Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Legal Briefs

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2019, 07:46  Blue 

TorchMaster wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:56:
I'm guessing/hoping that posts 3 & 4 were removed because they quoted post 2... which is the only way that I get to 'appreciate' the author of post 2's innumerable fine contributions.

Indeed, most of the deletions in this thread were because they quoted the couple of posts that were removed for cause.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: removed Apr 23, 2019, 06:30 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 21:24:
I know your politics. We've debated. Like Prez, you can have a good, heated discussion where both sides are maybe irked but respect the other participant and laughing together in a separate thread 30 seconds later..

Indeed and that is because we, for lack of a better word, attack the position stated and not the person.

In my view, attacking a person is a sign of weakness and a giant character flaw. It shows an inability to say "I was wrong and I concede your point, even if I do not like it." I appreciate and enjoy the fact that you and I can wildly disagree on a topic (say...home automation ) yet still enjoy ourselves elsewhere.

Simon Says wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 23:13:
Aye, thankfully, they're still a minority, altho lately they've been spawning like mushrooms in humid turd. Altho I guess they're just getting out of the proverbial closet after Drumpf got elected down south and mini-Drumpf ( Doug Ford ) got elected in Ontario. Not new, just emboldened and more vocal.

Yet I think the difference is that, in my experience, Canadians are less likely to be tolerant of such stupidity. Though Toronto kept Rob Ford around longer than he should have so maybe it's just a really long bad joke.

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2019, 04:22 tanith

I really wonder what was in those original posts and why this escalated.  

20. removed Apr 23, 2019, 03:38 jdreyer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 23, 2019, 07:41.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 23:13 Simon Says

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 20:54:
I'm very pleased to say that I know many Canadians, Mrs. Burrito among them, and I am also very pleased that none of them think or behave as you do.

Aye, thankfully, they're still a minority, altho lately they've been spawning like mushrooms in humid turd. Altho I guess they're just getting out of the proverbial closet after Drumpf got elected down south and mini-Drumpf ( Doug Ford ) got elected in Ontario. Not new, just emboldened and more vocal.

Social networks haven't helped either. We thought it would help people communicate and come to understandings, it seems it only helps to polarize and radicalize.

I'd rather discuss in person than online nowadays, especially politics and co. And heck, even I have been guilty of a little poop slinging here and there. Internet communication seems too impersonal, you don't feel like you're discussing with a human, just a dehumanized opinion.

Dehumanizing in person is much less common. Wherehas online it's just rampant.

Strange times...

18. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 21:24 Beamer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 20:54:
You are utterly adorable in the same way that a kitten trying to cover shit on a tile floor is adorable. The effort is completely futile and there is still shit but damn is that kitten trying in earnest...just like you.

The thing is, Cutter, you can't stand the heat. You pop in, threadshit, and then vanish whenever literally anyone calls you on your statements. You regularly make ad hominem attacks, like this one right here, and you spew some of the most ignorant stupidity this site has ever seen without a single verifiable fact, an actual fact that can be checked and verified, in evidence.

You have no idea what my politics are and you never will, if only because you elected to make up your mind in the most binary fashion possible what the world is and is not. I cannot recall a single time when you have contributed positively to this site in any meaningful way.

As a side note, you use "liberal" as a pejorative which is laughably ironic given that you are a Canadian, one of the most liberal countries in the Western Hemisphere. That is akin to a Republican using "conservative" as an insult. I'm very pleased to say that I know many Canadians, Mrs. Burrito among them, and I am also very pleased that none of them think or behave as you do.

I know your politics. We've debated. Like Prez, you can have a good, heated discussion where both sides are maybe irked but respect the other participant and laughing together in a separate thread 30 seconds later..

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 21:23 Beamer

As I said, the biggest whiner is always the one accusing others of being a snowflake. No one is ever as offended by life as Cutter.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. removed Apr 22, 2019, 21:04 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 23, 2019, 07:40.

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

15. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 20:54 Burrito of Peace

You are utterly adorable in the same way that a kitten trying to cover shit on a tile floor is adorable. The effort is completely futile and there is still shit but damn is that kitten trying in earnest...just like you.

The thing is, Cutter, you can't stand the heat. You pop in, threadshit, and then vanish whenever literally anyone calls you on your statements. You regularly make ad hominem attacks, like this one right here, and you spew some of the most ignorant stupidity this site has ever seen without a single verifiable fact, an actual fact that can be checked and verified, in evidence.

You have no idea what my politics are and you never will, if only because you elected to make up your mind in the most binary fashion possible what the world is and is not. I cannot recall a single time when you have contributed positively to this site in any meaningful way.

As a side note, you use "liberal" as a pejorative which is laughably ironic given that you are a Canadian, one of the most liberal countries in the Western Hemisphere. That is akin to a Republican using "conservative" as an insult. I'm very pleased to say that I know many Canadians, Mrs. Burrito among them, and I am also very pleased that none of them think or behave as you do.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 19:53 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 19:48:
Blue, wtf do you even post articles like this when you know they're going to provoke a response? Are you just trolling or what? Your liberal leanings and censorship do nothing to change REALITY.

There is not even a political aspect to that story man, what are you on about?

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 19:48 Cutter

Blue, wtf do you even post articles like this when you know they're going to provoke a response? Are you just trolling or what? Your liberal leanings and censorship do nothing to change REALITY.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

12. removed Apr 22, 2019, 19:46 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 23, 2019, 07:34.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

11. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 16:17 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 15:17:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 11:26:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 22, 2019, 15:16.
It was worth it.

It was and I cheerfully accept the removal. I have no qualms about calling some nutter ignorant and stupid.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 16:17 jdreyer

Ah, okay, this is the sentencing from the case that happened back in 2017.

At first I was like: Wait, again?!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 15:56 TorchMaster

I'm guessing/hoping that posts 3 & 4 were removed because they quoted post 2... which is the only way that I get to 'appreciate' the author of post 2's innumerable fine contributions.  

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 15:23 Mr. Tact

Hmm... didn't think there was anything in those posts worthy of deletion. Yeah, there was some stupidity but that is common enough. *shrug*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: removed Apr 22, 2019, 15:17 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 11:26:
* REMOVED *
It was worth it.

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 14:56 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 11:07:
Does anyone know what this guy means?
Took me a minute just to figure out BLM was Black Lives Matter, the first thing which came to mind for me was the Bureau of Land Management.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2019, 14:53 TorchMaster

Put him on ignore. I cannot fathom why Blue doesn't ban this guy. Supporting the free speech of a minority opinion is one thing, but has this guy EVER made a meaningful contribution? His is nothing but unceasing idiotic negativity.  

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

4. removed Apr 22, 2019, 11:26 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo