Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The commish has spoken, and the annual Blue's News tackle football pool is now online. Following our recent custom, there's a pick-em league (password bn) as well as a spread league (password bn2) where you can take on the extra challenge of picking against the bookie's point spread. Best of luck to all who participate... especially me (given recent history, I'll need it).

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Beam Ball.
Swipe Skate.
Science: Why Do Humans Talk to Animals? Thanks Devicer. Just had a chat with a Mourning Dove this a.m.
Why whiskey tastes better with a little water.
Media: Honest Trailers - Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Broken faucet kalimba jam.
Auctions: Original DOOM 5.25" Master Disks.
Follow-up: How to watch the eclipse, regardless of where you live.
Top Two Officers on Navy Ship in Deadly Collision Off Japan Are Relieved of Duties.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2017, 16:32 LiTh

Blue wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 10:31:
LiTh wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 09:34:
Whats the password to the spread league? bn doesnt seem to work.

bn2 ... forgot to put that in at first, sorry. I'll add that now.

Thanks Blue!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2017, 10:31  Blue 

LiTh wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 09:34:

bn2 ... forgot to put that in at first, sorry. I'll add that now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2017, 09:34 LiTh

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2017, 07:46 RedEye9

SlimRam wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 00:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 22:28:
What is that saying in McDonalds ads.
All 17 members on the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities quit, following business CEOs out the door.
i remember now "I'm loving it."
What's awesome is that when you take the first letter of every paragraph of their letter and spell it out it spells:

R
E
S
I
S
T

Coincidence?
I did not notice that when I posted but it is beautiful. Thanks for pointing that out, just waiting for the commander in Cheetos to resign and make this weekend a perfect trifecta.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2017, 00:06 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 22:28:
All 17 members on the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities quit, following business CEOs out the door.
What's awesome is that when you take the first letter of every paragraph of their letter and spell it out it spells:

R
E
S
I
S
T

Coincidence?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 23:41 1badmf

Retired wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 20:14:
Looking for input, do you guys like the league with dropping your worst week? I historically like the setting incase someone misses a week it doesnt blast your score. There arent really any other settings to change.

A reminder to set your BN handle to your picks profile (is a seperate setting from your profile).

There are some really good people here as far as % of wins. I am throwing around the idea of some possible prizes for BN members.

i like the current settings as well. if you're gonna do prizes, maybe we should all just chip in and do a prize pool. i do a lot of fantasy sports so i don't mind tossing some cash out the window XD

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 22:42 Mr. Tact

Retired wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 20:14:
Looking for input, do you guys like the league with dropping your worst week? I historically like the setting incase someone misses a week it doesnt blast your score. There arent really any other settings to change.

A reminder to set your BN handle to your picks profile (is a seperate setting from your profile).

There are some really good people here as far as % of wins. I am throwing around the idea of some possible prizes for BN members.
I like that it throws out a week -- anyone could miss a week. I have no problem with the results being based on 16 of 17 weeks....

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 22:28 RedEye9

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 20:14 Retired

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 19:59 Wallshadows

Sonny Landham died.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 15:46 Cutter

It all depends whether The Donald stays in line with Bannon's hard-on for China. If he does, Bannon will support him, if not he'll go after him with all guns blazing. It's awesome when these assholes eat their own.

Steve Bannon, Unrepentant

“To me,” Bannon said, “the economic war with China is everything. And we have to be maniacally focused on that. If we continue to lose it, we're five years away, I think, ten years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we'll never be able to recover.”

Fact is, he's not wrong.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2017, 16:16.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

10. GW2 POF free open beta weekend Aug 18, 2017, 14:53 Kxmode

Starting today and going until Sunday evening, the expansion's new elite specs is available via PVP and WVW. Details

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

9. Re: Original DOOM 5.25" Master Disks. Aug 18, 2017, 14:53 MajorD

Huh, these are rare. And here I thought I was cool because I had the original 3.5" diskettes.

I have Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Doom, Doom II, Heretic, and Hexen all in original boxes, with manuals, registration cards, etc.; all with 3.5" diskettes. It wasn't until Duke Nukem 3D they transitioned to CD-ROMs.

Now, at the point in time with digital down loads, AAA games on DVDs is becoming scarce.

Still counting...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 14:21 Mr. Tact

Wow. Well, it will be interesting to see if Bannon does what some predicted, which is to take revenge for his being fired by attacking Trump via Breitbart. Personally, I doubt it. Even if he's unhappy about being fired, I'm sure he'll blame someone other than Trump. He's smart enough to know Trump is, in his deranged opinion, the best President he'll ever get. He can still effectively talk to Trump simply by posting things on Breitbart.

It doesn't change the fact we have a racist nationalist as a President.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 14:16 RedEye9

The good news is STEVE BANNON IS OUT, the bad news has not changed. In other words too little too late.
the easy way to get rid of donny jon

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 14:08 Cutter

Well to be fair animals do have limited comprehension - depending on the animal. Chimps and apes can carry on conversations through sign. Smart dogs like German Shepherds can understand upwards of about 200 words. Saw this yesterday making the rounds....

Husky furious with owner, refuses to look at her

Tell me the dog doesn't understand.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 13:37 Ozmodan

That guy should be fined for putting that atrocious Kalimba Jam on the internet!!!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 13:22 The Half Elf

New Blues League?

GO CUBS!

*ponders how badly he wants to watch The Defenders*

And the whiskey/bourbon article. I'm fairly "new" to bourbon, but being here in Kentucky, I've had a chance to taste some amazing creations. Sadly I can't remember the names of any of them

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 11:03 Acleacius

Blue you might make a mention about Marvel Defenders today.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo