid point to make, I don't see any reason to continue here.

If you knew you were going to disagree with me, why did you even start?

I'm sorry facing reality is so difficult for you. My opinion does not matter nor does yours.

That's not the problem here. The problem is people telling other people to shut up because their opinions don't matter. None of our opinions matter, as I've repeatedly stated throughout the course of this thread. The difference is that my arguments don't consist of telling people to stop sharing their opinions. I welcome all opinions and will question the ones that are dubious. If you don't like this, then you should make sure your points are valid and irrefutable.

If Microsoft is so evil, what does that make you for supporting them? You are actively contributing to the Xbox360.

I don't think Microsoft is evil. I just don't like them. Also, how am I supporting Microsoft? I never paid for Windows and I haven't purchased a Microsoft product in a long, long time. Microsoft doesn't see a penny from my Windows usage. If Microsoft ever decides to stop screwing PC gaming, I'll consider buying their next OS. I do buy games developed for Windows but thankfully, Microsoft doesn't get any royalties from these. That's why they want everybody to game on 360.

If all they do is buy up PC gaming companies and turn them into Xbox properties then the logical step forward is to not support those actions.

And the best way to do that is to not buy Xbox games.

Jul 17, 2009, 21:55
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 21:55
Jul 17, 2009, 21:55

There is no big plan. I'm not trying to change anything. I'm just sharing my opinion. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. But if you try to challenge my opinion or discount its validity, you shouldn't be surprised when I defend it. That's how these long debates get started and you are hardly blameless.

If you don't have a valid point to make, I don't see any reason to continue here.

No more obnoxious than telling people that their opinions don't matter and that nobody cares.

I'm sorry facing reality is so difficult for you. My opinion does not matter nor does yours. Microsoft will ultimately decide what happens to Alan Wake and they have not announced anything yet.

Here's some food for thought. If Microsoft is so evil, what does that make you for supporting them? You are actively contributing to the Xbox360. Yeah you heard me. You should really put your money where your mouth is and stop running Windows. You are after all supporting the company that makes the Xbox by doing so. A PC is a pile of hardware, not an operating system. Thus you are not supporting PC gaming, you are actually doing it harm. If all they do is buy up PC gaming companies and turn them into Xbox properties then the logical step forward is to not support those actions. You and I are just as guilty as every console user, developer and publisher out there for feeding the beast.

Something tells me you aren't quite as principled as you would have us believe though. I'm sure you'll come up with some way to absolve yourself of this by claiming you are doing the greater good but the reality is that you are happy to take Microsoft where it's convenient and decry them where it's not.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2009, 21:56.

Jul 17, 2009, 21:24
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 21:24
Jul 17, 2009, 21:24

lol while you tools are busy whining and crying about your little conspiracies about Microsoft trying to ruin PC gaming and trying to 1up while arguing about god know's what, I will be playing this on my Xbox.

Jul 17, 2009, 20:32
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 20:32
Jul 17, 2009, 20:32

So what was your big plan? I am curious. Did you think to change everything by repeating yourself fifty times in separate topics?

There is no big plan. I'm not trying to change anything. I'm just sharing my opinion. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. But if you try to challenge my opinion or discount its validity, you shouldn't be surprised when I defend it. That's how these long debates get started and you are hardly blameless.

Do you not see how that is obnoxious?

No more obnoxious than telling people that their opinions don't matter and that nobody cares.

You don't concede, you never agree and you simply exist to antagonize.

You should reread this thread. I've conceded on several points. Hell, do a search for "I agree" and you'll find it in many of my posts.

I have yet to see you appear in a topic on this forum that did not devolve into a disaster.

You should read more topics. Check my post history, if you like. The only recent threads that have devolved into lengthy arguments are the ones involved you, Vern and/or Beamer as well.

You can continue to single Beamer, Verno or I out but going through your post history I see you in it with half the users on the forum.

I've certainly had debates with others in the past. Dagok, PHJF, theyarecomingforyou, Masa, etc. Haven't had any for a while though. These days, it's mainly Vern, though you and Beamer are often involved as well. I don't know how long you've been visiting this site but there have many, many huge debates in which I was not involved. Valve and Steam are popular debate topics, though the Monkey Island remake threads have been getting some attention as well.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not a big part of many debates. I have strong opinions and if I disagree with someone, I'll be sure to explain why. However, you guys really need to accept that you're just as stubborn as I am and that most of these debates only could have happened with your participation. Prez and theyarecomingforyou are generally fair and reasonable posters. You, Vern and Beamer... not so much.

Jul 17, 2009, 18:48
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 18:48
Jul 17, 2009, 18:48

As long as it's a manly hug and not some lover's embrace.

Jul 17, 2009, 18:32
Prez

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 18:32
Jul 17, 2009, 18:32
 Prez

Group hug!!!!! Love2

No? Ok then. Lipsrsealed
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 17, 2009, 18:26
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 18:26
Jul 17, 2009, 18:26

That's all well and good but the fact remains that they wouldn't even have that choice if Microsoft didn't make it available to them.

So what was your big plan? I am curious. Did you think to change everything by repeating yourself fifty times in separate topics? Do you not see how that is obnoxious?

Here's how it actually goes: I present an opinion, someone (usually you, Vern or Beamer) try to refute my points, I refute your refutations, you try to refute mine, rinse and repeat. None of us are willing to concede and accept the other's opinions. It's not like you guys say "Oh, ok. I don't necessarily agree with all your points but I understand and respect your opinion." If that were the case, we wouldn't be having these lengthy debates. What's worse is that as these debates go on and you realize you can't change my opinion, you start resorting to insults, condescension or simply telling me to shut up.

You don't concede, you never agree and you simply exist to antagonize. I have yet to see you appear in a topic on this forum that did not devolve into a disaster. If you were genuinely interested in discussion instead of ramrodding your opinion down everyone's throats then perhaps people wouldn't be tired of it. You can continue to single Beamer, Verno or I out but going through your post history I see you in it with half the users on the forum.

Jul 17, 2009, 17:49
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 17:49
Jul 17, 2009, 17:49

The only problem with your dialogue is that I have stated repeatedly that developers and publishers are partially to blame as well. However, as I've also stated repeatedly, if Microsoft didn't make the exclusivity offers in the first place, publishers and developers wouldn't be able to accept them. All parties take the blame but Microsoft takes the most. You can say "But they had a choice! They didn't have to choose Microsoft!" That's all well and good but the fact remains that they wouldn't even have that choice if Microsoft didn't make it available to them. If I pay a hitman to kill somebody, do I hold any responsibility for the murder? Of course. Had I not hired the hitman, the murder wouldn't have happened. Both parties are responsible but I hold the greater responsibility as the catalyst for the ensuing events.

If someone presents an argument to me, I will consider it and form my opinion from there.

Here's how it actually goes: I present an opinion, someone (usually you, Vern or Beamer) try to refute my points, I refute your refutations, you try to refute mine, rinse and repeat. None of us are willing to concede and accept the other's opinions. It's not like you guys say "Oh, ok. I don't necessarily agree with all your points but I understand and respect your opinion." If that were the case, we wouldn't be having these lengthy debates. What's worse is that as these debates go on and you realize you can't change my opinion, you start resorting to insults, condescension or simply telling me to shut up.

Jul 17, 2009, 17:06
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 17:06
Jul 17, 2009, 17:06

My take:

Jerykk - Microsoft is screwing us
People - Yep
Jerykk - They are killing PC gaming!
People - Nope
Jerykk - But but look!
People - PC gaming is alive and well without Microsoft.
Jerykk - But but look at this evidence!
People - So why aren't whining about the developers too?
Jerykk - *avoids answering*
People - Nifty double standard there.
Jerykk - I dont have to approve, I am allowed to voice my opinion!!
People - That's nice but maybe you could stop turning every thread into shit?

You've said 50 times and we heard you. There is really nothing left to be said on the topic. People will either care or they won't, I can assure they will just feel antagonized when you try to force your opinions on them. If someone presents an argument to me, I will consider it and form my opinion from there. If they continually harass an entire forum I will definitely be questioning why it's so important and how truthful their intentions really are.

In terms of your interests, you're a gamer. Go game.

Jul 17, 2009, 16:59
Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 16:59
Jul 17, 2009, 16:59

Uhhhh yes there is, you approach a situation without having previously formed an opinion on it.

Once you form an opinion, you're no longer objective. That's why it's called an opinion. You're only objective when you don't have an opinion.

You went ahead and made up sales figures in this thread but I suspect to you they are "facts" just because you decided they are.

I created one sales estimate for CoD4 PC and explicitly stated that it was an estimate, not a fact. It was a reasonable estimate, given that the original numbers were provided by the NPD for 2007 and didn't account for worldwide and digital sales.

People like Beamer and whoever comment on it because they are probably sick of seeing you turn every thread into high school debate club.

Debates can't exist without the participation of two or more people. You can blame me all you like but if you didn't constantly provide me with fallacious claims to debunk, there would be no debates.

To recap:

Jerykk: Microsoft is purposely killing PC gaming, they stole Alan Wake from the PC.
crowd: Alan Wake was never a PC exclusive.
Jerykk: I NEVER SAID IT WAS....even though I heavily implied it
crowd: ...
Jerykk: Microsoft is evil!!!
crowd: What about the developers?
Jerykk: *mumble mumble* Microsoft only cares about its consoles!
crowd: this is news to you?
Jerykk: well uhh ENSEMBLE!!!
crowd: move on with your life child.
Jerykk: I dun wanna!
crowd: Maybe a better idea is to move on and start thinking about the future.
Jerykk: Noooo!

Haha, that's great. Here, let me try it:

Jerykk: Microsoft has a history of harming the PC in order to promote the Xbox. Here are the facts that support this claim.
Vern: LOL, what a load of bullshit. Microsoft hasn't hurt PC gaming at all.
Jerykk: Did you actually read any of the facts? Can you refute any of them.
Vern: Whatever. It's business, get over it.
Jerykk: Just because it's business doesn't mean I should accept it. When my favorite hobby suffers because of Microsoft, I have every reason not to approve of their actions.
Vern: LOL, you douche, it's not a fucking conspiracy. They aren't out to kill you. Stop crying and get over it.
Jerykk: Intentions are pretty irrelevant here. Intentionally or not, they're hurting my interests and I don't appreciate that.
Vern: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, IT'S JUST BUSINESS.
Jerykk: Again, how is that relevant to my interests? As a gamer, I don't really care about Microsoft's profit margins.
Vern: BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL SO THAT MAKES IT RIGHT!!!!
Jerykk: Sigh.
Vern: I'm so sick of you complaining about Microsoft and consoles. Your whining isn't going to change anything so shut up.
Jerykk: Kinda like your whining isn't going to change my opinion? I agree that my posts aren't going to change the industry but surely you realize that your posts aren't going to change me?
Vern: I'm going to keep bitching about anyone that disagrees with me. I'm neutral and objective though so it's okay.
Jerykk: Sure, buddy, you go ahead and do that.

Microsoft hasn't even announced anything yet on the subject of Alan Wake by the way which is the really amusing part. If they do allow it to be ported to the PC I'd like to see you actually post and apologize but that's asking for miracles.

If Microsoft does release Alan Wake for the PC, I will be happy. It won't change all the other bad things they've done to the PC but it will at least give me some hope that they've changed.

Jul 17, 2009, 08:55
Verno

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 08:55
Jul 17, 2009, 08:55
 Verno

There's no such thing as an objective opinion. If it's objective, it's a fact.

Uhhhh yes there is, you approach a situation without having previously formed an opinion on it. I have yet to ever hear you utter the words "Good point" or "I agree with you" on these forums. Facts by the way are not objective, they are interpretative. You went ahead and made up sales figures in this thread but I suspect to you they are "facts" just because you decided they are. That's why you will always be arguing instead of interacting or discussing things on these forums.

People like Beamer and whoever comment on it because they are probably sick of seeing you turn every thread into high school debate club. Me, I think it's funny and I am just as happy to do it either way.

To recap:

Jerykk: Microsoft is purposely killing PC gaming, they stole Alan Wake from the PC.
crowd: Alan Wake was never a PC exclusive.
Jerykk: I NEVER SAID IT WAS....even though I heavily implied it
crowd: ...
Jerykk: Microsoft is evil!!!
crowd: What about the developers?
Jerykk: *mumble mumble* Microsoft only cares about its consoles!
crowd: this is news to you?
Jerykk: well uhh ENSEMBLE!!!
crowd: move on with your life child.
Jerykk: I dun wanna!
crowd: Maybe a better idea is to move on and start thinking about the future.
Jerykk: Noooo!

Microsoft hasn't even announced anything yet on the subject of Alan Wake by the way which is the really amusing part. If they do allow it to be ported to the PC I'd like to see you actually post and apologize but that's asking for miracles.

Jul 17, 2009, 01:36
Prez

Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 17, 2009, 01:36
Jul 17, 2009, 01:36
 Prez

Easy, an objective opinion and a solid argument will always sway me. You don't see either of those things from Jerykk.

Actually, Jerykk and I have argued about some things that I have come to agree with him now. What your post illustrates is that you are like most people in that you are biased to the point that any conflicting viewpoint inherently lacks credibility and validity in your mind. Don't take that as an insult; I'm the same way. If you take the passion, the frustration, the anger, what have you, out of the equation, occasionally you can at least see the logic in someone's viewpoint without necessarily agreeing with their conclusion. At least that's what I've come to discover.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
126 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ] Older