Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week

A Week One Recap from Vince Zampella updates us on the state of Apex Legends one week out from the launch of Respawn's free-to-play battle royale game. Word is the game has now attracted 25 million players and counting: "We’re also thrilled to announce that since last Monday, more than 25 million players have jumped into the game, and over the weekend we had well over 2 million concurrent players at our peak," explains the Respawn boss. "Like I said earlier, what a week!" Apparently this success is even having a halo effect on Titanfall 2 (or at least a destiny effect). Vince also fills us in on more of their future plans:

• First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We’ll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine’s Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don’t forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 23:09 Agent.X7

Drayth wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 23:03:
Everyone here's so great at not enjoying stuff. It's like an art form. Keep at it everyone!

I know, right? I'm over 30 and I love this game. I liked Fortnite too, although admittedly I am biased with that one. I suck at them, but I have fun even though I suck.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 23:03 Drayth

Everyone here's so great at not enjoying stuff. It's like an art form. Keep at it everyone!  

16. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:50 Osc8r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 22:25:
A true evolution from other BR games. However there is still space to improve, especially in the loot/inventory aspect. Its obvious it was made for consoles.

Evolution how exactly? It feels and plays like your run of the mill COD port. Much smaller map than other BR games, smaller population cap, bland colors, average visuals, below average gun play, terrible ui and looting system, forced teams of 3, classes seem interesting but have little impact in the majority of encounters...

What am i missing? Seems like Blackout with a different limited time mode, and that game was hardly considered an evolution by any stretch...

Maybe i'm just getting old.

15. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:44 Darks

Osc8r wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 22:28:
I honestly don't know how anyone older than 30 can enjoy this game, it's all just twitch and aim - there's little tactics, thought, or fights with actual depth... it's all just pew pew on speed.

It feels like a poorly done console port, kinda like Blackout but with a different map and pointless classes. The loot system is fn terrible as well.

Give it 6 months before the mindless masses wake up.

Personally,m I hate PVP and wont play it.

I watched my friend play this on Friday, and it was about what you just described. the and his team ran around avoiding combat and waiting it out until there were only 3 teams lief including them. and killed off the others and won the match.

I was like WTF, this is so stupid. I thought what a waste of a good looking game that could be a SP shooter with missions.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:28 Osc8r

I honestly don't know how anyone older than 30 can enjoy this game, it's all just twitch and aim - there's little tactics, thought, or fights with actual depth... it's all just pew pew on speed.

It feels like a poorly done console port, kinda like Blackout but with a different map and pointless classes. The loot system is fn terrible as well.

Give it 6 months before the mindless masses wake up.

13. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:25 Muscular Beaver

A true evolution from other BR games. However there is still space to improve, especially in the loot/inventory aspect. Its obvious it was made for consoles.  

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

12. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:14 Kxmode

necrosis wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 20:07:
PUBG == in the grave
Fortnight == one foot in/burned out
Blackout == costs money
Apex == free and the new hotness

I'm going to go ahead and reject that premise on the fact that PUBG won Steam's 2018 GAME OF THE YEAR award and it has ~830K people playing in a 24-hour period. It's only in the grave when the numbers drop below 2K in a 24 hour period.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

11. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 22:04 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 21:11:
I played some Friday, it is pretty cool if you're looking for something more realistic than Fortnite but not so realistic as PUBG and the reduced downtime between matches is nice. But goddamn is the matchmaking piss-poor, if there's any at all... You'd think with millions of people in-game that we as three newbs spending our first few hours with it would not have to be rofl-stomped every match by opponents who'd been playing pretty much non-stop since launch and have racked up hundreds or thousands of kills with a single class. Just like a successful F2P game needs the innumerable masses of freeloaders to sustain the top 1% of whales, a shooter needs some semblance of balance in player skill within a match or else it will not last.

This is why I don't play PVP FPS titles. I'm not wasting my time for someone else's amusement and fake Internet points.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 21:59 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 19:41:
Is Battle Royale the only thing anyone plays anymore? Holy crap.

Don't worry. The popularity of it will wane within a couple of years.

9. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 21:16 NicklePop

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 21:11:
I played some Friday, it is pretty cool if you're looking for something more realistic than Fortnite but not so realistic as PUBG and the reduced downtime between matches is nice. But goddamn is the matchmaking piss-poor, if there's any at all... You'd think with millions of people in-game that we as three newbs spending our first few hours with it would not have to be rofl-stomped every match by opponents who'd been playing pretty much non-stop since launch and have racked up hundreds or thousands of kills with a single class. Just like a successful F2P game needs the innumerable masses of freeloaders to sustain the top 1% of whales, a shooter needs some semblance of balance in player skill within a match or else it will not last.

I would suggest the opposite is true.

Look at Counter Strike, the newb killing machine.

Get good keeps the game going.

8. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 21:11 jacobvandy

7. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 20:13 xXStellarDadXx

necrosis wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 20:07:
PUBG == in the grave
Blackout == costs money

Nailed it dude!!!

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

6. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 20:07 necrosis

PUBG == in the grave
Blackout == costs money

5. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 20:06 Cutter

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 19:41:

So they claim. Without a way of verifying that I'll always take claims like this as gross exaggerations. We'll see how long it lasts. I watched a bit of it on Twitch, don't see what the big deal is. But it's free, right?

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

4. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 19:41 Creston

3. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 19:39 Kxmode

Better watch out Epic or else Apex Legends might have its own launcher/store with exclusives! Wait... nevermind.  

2. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 19:30 Drayth

Indeed. It's having the old Overwatch affect on me of, 'I'll jump in for a round.... oh, it's 3AM all of a sudden'.  

1. Re: Apex Legends Passes 25M Users in a Week Feb 11, 2019, 19:23 xXStellarDadXx

I swear they put crack in this game!!!  
I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo