Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4214 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 16:24 Wowbagger_TIP

From what I've read, Apple could create an IOS update specifically for this phone, that would allow them to run a brute force attack without triggering the delays or device wipe. The government would not be able to modify this update package for other phones without Apple's private signing key.

But, if they give in and do this, then every asshole government in the world is gonna demand the same thing for cases against whoever they're out to get that week.

Not sure this would be possible on newer iPhone models either. I think those would have to be unlocked with the user's password before the OS can be updated. I could be wrong about that though.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2016, 16:30.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
9. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 16, 2016, 23:34 Wowbagger_TIP

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:39:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:23:
Gladly play this again with modern hardware. Loved this first one the best (b2 didn't do much for me).

A lot of people say this, and I don't get it, honestly. I have to assume it's the backgrounds, the moon looked cooler than a lot of jungle planets, etc. that were in BZ2.

Planet landscapes aside, BZ2 was about as superior as you could get to a given predecessor, in every other way.

Oh well, more interest in Battlezone(*) is always good.

I just felt like the tanks were more fun to drive in the first one. I really couldn't get into the second, despite really wanting to love it as much as the first.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 16, 2016, 00:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Julio wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 16:16:
Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 13:31:
Right, a fridge that spies on you, super.

Maybe they can sell it in a package deal with the Samsung TV, Windows 10 and the original Xbox One. Is it too much to just ask for a fridge that works as a fridge with nothing else?
Probably not, since there's literally hundreds of models like that available.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Citizen in time Feb 15, 2016, 13:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Inexorable wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 09:59:
Except he is not being racist. Substitute white, black, green, purple, short, tall, etc. He is arguing that admitting someone into a school based on non-academic criteria may in fact harm the individual who is admitted to a school he or she cannot handle academically, leading to his or her failure.

Whereas if he or she is admitted to a school that more aligned to his or her academic skills, he or she can succeed.

He specifically said "African Americans" do not do well. He was quite specific about who he was referring to.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2016, 23:56 Wowbagger_TIP

Slick wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 23:38:
Linksil wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 12:43:
One of the few games I was thinking about tipping me towards getting a Xbox one finally. I really really really hate they are pulling the whole windows 10 only crap.

Guy who would rather buy an xbone for 1 game rather than get windows10, the best OS for games on the planet.

I lol'd

that console exclusive is coming to PC... guys? GET YER PITCHFORKS!

As soon as I can reliably turn off the Win 10 tracking crap, without gimping it, then I'll probably switch to that.

13. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2016, 17:22 Wowbagger_TIP

dupe  

12. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2016, 17:19 Wowbagger_TIP

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 16:30:
With that said, people need to get their facts straight and understand what these judges should actual do. They are not there to make new laws i.e. to define marriage when it is not defined by congress. Everyone should be against life time appointed judges who try and make law from the bench; it is the people's (our) job to hire and fire congress as we see fit. We the people should not tolerate judges or presidents who try and override the system and the people. No matter what side they are on!

BTW,Stephanopoulos is a left-wing hack...Go Cruz!

So you think it's good to ignore the constitution and just block all the nominees like Cruz wants to? You seem pretty hypocritical about this stuff.

And btw, they weren't defining marriage. They were simply saying that the government doesn't get to treat people differently just because of their sexual orientation and play favorites about who can get the benefits of marriage under the law. Liberty for all. I'd think you'd be in favor of that.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2016, 16:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, SC nominees are always confirmed or rejected by vote within a few months. This crap of wanting to wait a year is just bullshit. Republicans are always saying that elections have consequences when they're pushing their agenda through. If he nominates someone qualified, then they should be confirmed.

Here we go...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But does does that mean does that mean that you're going to filibuster anyone anyone that President Obama nominates?

CRUZ: Absolutely. This should be a decision for the people, George.

(....)

STEPHANOPOULOS: But but the people elected. President Obama, didn't they?

CRUZ: They did, but but that that was three years ago and elections have consequences. The people also gave us a Republican Senate this last election because they were fed up with Barack Obama's lawlessness, but Justice Scalia's passing also has a profound impact on this primary. It underscores the stakes for the people of South Carolina.

So basically, he thinks that presidents lose their authority after 3 years or something. Apparently the constitution is more of an a-la-cart thing to him.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2016, 16:24.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2016, 01:12 Wowbagger_TIP

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 01:02:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 00:43:
I'm really torn about Deadpool, very cool license but ...isn't this douche, the actor who bombed a couple of movies like Green Lantern and treated Scarlett Johansson like crap...think I'll pass on it all, just like I'm sadly passing on watching the other clown playing Batman in the new moive, bleh. Puke

I don't know about Scarlett, but Green Lantern wasn't his fault. The deadpool movie is a riot, and absolutely happy to directly poke fun at his prior failures. They're not exactly weak jabs, either. This is THE character for Reynolds, much like Wolverine is for Jackman and Stark is for Downey Jr. The movie starts off with a glorious display of silliness and gore, which it keeps up for most of the movie. It does slow down here and there, but it feels more like they knew you needed a couple minutes to stop giggling.

And of course, stay through the credits.

I've heard pretty much universally good things about the movie, so wife and I are gonna go see it tomorrow. Hopefully this is Fox finally getting their shit together and we'll see more good stuff from them in the future with the Marvel properties.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 13:38 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 11:29:
Someone spewing goofy shit via twitter, or some one spewing religious political shit via twitter, really how bad is she?

That's kind of my take. She likes to say crazy stuff, but she's harmless. Take that any day over a lot of the other vile shit you find on Twitter.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2016, 03:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 23:53:
Whenever I see that level of stupidity or insanity I always have to ask if it's just theater. Are these the actions of someone just desperate for attention who want to stay in the public eye, or are they really that stupid?

Looks like theater to me. She just enjoys saying crazy shit. It's probably fun for her. To each their own. Her followers must get something out of it, or they wouldn't be paying attention.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
10. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 03:09 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 23:33:
I miss Far Cry's 2's map, ya know the thing you had to pull out and look at.

Yeah, they should just have you pull out a stone tablet with a map carved on it. Each time you discover a new place, you carve it into the map. Maybe they could make a map-carving mini game!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: JC3 second thoughts Jan 4, 2016, 10:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 22:37:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:14:
Here's another example: Statues. In JC2, you could wreck a statue, grab its head, tether it to a chopper, then use it as a flying wrecking ball. In JC3? The statue disintegrates into dust 9 out of 10 times. Also, you can no longer just grab a jeep, tether it to the statue and wrench it off it's stand. You HAVE to use explosives to destroy it. It's all gotten so much worse...

That's inaccurate. You can definitely use tethers to destroy statues. I do it all the time.

Maybe once they're upgraded to the max or something. I just put 4 tethers on a statue and tried to pull it apart. De Nada. I tethered the statue to an APC and tried to pull it down. All that happens is that my APC (admittedly hilariously) launches itself into the air like a big yo-yo. The statue remains, as ever.

No way. I pull them down all the time with just the 2 starting tethers. No upgrades. Sometimes it takes 2 attempts, but it works all the time. I just attach them to the head, and then to something lower and a bit away from the statue to get some leverage. Often I do it from a rooftop, and just attach them near my feet. Don't think I've had it take more than 2 attempts like this before it topples.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2015, 19:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Jesus, that story about the stuntwoman is horrific. Now I feel bad  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
55. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 16:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Saboth wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 16:32:
So is it just me, or is this sale like the Fall sale, where everything is a set discount and there are no flash or daily sales? In the past, the "regular" sales were ho-hum (as are most of the deals on this sale), but you really waited for the daily or flash deals because that's where the real deal was.

They don't do that anymore because people were complaining and returning things. Now it's one price for the duration of the sale.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
53. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 13:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 02:47:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 22:05:
Just bought a game from GOG. Then tried buy 2 games from G2A, for the fist time. Got a message saying the credit card failed, 4 times and no luck. I called the cc company, they said no problems and they are not denying it. 20 minutes on Live Chat with G2A support, they told me to call the cc company. Middlefinger . Guess I'll try Kinguin.

Are you doing it through Paypal? Might want to double check with your CC provider's security because the same shit happened to me at first. Turns out G2A is flagged in their database so there was, in fact, some sort of block. They removed it and it's worked fine since.
Thanks for the tip, actually I did finally get Venetica and Frayed Knights from G2A, at 50% off Steams current sale prices. It turns out it was a cross site check being done via script at the last second for the visa approval. NoScript blocks cross site transfers by default, so I temporarily disabled the function and went through. Both keys worked, well at least I haven't been kicked off Steam yet ! Party2

Some other strange things I noticed besides Dungeon Lords. Mafia 2 is still down for the count and while UBI has almost all of their games on sale Stick of Truth isn't.

Stick of Truth is now on sale on Steam for $7.49 (75% off).

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
5. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 22, 2015, 23:10 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 21:22:
Rhett wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 20:06:
It is a fun game, but they should just move on already. It's had a fantastic run (since the AH was taken out), but it needs more features. And necromancers, dammit. Screw the witch doctor!

Heh, give this a watch....

De Staat - Witch Doctor

Well that was trippy...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2015, 13:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Dagnamit wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 09:37:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 16:13:
Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?

Expertise of the management? Good will? Probably did the math and found it cheaper to buy an established team than make his own.
Maybe. Doesn't seem like there's anything special about this team at this point though. What's a team with no players? Who or what is the management managing? What aspect of the team would generate the good will? Not the name or players, apparently. Just seems rather odd to me.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 19, 2015, 16:13 Wowbagger_TIP

Man, I really don't get this. Rick Fox buys a LoL team, which has no players, and then changes the name. WTF am I missing here? Is there some other value to this team besides the players and name?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2015, 20:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 13:02:
I'm still enjoying Penny Dreadful, solid show.
Yeah, same here. Great show. Creepy as hell, and great acting.

4214 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo