Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed

An Update on Anthem from the Development Team on Reddit offers a state-of-the-game, reporting what BioWare has learned in the 10 weeks since the game's release. The announce the release of the version 1.1.0 patch for the action/RPG, giving an overview and pointing to this post for further details. They also say they are going to pump the brakes on some of their plans for new ACT 1 features. They say they have delivered many of these already, but they plan to step back on working on the core game before producing more new features and content. Here's a bit:

Act 1 Calendar
While we have delivered many of the Act 1 features on time, we are not going to hit all the goals on our Act 1 Calendar.

We have been prioritizing things like bug fixes, stability and game flow over the new features of Act 1. We set aside time for this work, but the reality is there are more things to fix and improve than we planned for. While this is the best thing to do for the game, it means some items from the calendar will be delayed.

Features delayed:

• Mastery System
  • Guilds
  • Legendary Missions Phase II
  • Weekly Stronghold Challenge
  • Leaderboards
  • Some Freeplay Events
  • Cataclysm

We want to make sure everything we add to the game has a purpose and fits with our long term goals. When we have information to share on the items above, we will do so.

Cataclysm
The Cataclysm is an important addition to the game and its currently a big focus for the team. The Cataclysm will bring new challenges and rewards and pushes the story of Anthem forward. As our work continues, we will share more with you in May.

Loot
We have heard your concerns around end game loot. We agree that our loot and progression systems need to be improved and we are working towards this. When we have more information to share, we will.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 25, 2019, 09:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 20:27:
Red886 wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 09:11:
wtf? no wonder the managers are being called out as being useless...

to save a dying game is to pump resources and speed up updates and releases of content , NOT DELAY IT.

The team was already in crunch mode for over a year, to the point that multiple developers we're having mental breakdowns. Then there's the resource fallacy: 9 women can't make a baby in one month.

I like that resource fallacy is actually pretty poignant and also a good way to explain why statistics that take any average often do not paint a realistic picture even if the data is accurate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 20:27 jdreyer

Red886 wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 09:11:

to save a dying game is to pump resources and speed up updates and releases of content , NOT DELAY IT.

The team was already in crunch mode for over a year, to the point that multiple developers we're having mental breakdowns. Then there's the resource fallacy: 9 women can't make a baby in one month.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 14:04 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 03:30:
Come back in a year, I guess.

Why? D2 will be in year 3, and hopefully they continue their strong showings like they did with Forsaken. Division 2 will be year 2 by that point assuming they don't stick their dick into the pudding again and BL 3 will be working towards it's first DLC in a year. God only knows what other looter-shooters out there are going to be in the pipeline or out by that point.

The flying was messy but kind of fun in the open beta but that's not enough to get me into the game. After reading the deconstruction of the game a few weeks back I'm even more convinced that the kinds of world building that would make Anthem interesting just aren't possible in Frostbite.

22. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 12:07 HorrorScope

Kain wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 10:34:
Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 08:51:
Kain wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 06:58:
It will be interesting to see if they get the same degree of forgiveness that the NMS team has garnered once they actually ship the promised game in 24 months.

That's a good point.

It's an interesting logical disconnect I've noticed here. People are being told by other users to forgive Sean Murray because he...finally delivered the game he was supposed to in the first place. Fair enough. We'll see if those same users hold a similar opinion with this and other games down the line. Bookmarked

I would. I'm all for the game on it's own speaking for itself. I hope it makes a turnaround, it's a fun mechanic. I'm hopeful FO76 does to and from the looks of it, there is a chance over there, updates have been pretty good there. As said the issue is will EA stick with it? Some already feel they've pulled the plug long-term for Anthem now, we'll see. Bottom line the product on it's own, leave out the side noise speaks for itself. Fwiw I don't care if people forgive Sean or not, what I think is fair is to recognize they've done a ton of post release support, which was good to see. Yeah if you are one that felt burned and bought right away... mirror. The signs were most definitely there and you could have waited a few days to see for certain.

21. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 11:01 Carcifier

This is what happens when you give companies money for products that are not finished. "Early access" is a huge mistake, just like "pre-ordering" is. As long as the money keeps coming in before the product is finished, it never will be. There is no incentive.

You want a finished game? Don't buy it unless it's finished. Otherwise enjoy being an Alpha tester, along with pissing your money away.

No longer do we buy "quality" games, we hope for ones that are just completed.

20. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 10:34 Kain

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 08:51:
It will be interesting to see if they get the same degree of forgiveness that the NMS team has garnered once they actually ship the promised game in 24 months.

That's a good point.

It's an interesting logical disconnect I've noticed here. People are being told by other users to forgive Sean Murray because he...finally delivered the game he was supposed to in the first place. Fair enough. We'll see if those same users hold a similar opinion with this and other games down the line. Bookmarked

19. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 09:40 VoodooV

Even if this game didn't suck. I'm of the general opinion that EA needs to be destroyed so I simply won't be buying any of their games...ever. Bioware doesn't exist, EA killed them.  

18. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 09:27 Angrius Maximis

This game is absolute garbage and the funny fanboys are in denial.

Total trash

17. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 09:11 Red886

16. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 08:51 Creston

That's a good point.

15. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 08:01 Asmodai

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 20:36:
There are a few good things:

1) Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!

2) Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.

3) Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.

These are good things.

No, they are basic quality of life "no brainers" that only imbeciles or incompetents would leave out...

Everything on the delayed list is everything that actually sparks any interest.

14. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 07:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hopefully they get their shit together before then, but EA will most likely cut the funding and pull the plug on this game, possibly even Bioware, before they get to 'finish' Anthem.

13. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 06:58 Kain

12. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 04:47 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2019, 03:30:
Come back in a year, I guess.

To see the servers getting shut down and the game as a service stop being served?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

11. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 03:30 jdreyer

Dwarf-Snowninja wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 19:12:
I get that loot in these kind of games needs balancing and whatnot but when its also one of (if not the?) major aspect of the game... it seems kind of foolish how they just won't capitulate and put in a better loot system and actual interesting loot drops instead of everyone chasing the +damage items.

Granted I know it's far more difficult than just adding items in, but the amount of good well-thought out feedback they've been given... SMH. I wanted to enjoy this game, I really did, but its just too bland and empty, among a whole host of other issues.

It's a chocolate chip cookie, they just haven't added the chips or the sugar yet, or finished baking it. Come back in a year, I guess.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 00:32 RedEye9

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 21:33:
Is this the patch the tempts me to buy it at $4.99?
You can buy a galaxy fold with the money you saved.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

9. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 23, 2019, 21:33 Steele Johnson

Is this the patch the tempts me to buy it at $4.99?  

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." - Dave Chappelle

8. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 23, 2019, 21:24 eRe4s3r

At least they now officially admitted it was an early access release. Haha  

7. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 23, 2019, 21:16 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 20:36:
There are a few good things:

1) Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!

2) Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.

3) Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.

These are good things. I expect a patch in a month or two to say "Removed Fort Tarsis", since it's fucking terrible and NOBODY wants to actually go there for anything. Cities in Final Fantasy II were better than this 'living world' of theirs.

They are, but another thing that happened today was the stream and they troll their own customers, pretty much across the board it was a disaster. Also tons of buffs like the last patch, but when you went into the field after the last patch (I haven't played in weeks) you felt weaker, so they only want to tell you the good stuff, they nerfed a lot then. So what did they not tell us this time?

6. Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 23, 2019, 21:05 TheEmissary

I hope before they unlock the raids that they add a character stat sheet. Currently its next to impossible to figure out your damage output. The game doesn't really explain how the combo system works as well.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo