Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

The Division 2 Released

The standard edition of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is now available as promised, offering the chance for all customers to play this open-world action/RPG sequel set in a post-pandemic Washington D.C. Those who've preordered the game can pick it up from whatever outlet they chose, but as revealed last week, as of today the game is exclusive to the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store, so any new purchases will have to go through one of those. This is a prominent release, even earning some coverage in USA Today, not normally a hotbed of gaming news. Here's yesterday's What is The Division 2? Trailer and here's word on the game:

In Tom Clancy’s The Division®2, the fate of the free world is on the line.

Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington DC to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city.

The Division 2 is an online, action shooter RPG experience, where exploration and player-progression are essential.

Liberate Washington DC – Save a country on the brink of collapse as you explore an open, dynamic and hostile world.

Stronger with your team – Specialize and fight together with your friends in online co-op or against others in competitive adversial PVP mode.

Genre-defining endgame – Choose a unique class specialization to take on the toughest challenges with friends.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 17, 2019, 09:31 Prez

The AI in the Division 2 seems fine to me. They actively try to flank you repeatedly, use numbers to their advantage, and flush you out of cover frequently. Heavily armored elites are a nightmare.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 17, 2019, 03:55 Nucas

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 16, 2019, 04:03:
Remember the marines from Half Life 1? Now there was AI that was truly great, challenging and DEADLY. No bullet sponginess bullshit there.

its funny to see this, i was thinking while playing today that the TTK for your standard enemy in div2 feels about the same to me as how long it used to take to drop a grunt in half life with the mp5 on hard; the only difference is half life didn't put health bars above everyone's head. div2 enemies don't feel spongey to me unless they're wearing full body armor.

what is it you think the ai was doing in half life that isn't happening in div2? enemies immediately find cover to fire from behind; they throw grenades; one will probe while the others remain in place or flank, and they are always trying to flank; some seek high ground; they withdraw when injured; etc etc. they also threw in FEAR style audio barks, constantly commenting on the player's actions, calling out when squad members drop, and so on. for ai, it's perfectly fine.

24. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 16, 2019, 11:41 Steele Johnson

Darks wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:32:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:34:
The enemy AI isn't quite there yet. Gonna give them some months before I pick this one up.

What? Your delusional. The AI is very cunning and will out flank you to get around you. I have no ideal what you are talking about but your clearly mistaken.

The AI is shit. It’s just you who thinks it’s good lol

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." - Dave Chappelle

23. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 16, 2019, 04:03 VaranDragon

Remember the marines from Half Life 1? Now there was AI that was truly great, challenging and DEADLY. No bullet sponginess bullshit there.

Or reaper bot from Quake1. That guy ripped me to pieces the first few times I played against it.

Why can't ANYONE GET IT RIGHT!? Seriously it's been now what, 20 years? 20 years and AAA games still can't figure out how to get this shit right. Opting for the lazy way out.

22. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 21:53 Slick

no FOV slider on PC = hard pass.

It's locked to 60.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

21. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 18:57 Gib007

I'm really enjoying this one. It's indeed more difficult than the first given the AI as I do keep getting flanked. The graphics look great and the performance is fantastic. 4K HDR with everything at maximum and it performs beautifully, never dipping anywhere near below 60 FPS. This is on an i7-8700K, 2080Ti with 32GB RAM, mind you.  

20. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 18:11 Creston

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go tell my buddy he's a moron.

19. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 17:20 FloorPie

Rhett wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 17:18:
Unless you bought it specifically from Epic, you do not need any interaction at all with the Epic launcher.

Ditto.

18. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 17:18 Rhett

Unless you bought it specifically from Epic, you do not need any interaction at all with the Epic launcher.  

17. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 16:14 Creston

Can someone confirm this just launches straight from UPlay, and does not force you to go through the Epic Launcher?  

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 15, 2019, 15:24 The Magician

... so they ran a "open beta" last week? Either the least buggy beta ever, or not really a beta. Probably just really *now* entering beta.

15. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:23 HorrorScope

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:49:
BTW, different factions have different and modified AI from each other. The Hyenas are fairly stupid and tend to rush you (they are just gang-bangers after all). The True Sons tend to use a bit more advanced tactics (due to their military background) and will try to flush you out of cover with grenades or even try to keep you in cover while another flanks you.

And oh man, don't get me started on fighting the [spoiler] Black Tusk faction or [spoiler] The Hunters with all of their tactics and toys. Naturally the AI will do stupid shit once in a while but I'd say that Div 2's AI is a lot more varied and advanced than games of this genre.

Right, play the game through and then you'll know, for a game this one has pretty good AI and pretty good AI for shooters means state of the art. Overall play the game through, I haven't played a PvE shooter that has had better AI and sure I can still pick it a part, what does that say about the rest then?

14. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:22 HorrorScope

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:09:
If still suffers from the same problems that Division 1 did. The Yellow Bar (High Damage/Bullet Sponge) enemies don't outright kill you because their AI is dumb and runs around taking cover and letting you plink at them rather then just rushing you and killing you since their TTK is a lot lower than yours.

They've reduced the bullet sponging from D1 and that is getting praised. On your AI scenario, first there are so many scenarios that could happen. But you put down flanking and cover and follow up with "just rush" you mean like all the zombie games or what I call Unity AI. There is no winning. We are a prisoner of our own minds.

13. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:20 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:31:
I'll check back on Anthem in a few weeks, see if any progress has been made.

2 Hours ago they update drop rates "significantly" they said, couldn't give us actual numbers though, gave us scenarios.

AI came up here a few times, go to the reddit for this, people are praising it. You might be seeing early game AI, but for a PvE I don't think there is anything better, or is at least right at the top and for a site that is big in single player/pve as Blue's is, this should be news.

12. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 14:19 CJ_Parker

The enemy AI isn't quite there yet. Gonna give them some months before I pick this one up.

What? Your delusional. The AI is very cunning and will out flank you to get around you. I have no ideal what you are talking about but your clearly mistaken.

The AI is dumber than a very small brick but I am not surprised that you are not able to notice that!

11. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 14:16 CJ_Parker

Garbage grinder.

I played that shit part with the White House district etc. in the technical alpha, closed beta and open beta and was bored out of my skull the second time through it all already. The third time I only barely made it to the Saint "boss" fight and had to quit. What a bore.

I'm guessing there might be some fun in it if you have a tight-knit coop group but for a solo player it is just plain boring.

It's just another mindless grinder with zero purpose (story fits on a scrap of a napkin) except to grind which has one sole purpose: Keep players "engaged" so they buy DLC, MTX and year-whatever passes.

10. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 13:49 OpticNerve

BTW, different factions have different and modified AI from each other. The Hyenas are fairly stupid and tend to rush you (they are just gang-bangers after all). The True Sons tend to use a bit more advanced tactics (due to their military background) and will try to flush you out of cover with grenades or even try to keep you in cover while another flanks you.

And oh man, don't get me started on fighting the [spoiler] Black Tusk faction or [spoiler] The Hunters with all of their tactics and toys. Naturally the AI will do stupid shit once in a while but I'd say that Div 2's AI is a lot more varied and advanced than games of this genre.

9. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 13:17 Darks

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:09:

If still suffers from the same problems that Division 1 did. The Yellow Bar (High Damage/Bullet Sponge) enemies don't outright kill you because their AI is dumb and runs around taking cover and letting you plink at them rather then just rushing you and killing you since their TTK is a lot lower than yours.

In Division 1, the most challenging enemies were the Yellow Bar Shotgunners because they would just rush and shotgun you and were bullet-spongey or numerous enough where you couldn't kill them fast enough. I'm only level 6 in D2, but I've already seeng some signs of that. Big Tank guy is a joke because he moves slow. Random Punk Boss with a sub-machine gun is a lot more of a problem because he rushes you.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed D1 and am having fun with D2, but it still has the same problems. Bullet-sponge gangbangers are immersion breaking and ruin a lot of tactics you would use in a cover-based/tactical shooter.

This game still has the fanatics that rush you and there are still shot-gunners that will rush you to. its the guys with ARs and SMGs that will take cover and fight you from cover.

Really dude, whats wrong with the AI taking cover? You do to survive right?

OK, the boss yes moves around slowly, and for good reason. it gives you time to beak down his armor. and the guy is carrying a big ass gun with a backpack loaded down with Ammo.

I dont know if you ever served in the miliraty and had to carry a weapon and ammo. But ammo is not light. its heavy and a backpack with that much ammo in it will weigh you down.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 13:09 SimplyMonk

In Division 1, the most challenging enemies were the Yellow Bar Shotgunners because they would just rush and shotgun you and were bullet-spongey or numerous enough where you couldn't kill them fast enough. I'm only level 6 in D2, but I've already seeng some signs of that. Big Tank guy is a joke because he moves slow. Random Punk Boss with a sub-machine gun is a lot more of a problem because he rushes you.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed D1 and am having fun with D2, but it still has the same problems. Bullet-sponge gangbangers are immersion breaking and ruin a lot of tactics you would use in a cover-based/tactical shooter.

7. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 12:56 Tipsy McStagger

NO! GO AWAY DIVISION 2 RELEASE! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!

Come back in 3 months! Okay thanks bye.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo