Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing

GeForce Website now offers new version 425.31 WHQL-certified Windows drivers for NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, saying these are game ready for the Anno 1800 open beta, which is expected to launch tomorrow. These are also the first drivers with the recently announced support for DXR ray tracing on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and higher GPUs. The release is accompanied by three NVIDIA RTX technology demos, which are supported by the new drivers. Here's word:

Game Ready For Anno 1800
The first city-building Anno game, Anno 1602, launched 20 years ago in its native Germany. On April 16th this year, Anno 1800 will return to the franchise’s historical roots, tasking players with building a productive Industrial Revolution society.

Starting April 12th, you can take an Anno 1800 Open Beta for a spin, letting you sample several hours of content from the full game. The event ends April 14th, and Open Beta pre-loads are available now on UPlay to maximize your play time.

To ensure the best possible experience in both the Open Beta and complete game, download and install our new Game Ready Driver.

DXR Ray Tracing Now Also Available On Select GeForce GTX GPUs
With the release of our new Game Ready Driver, owners of GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and higher GPUs can now enable DXR ray tracing to test drive basic ray tracing effects in supported games and experiences.

Performance will vary depending on your specific GPU, so head over to our comprehensive ray tracing article to learn more.

Game Ready For NVIDIA RTX Tech Demos
Alongside today’s driver, we’ve released three NVIDIA RTX technology demos, enabling you to sample DLSS and a variety of ray-traced effects in Atomic Heart, Justice, and the Reflections real-time cinematic.

For download links and further info, check out our RTX Tech Demo article.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2019, 14:33 Kxmode

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 12, 2019, 07:36:
I thought this entire post was humorous. Fact is that a RTX 2060 can't effectively do ray tracing with it built on the chip let alone doing it through software.

At this point in time, ray tracing is merely a gimmick. If you buy a card just for ray tracing you have mental issues.

I agree with your points up to the "you have mental issue." A person deciding to buy a video card for a feature you believe doesn't live up to the hype of what it is doesn't have a mental issue. That's merely a poor decision.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 12, 2019, 07:50 personman145

I'm gonna wait till they have a geforce RTX 2260 or so. Something midrange that can do decent raytracing and doesn't cost a fortune.

Ok, maybe a 2160. I have a hard time waiting too long.

18. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 12, 2019, 07:48 Kain

RTX skeptic here but even with the massive performance hit on my 1080ti, holy shit it looks amazing. I assumed it was just some minor lighting differences based on static screenshots but its actually night and day seeing it in motion.  

17. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 12, 2019, 07:36 Ozmodan

I thought this entire post was humorous. Fact is that a RTX 2060 can't effectively do ray tracing with it built on the chip let alone doing it through software.

At this point in time, ray tracing is merely a gimmick. If you buy a card just for ray tracing you have mental issues.

16. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 18:33 Leper

Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:06:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:52:
Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?

In the comprehensive article Nvdia shows benches... and the mean it when they say "basic" support. 1080 with 20 and lower FPS

Bummer. That's what I thought. So I'm just going to save up and buy a 2080TI. Go big or go home.

I'd say buy the 2080TI if you want the best performance with a ray traced cherry on top, but I don't know if it's worth it just for the ray tracing. The next gen cards may have 4x ray tracing performance. Only like 3 games currently have any ray tracing support anyway.

15. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 17:56 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:27:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:25:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:42:
Nucas wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:22:
its smart a smart move, give more people raytracing access and hope the industry cares about adopting it.

Morgan Freeman, Narrator: "But they didn't adopt it for the same reason a man won't adopt a new way of peeling a potato. Once you get proficient at doing something a thousand times, it's slower to try a new way and all you see is the time you've wasted. Throw in the cost of a new knife and folks find they're happy with what they have."
I totally heard Freeman's voice in my head when I read that.
Me too
three

Morgan Freeman's or Missy Elliott's?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 17:49 RedEye9

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:27:
its smart a smart move, give more people raytracing access and hope the industry cares about adopting it.

Morgan Freeman, Narrator: "But they didn't adopt it for the same reason a man won't adopt a new way of peeling a potato. Once you get proficient at doing something a thousand times, it's slower to try a new way and all you see is the time you've wasted. Throw in the cost of a new knife and folks find they're happy with what they have."
Me too
three

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 17:27 SpectralMeat

Me too

Steam: SpectralMeat

12. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 17:25 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:38 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:06:
Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?

In the comprehensive article Nvdia shows benches... and the mean it when they say "basic" support. 1080 with 20 and lower FPS

Bummer. That's what I thought. So I'm just going to save up and buy a 2080TI. Go big or go home.

10. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:19 CJ_Parker

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 13:59:
So Nvidia is supporting DXR over RTX now. Probably because RTX suckes and you can run DXR on any DX12 GPU. Even AMD can get 30FPS with raytracing on DXR. Hope you all enjoyed wasting your money on them fancy RTX cards that offered nothing but a higher cost.

Um, nVidia co-developed DXR with Microsoft so there is no need to act like nVidia are anti-DXR or something. That'd be complete bullshit. They helped make the fucking thing a part of DX12 in the first place.

It's also not like the two are totally mutually exclusive.
A game could also use RTX for reflections and DXR for ray-traced shadows/illumination for example. A RTX implementation will usually be faster than DXR because of the specialized hardware cores in RTX cards.

9. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:06 eRe4s3r

8. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:04 Nucas

i'm sure it will catch on eventually when there's more hardware muscle, and a larger install base. nvidia's vulkan quake 2 RTX source port looks incredible, imagine that kind of thing at scale in a modern game.

the current generation though? total gimmick. people generally can't even tell the difference.

7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:00 Gib007

The Gigabyte Aurous Xtreme 2080Ti I paid £1,167 for (excluding VAT, which I don't pay) is giving me massive performance on the Samsung QLED 55" 4K HDR TV I game on. My previous EVGA 1080 FTW could only handle half this FPS output. So no, it wasn't a waste of money.  

6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:53 El Pit

So Nvidia is supporting DXR over RTX now. Probably because RTX suckes and you can run DXR on any DX12 GPU. Even AMD can get 30FPS with raytracing on DXR. Hope you all enjoyed wasting your money on them fancy RTX cards that offered nothing but a higher cost.

Does your family tree look a bit like a circle?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:52 Kxmode

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:42 Burrito of Peace

3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:41 Riahderymnmaddog

DXR is for the 10 series Pascal cards that don't have a dedicated RTX hardware core. they're not supporting it "over" RTX.

I am actually trying to be upset by everything. no matter how ridicules

2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:22 Nucas

DXR is for the 10 series Pascal cards that don't have a dedicated RTX hardware core. they're not supporting it "over" RTX.

1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 13:59 Riahderymnmaddog

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2019, 14:13.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo