Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient

Financial Review reveals the next game from Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara is called Whore Of The Orient, as they report that Mad Max director George Miller has acquired film rights to the project (thanks MCV). Here's word on the game and the Mad Max: Fury Road game:

Which is why, after resisting the impulse for years, and watching imitators clean up, Miller is now finally going to make Mad Max, the game. Backed by Warner Bros, the game version of Fury Road was to be made in Sweden, until Miller saw what Team Bondi could do. He has also acquired the rights to Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara’s next game, Whore Of The Orient.

“With the government’s support we can immediately go forward with two games,” says Mitchell. “Warner Bros is standing by, willing to do Fury Road; the incentive would bring it back here in a New York minute. It’s not immediately obvious but the potential in the video games sector is massive. Just from the statistics people are showing me, it’s a $60 billion industry fast-tracking towards $90 billion. And it’s not dominated by any particular country. Films are very expensive, so studios . . . are making drastically fewer of them, but much higher quality, and they invest in sequels, because they know that they’ve got an opening which they don’t have to buy with their marketing dollars as aggressively.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 23:39 Dev

Kosumo wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 22:59:
Is there not a ex-baseball player their in America that has a video game company who I thought got local tax breaks from some state? (Florida?)
Not sure, but I do know that canadian game companies get subsidized by the canadian government under a program thats supposed to sponsor canadian art. Guess what game studio is the biggest receiver? Ubisoft. They've gotten $25,000 per employee per year in government funding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 22:59 Kosumo

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:28:
Dev wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:11:
I was curious how and what government was supporting... well, whores.

Six months prior the pair embarked on a concerted, behind-the-scenes campaign to persuade the federal government to extend the 40 per cent Australian producer tax rebate introduced in 2007,

Turns out the AU gov only applies that to movies, and this dev and others have been trying to persuade them it applies to games too.

Interesting.

Very. Do you have any links on this producer's Tax Rebate? I'm somewhat curious.

^D^

The New Zealand government has done/still does these movie (Large Screen Tax) Rebates, It's how the Lord Of The Ring Films got made, NZ took all the risk, New Line Cenima took all the profits.

For the Hobit movies, our government gave Warner Bros. $30 million and changed our employment laws.

ITS TOTAL SHIT - it's not how you make things sustainable.

Is there not a ex-baseball player their in America that has a video game company who I thought got local tax breaks from some state? (Florida?)

21. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 22:20 Dev

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 21:45:
As of today they are still doing the live action Mad Max: Fury Road, to be immediately followed by another sequel Mad Max: Furiosa. Tom Hardy is the new Max and has been pretty vocal about it in recent interviews.

That wiki page is hopelessly out of date.
Given your nickname and info, I imagine you are into this subject? Feel free to update the wiki

20. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 21:45 Mad Max RW

As of today they are still doing the live action Mad Max: Fury Road, to be immediately followed by another sequel Mad Max: Furiosa. Tom Hardy is the new Max and has been pretty vocal about it in recent interviews.

That wiki page is hopelessly out of date.

19. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 19:48 ^Drag0n^

Dev wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 16:27:
That quote came from when I RTFA, as did the sum total of my knowledge on the subject.
Since I don't live in AU, I must admit to a paucity of knowledge on australian movie making and the tax laws thereof.

Hahaha...Thanks, Dev, and no worries...I'm just curious as to what exactly this thing is.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

18. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 17:18 Rigs

Dev wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 16:27:
Edit: Wiki has this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(franchise)#Sequel
Apparently they ARE planning to do a movie, but there's confusion as to if they are doing an anime style 3d animated mad max sequel, or a live action one, or both.

Please tell me your fucking kidding....Oh god let that be misinformation...If it is indeed real, I have lost ALL faith with the movie industry. I'm done. No more. Nope. Ain't gonna do it. The only movie in the forseeable future that I am even REMOTELY interested in is the next Star Trek movie. Everything else can #$@@#$%! off! Fer real...

=-Rigs-=

17. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 16:30 Prez

Perhaps the movie is about a whore who works the Orient? It's not an insult to call it what it is, is it? (I'm talking about a woman who has sex for money specifically)  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 16:27 Dev

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:28:

Six months prior the pair embarked on a concerted, behind-the-scenes campaign to persuade the federal government to extend the 40 per cent Australian producer tax rebate introduced in 2007,

Turns out the AU gov only applies that to movies, and this dev and others have been trying to persuade them it applies to games too.

Interesting.

Very. Do you have any links on this producer's Tax Rebate? I'm somewhat curious.

^D^
That quote came from when I RTFA, as did the sum total of my knowledge on the subject.
Since I don't live in AU, I must admit to a paucity of knowledge on australian movie making and the tax laws thereof.

Hudson wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:28:
Wait but we also get a movie right?

Please tell me the movie is a go

Please...

Warner Bros has not only persevered with Mad Max 4: Fury Road, but pumped additional millions into a budget, initially reported at $100 million, to allow it to transfer to the Namibian desert, where it will begin shooting in April next year.

Dunno if they mean shooting for a movie or a game. Presumably google could reveal more.

Edit: Wiki has this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(franchise)#Sequel
Apparently they ARE planning to do a movie, but there's confusion as to if they are doing an anime style 3d animated mad max sequel, or a live action one, or both.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2011, 16:59.

15. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 16:24 Mad Max RW

Hudson wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:28:

Please...

Whore Of The Orient or Fury Road? With the way production is going (they're packing everything up at Australia because it's too green and alive from extremely rare flooding, and moving to Namibia in Africa where they just had similar historic rainstorms turning their wasteland into a garden of Eden) we're more likely going to see a Whore Of The Orient movie. Ben Stiller plays the whore.

14. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 15:28 Angrius Maximis

Please...

13. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 15:28 ^Drag0n^

Interesting.

^D^

12. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 15:11 Dev

Interesting.

11. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 15:04 Dev

Creston wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 13:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:15:
Creston wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:36:
Yeah, you might want to look at those statistics again, buddy. Because I'm pretty sure the games industry is not a 60 billion dollar industry.

Depending on where you look it's between $65 and $68 billion. The $60 billion mark was passed in 2009.

Yeah, I guess he probably was talking world-wide. I was looking at US numbers only. My bad.

Creston
Gaming industry is worldwide because the market is worldwide Even sticking with english only games and throwing it onto steam, there's a good chunk of the world market that will be potential customers.

10. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 14:56 ^Drag0n^

I'd say you are correct.

I'm just curious as to the plot-line of this project, I mean, with that kind of title...

^D^

9. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 14:36 Cutter

Well if the industry is so profitable I guess you really don't need government support, do you?

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

8. Re: Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient & Mad Max Game Nov 28, 2011, 14:25 ^Drag0n^

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 10:54:
Whore of the Orient, eh?

That'll go over well. Who says video games aren't female friendly!?

LMAO...and people thought "Dead Island" cvars were over the top...

^D^

7. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 13:57 the_culture

Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara’s next game, Whore Of The Orient.

Someone has mommy issues.

6. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 13:23 Creston

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 12:15:
Yeah, you might want to look at those statistics again, buddy. Because I'm pretty sure the games industry is not a 60 billion dollar industry.

Depending on where you look it's between $65 and $68 billion. The $60 billion mark was passed in 2009.

Yeah, I guess he probably was talking world-wide. I was looking at US numbers only. My bad.

Creston

5. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 12:15 Mad Max RW

4. Re: Mad Max Game & Brendan McNamara's Whore Of The Orient Nov 28, 2011, 11:36 Creston

I thought the title implied that Brendan McNamara's new NAME was Whore of the Orient, and I thought it was quite fitting.

How that fucking asshole keeps getting jobs handed to him is insane.

Just from the statistics people are showing me, it’s a $60 billion industry fast-tracking towards $90 billion

Creston

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo