Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month

Developer Flying Wild Hog and publisher Devolver Digital announce October 13th as the official release date for Shadow Warrior 2. Technically the third game in the shooter series, they are offering a discount for owners of the second Shadow Warrior or Flying Wild Hog's other game. Here's a new Who Wants Some Wang trailer, and here's word:

Independent developer Flying Wild Hog and the katana enthusiasts at publisher Devolver Digital have announced that first-person slasher Shadow Warrior 2 will launch October 13 on PC and preorders are now available. Shadow Warrior 2 fans can pre-order the game via Steam, GOG, and Humble to secure 10% off the $39.99 price and get the exclusive ‘Razorback’ chainsaw katana that is every bit as badass as that sounds. Owners of Flying Wild Hog’s previous games Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset Redux will receive an additional 10% off the pre-order price as thank you for being a ninja from the start.

Those ninjas that want to get all fancy with it can purchase Shadow Warrior 2 Deluxe which adds the Shadow Warrior 2 soundtrack, the Art of Shadow Warrior 2 digital book, and the Solid Gold Pack that includes an exclusive gold co-op ninja skin, katana and MP7 gun.

Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog’s offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world he inadvertently corrupted.

Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in this inventive sequel to the best-selling remake from 2013. Complete outrageous missions, collect powerful new armor, arcane relics of legend and choose from an array of masterfully designed weaponry - including a katana chainsaw that allows you to carve up your enemies in real-time. Finesse is the name of the game when it comes to dynamic dismemberment.

Remarkably bigger in every way than its predecessor, Shadow Warrior 2 has been designed as an open, vertically scalable world to explore. Each new unique environment is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and hosts a procedurally generated loot system so no two playthroughs will ever be the same.

“The reception to each new bit of Shadow Warrior 2 that we share has been thrilling and our team is excited – and relieved – to finally share our work with the fans,” said Michal Szustak, Studio Director at Flying Wild Hog. “We think our small studio has accomplished something special with Shadow Warrior 2 and hope that both fans of the classic FPS and those that enjoy more modern shooters will enjoy the game.”

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 4, 2016, 11:58 ItBurn

Retired wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 08:01:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:48:
Ravenus wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 03:12:
I was initially disappointed that Lo Wang in the reboot had a lot less of the cheesy Asian stereotype I enjoyed in the original game. But the game itself was a lot of fun in the old-skool way and surprisingly layered with its use of skill trees and magic powers. The story in the cutscenes was pretty good too, although it seemed divorced from the tone of the gameplay.

I am rather apprehensive about the random level generator for the sequel though. I disliked Diablo for this particular reason and I'm not sure I'm going to like it here. For me hand-crafted unique levels beat randomized generic crap any day.
It might be because I have a fever, but I don't see in the description that levels will be procedurally generated. Only the loot system.

Edit:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

That is actually the most exciting part of the game to me. Not to big on the 100,000,000,000,000 rounds from a gattling gun to kill a bad guy though.

Yeah, there's a bullet sponge concern, but I've watched lots of videos and there's a lot of enemies who die very quickly, so you'll still get that satisfaction of mowing down tons of enemies. It's mostly just the mini-bosses/elites that have tons of health.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 4, 2016, 08:01 Retired

I was initially disappointed that Lo Wang in the reboot had a lot less of the cheesy Asian stereotype I enjoyed in the original game. But the game itself was a lot of fun in the old-skool way and surprisingly layered with its use of skill trees and magic powers. The story in the cutscenes was pretty good too, although it seemed divorced from the tone of the gameplay.

I am rather apprehensive about the random level generator for the sequel though. I disliked Diablo for this particular reason and I'm not sure I'm going to like it here. For me hand-crafted unique levels beat randomized generic crap any day.
It might be because I have a fever, but I don't see in the description that levels will be procedurally generated. Only the loot system.

Edit:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

That is actually the most exciting part of the game to me. Not to big on the 100,000,000,000,000 rounds from a gattling gun to kill a bad guy though.

13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 18:19 Suppa7

From the wiki...

It most likely uses pseudo-procedural generation techniques where they just re-arrange prefabbed hand crafted chunks of levels.

12. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 08:24 ViRGE

Slashman wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:47:
Not going to preorder but it is very likely a day one buy for me if reviews are good!
Ditto.

11. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 07:48 Pr()ZaC

Edit:
From the wiki...

10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 07:47 Slashman

Not going to preorder but it is very likely a day one buy for me if reviews are good!  

9. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 05:46 Kosumo

Good post, post more!

8. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 3, 2016, 03:12 Ravenus

7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 22:41 ItBurn

Loved the remake. Heard a lot about this sequel and I can't wait. This one is going to be a lot more diablo-esque.  

6. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 22:25 Ant

Hyatus wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 20:37:
Original one is, I believe, free on GOG right now.
Also on Steam!

The SW2's trailer's techno music is sweet. Does anyone know the full song of it?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 22:18 RedEye9

Hyatus wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 22:02:
Slick wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 21:57:
original original?

Yeah, original original.
To clarify, this is Shadow Warrior Classic Complete, which is different from Shadow Warrior Classic Redux: The gameplay is the same, but the Redux edition features remastered graphics and GOG Galaxy achievements, while the Classic Complete version is the same as it was 20 years ago. http://www.pcgamer.com/shadow-warrior-classic-complete-is-free-on-gog/

Filmmaker John Waters advice for elders: "Whenever any magazine says, 'What photographer do you want to shoot you?' I always just say, 'The one that has the biggest retouch budget!

4. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 22:02 Hyatus

Slick wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 21:57:
original original?

Yeah, original original.

3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking good, although I'll probably wait a bit to pick this up. The last couple articles and videos for Shadow Warrior 2 look promising though.

2. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 21:57 Slick

Hyatus wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 20:37:

original original?

also... goddamnit, this one snuck up on me, one more game I have to buy.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 2, 2016, 20:37 Hyatus

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo