Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

Ubisoft announces they are donating €500,000 to help with the restoration and reconstruction of Notre-Dame de Paris following the fire that destroyed part of the famed cathedral. They are also offering gamers the chance to experience the virtual version of the structure they created by giving away free copies of Assassin's Creed Unity for PC on this page. Here's the deal:

As the smoke clears on the events that unfolded on Monday at the Notre-Dame de Paris, we stand in solidarité with our fellow Parisians and everyone around the world moved by the devastation the fire caused. Notre-Dame is an integral part of Paris, a city to which we are deeply connected. Seeing the monument in peril like this affected us all.

In light of Monday's events, we will be donating €500,000 to help with the restoration and reconstruction of the Cathedral. We encourage all of you who are interested to donate as well. In addition, we want to give everyone the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of Notre-Dame the best way we know how. For one week, we will be giving Assassin's Creed Unity away free on PC, for anyone who wants to enjoy it. You can download it now for Uplay PC here: http://assassinscreed.com/unity-notredame/

When we created Assassin's Creed Unity, we developed an even closer connection with this incredible city and its landmarks – one of the most notable elements of the game was the extraordinary recreation of Notre-Dame.

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 18:54 RedEye9

Ben & Jerry's Makes Blazing Statement on 4/20 Calls Out White Privilege
boom

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 14:21 Mr. Tact

I would say it was tragic that Trump won't live long enough to know how badly he will be remembered by history. But I'm sure even if he did, he wouldn't acknowledge it. He would tell another complete lie and follow it up with, "I know more about history than anyone."  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

54. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 13:52 JohnnyRotten

MrBone wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 06:39:
Trump Derangement Syndrome is on full display here. The cathedral will be restored like it or not. Irrationally hatred can lead to mental instability. Have a good day.

Throwing words together into a phrase doesn't make it a real thing. People can have rational objections to an irrational person, in fact, I would propose that a normal person would do so as a rule and that would be a signal of mental stability, not the other away around.

I'd give someone a pass for an odd-ball or simply foolish idea if it was the exception in their normal behavior. I'd guess most people have some similar level of allowance. However, that ship has sailed (jumped the shark, crossed the Rubicon, etc.) here. We have a person who regularly proclaims himself as the qualified foremost authority on almost every major topic of importance, but generally doesn't show even the simplest understanding of that topic.

So when a person with his established track record of foolishness steps in the shit yet again, a discussion about his continuing unfitness in the office that he serves is not a syndrome, irrational, or hate. It's simply a logical outcome.

FYI, here's an abbreviated list of Trump claiming himself as the foremost SME. These are just the one's in recent times:

Agriculture. Qualified foremost authority: Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue.

"You know more about agriculture than any human being that I've ever spoken to," Trump said of Perdue at an event in Georgia last October.

Bin Laden, Osama. One of the foremost authorities: Donald Trump.

In an interview with Breitbart radio in November 2015, Trump claimed authority on the terrorist leader.

“I was against the war in Iraq, okay? And I was right about it,” Trump said, untruthfully. “You also know I predicted that Osama bin Laden was coming to the United States, because I knew a lot about it, and I know more about it than most, believe me, and I’ve been given credit for it.”

Booker, Cory. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Presuming that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is the de facto expert on himself, anyone who knows more than Booker would assume that title. And so:

If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2016
Borders. Qualified foremost authority: Former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly.

“You know more about borders, I think, than anybody,” Trump said to Kelly at a meeting in May.

Borders. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

That according to former Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio who, Trump claimed in July 2016, once gave him that praise.

"I just want you to know that I'm endorsing you because you know more about this stuff than anybody," Arpaio told Trump, according to Trump. "You know more about this stuff than people doing it for 25 years. You get it."

Campaign contributions. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“I know more about contributions than anybody,” he said in an ABC News interview during the campaign.

Courts. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

"I know more about courts than any human being on earth. Okay?" he claimed at a rally in Texas in November 2015.

Debt. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows more about debt than I do,” Trump said in an interview in 2016.

Drones. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

As above.

Facebook, power of. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

At a rally in South Carolina, Trump said: “I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?”

Guns. Qualified foremost authorities: Trump’s sons Eric and Donald Jr.

Trump made this bold claim at a National Rifle Association convention.

“I’ve been a member for a long time, and my boys are members, and they’re much better shooters than I am, I’ll tell you,” he said. “They know more about guns than any — I don’t know, there may be two or three people in this room, but believe it or not, not many.”

H-1B and H-2B Visas. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows the system better than me,” Trump said during a debate. “I know the H-1B. I know the H-2B. Nobody knows it better than me.”

Infrastructure. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Another claim from the campaign trail in 2016: “Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump.”

Law. Foremost authorities: Police chiefs.

Speaking to leaders at a convention of the Major Cities Chiefs Association, Trump declared that “you know more about law than anybody, law enforcement.”

Left, the political. Qualified foremost authority: Donald Trump.

"I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody," Trump said at a campaign event in November 2016.

Money. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“I understand money better than anybody,” Trump said in defense of low fundraising totals in mid-2016.

NAFTA. Foremost authorities: People in Maine.

“You people know more about NAFTA than anybody, okay?” he said during a campaign event in that state in March 2016. “Anybody. 'Cause you know how you were stripped with NAFTA, which was a disaster.”

Nuclear, horror of. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Donald Trump: "There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me"

— Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) June 15, 2016
People who get good TV ratings. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The TODAY Show should call me about who to put on the show— I know more about people who get ratings than anyone.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 26, 2012
Politicians. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

A rally in March 2016, Trump claimed to “know more about politicians than anybody.”

Renewables. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Speaking to Fox News’s Sean Hannity in 2016, Trump said, “[L]ook, I know more about renewables than any human being on earth because I understand it from — you know, from ..." The transcript for the conversation then reads “[INAUDIBLE].”

Security. Foremost authorities: Police chiefs.

Also at the Major Cities Chiefs Association convention, Trump defended his ban on migration from heavily Muslim countries by telling the audience that it “was done, very importantly, for security — something you people know more about than all of us.”

Shale. Foremost authorities: Pennsylvanians.

“[Y]ou know more about shale than anybody, right here in Pennsylvania,” Trump told an audience at an event in that state shortly before the 2016 election. He was referring to energy production from hydraulic fracturing, a shift that drove a huge spike in production in Texas, Oklahoma and North Dakota.

Steelworkers. Foremost authority among politicians: Donald Trump.

At a rally in New Hampshire in 2016, Trump was direct.

“I know more about steelworkers than anybody that’s ever run for office,” Trump claimed.

Taxes. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

In an interview with the New York Times in 2017, Trump claimed expertise on this subject.

“I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A.,” he asserted. He went on to modestly claim that he knew “the details of health care better than most.”

Tax reform. Foremost authorities: Business leaders who attended a White House meeting on the subject in October 2017.

“You are leaders of this country and certainly leaders on this subject, and you know more about it than anybody,” Trump said to the group that included the heads of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Wholesale-Distributors and the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council.

Technology overall. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The Democrats are trying to belittle the concept of a Wall, calling it old fashioned. The fact is there is nothing else’s that will work, and that has been true for thousands of years. It’s like the wheel, there is nothing better. I know tech better than anyone, & technology.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2018
Trade. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows more about trade than me,” Trump said at that rally in March 2016. (He was comparing himself with Mitt Romney.)

Wall Street bankers. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Trump spoke with former NBC host Matt Lauer on the “Today” show in 2016. Lauer said, “You’re a guy who said you know the Wall Street bankers better than anyone.”

“Better than anyone,” Trump agreed.

Wedges. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The context, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal last year, was if North Korea was attempting to drive a wedge between the United States and South Korea.

“I know more about wedges than any human being that’s ever lived,” Trump said, “but I’ll let you know.”

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)

TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)

ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)

Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)

Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)

Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)

Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."

The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)

Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)

The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)

Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)

Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)

Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)

Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)

Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)

Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."

Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)

Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)

The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)

Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)

Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)

Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

53. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 13:35 JohnnyRotten

Beamer wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 11:58:
I'd really hope that the "leader of the free world" has more sense than the overwhelming majority of people, and is smart enough to understand that a metric ton of water weighs a metric ton.

... and to pile on, that metric ton would have been released at some interesting rates of horizontal and vertical speed. Gravity being the bitch it is, would have ended up piling onto to that and would add a significant amount of newtons to the net force result of the water and the church colliding.

Also: This was the guy that proposed raking forests to prevent forest fires, and then double, tripled, and quadrupled down on that stupidity. Not the brightest...

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2019, 13:53.

52. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 18:50 Beamer

Leper wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 16:49:
Again, no other leader does this. He's not a layman, he's the President of the United States. He just needs to act like it.

He really doesn't; he's proven that he's allowed to say anything and do just about anything and he'll still have support and get votes. In fact, his base loves it when he pisses off rational people. It got him elected, so why would he stop now, when pissing off what is perceived as "the left" might be the only thing that gets him re-elected?

I was ready to be angry at your first 10 words, but instead, I'm just very sad.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

51. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 16:52 Mr. Tact

Sadly, you are exactly right, Leper.  

50. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 16:49 Leper

Again, no other leader does this. He's not a layman, he's the President of the United States. He just needs to act like it.

He really doesn't; he's proven that he's allowed to say anything and do just about anything and he'll still have support and get votes. In fact, his base loves it when he pisses off rational people. It got him elected, so why would he stop now, when pissing off what is perceived as "the left" might be the only thing that gets him re-elected?

49. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 16:39 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 15:53:
Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 11:55:
Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 08:29:
Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 22:59:
And there also firefighter helicopters that carry a lot less water and are a lot more accurate. So it's a fair assumption for a layman.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a clip of it that I can find easily. Top Gear USA did a fun little test where they had a fire-fighting helicopter drop water on 3 of their beater cars, and without any velocity it crushed the SHIT out of those cars.

Here's a clip where they just do a bulldozer's worth of water on a car and you can see the damage it causes from no height whatsoever. Dropping that on xhundred year old walls is just not a good idea.

And none of that changes the fact that the overwhelming majority of people wouldn't know that ERGO it's a FAIR ASSUMPTION.

The majority of people realize that they don't know and maybe they shouldn't be bleating on twitler how firefighters should DO THEIR FUCKING JOB BETTER?

Trump knows everything and is never wrong.

Remember he knows better than the Generals. Better than the IT experts. Better than climate scientists.
It'd make your head spin how smart he is.

48. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 15:53 Creston

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 11:55:
And there also firefighter helicopters that carry a lot less water and are a lot more accurate. So it's a fair assumption for a layman.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a clip of it that I can find easily. Top Gear USA did a fun little test where they had a fire-fighting helicopter drop water on 3 of their beater cars, and without any velocity it crushed the SHIT out of those cars.

Here's a clip where they just do a bulldozer's worth of water on a car and you can see the damage it causes from no height whatsoever. Dropping that on xhundred year old walls is just not a good idea.

And none of that changes the fact that the overwhelming majority of people wouldn't know that ERGO it's a FAIR ASSUMPTION.

The majority of people realize that they don't know and maybe they shouldn't be bleating on twitler how firefighters should DO THEIR FUCKING JOB BETTER?

47. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 14:16 Flatline

MUGWUMP wrote on Apr 17, 2019, 19:02:
Awesome closed minded progressive response.

Maybe we should be focused on people ponying up 1 billion dollars in 24 hours to rebuild a fucking church instead of putting that cash into something productive. How much can 1 billion buy in renewable energy research?

How about the delusion that this masterpiece that was constructed over more than 100 years can be rebuilt in 5 years.

I understand it has massive historical significance, but our priorities are messed up.

Trump is an asshole can't you guys get over that? The world isn't burning. The US economy isn't in freefall. We're not trying to wage war in every corner of the globe. NK and Iran aren't lobbing missiles over their neighbors every other month. Why do you all obsess over the man?

*shrugs* in 2017 we dropped 80 billion a year on the military for no particular reason in a bipartisan spending orgy. I don't remember you freaking out over that.

46. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:42 Jivaro

Somehow, without ever playing a single AC game or paying a single dollar for one....I have all of them except Black Flag on Ubisoft's launcher. Well, except the first one, which I have on Steam from a bundle, so I guess I did give up some minimal amount of money for that one. I know the 3 Chronicles games and Rogue were a customer service door prize for a Heroes VII screw up. No idea how I have gone about getting the others. Giveaways etc I guess.  

45. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:32 Beamer

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 12:25:
I'd really hope that the "leader of the free world" has more sense than the overwhelming majority of people, and is smart enough to understand that a metric ton of water weighs a metric ton.

Do we really assume that the Chief Monkey has any idea what a metric ton is or how to convert from imperial to metric?

That said, it is silly how the media blew this out of proportion again. Trump literally said "Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out.".

People are acting like he demanded they water-bomb the living shit out of the place.
Well, he didn't. Last time I checked "perhaps" meant about the same as "maybe" so it was only a very tentative idea of a layman. He also didn't say load up the water-bomber to the brim or drop the whole load in one go. Maybe he was under the assumption that any extinguishing agent could be dropped in safe quantities in several passes.

I haven't seen much coverage, other than "why the hell is he giving any kind of solution here? Why does he think they need his advice?"

-------------

44. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:29 Armengar

1 litre weighs 1 kg. Just drop a kg on your car from 100m. Now try 3000 litres.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

43. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:25 CJ_Parker

Do we really assume that the Chief Monkey has any idea what a metric ton is or how to convert from imperial to metric?

That said, it is silly how the media blew this out of proportion again. Trump literally said "Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out.".

People are acting like he demanded they water-bomb the living shit out of the place.
Well, he didn't. Last time I checked "perhaps" meant about the same as "maybe" so it was only a very tentative idea of a layman. He also didn't say load up the water-bomber to the brim or drop the whole load in one go. Maybe he was under the assumption that any extinguishing agent could be dropped in safe quantities in several passes.

42. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 12:09 RedEye9

Why does the blatantly obvious need to be repeatedly stated.

As for your hope, that won't happen until the current occupant of the White House is gone. sigh

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

41. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 11:58 Beamer

-------------

40. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 11:55 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

39. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 10:55 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:33:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:27:
Well, that's something. I thought "Orange Julius" was fitting because well, the Orange is obvious. But the Julius comes from Julius Caesar because he sounds and acts like a dictator/tyrant/narcissistic egomaniac...
You do know there is a retail outlet called "Orange Julius", right? Just sayin', makes it an easy jump to make.

Of course. Who doesn't know about them? Good drinks, by the way. Obviously, their brand name was the foundation.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

38. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 10:33 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 10:27:
Well, that's something. I thought "Orange Julius" was fitting because well, the Orange is obvious. But the Julius comes from Julius Caesar because he sounds and acts like a dictator/tyrant/narcissistic egomaniac...
You do know there is a retail outlet called "Orange Julius", right? Just sayin', makes it an easy jump to make.

37. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 18, 2019, 10:27 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 08:58:
Slick wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 02:08:
How in the fuck have i never heard that one before? That's way better than the Dorito in Cheese.
It is on every list, number #11 here in this list of 15 dotus names.
I like Angry Creamsicle.

Well, that's something. I thought "Orange Julius" was fitting because well, the Orange is obvious. But the Julius comes from Julius Caesar because he sounds and acts like a dictator/tyrant/narcissistic egomaniac (which is what most dictators and tyrants are). Non-political observation. Purely about his personality and persona.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo