Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4402 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 27, 2017, 22:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Ajit Pai is such a lying asshole.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 22, 2017, 00:38 Wowbagger_TIP

Not interested in MP, so I guess I'll just wait and see if there's enough SP gameplay to be worth buying.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Adds Replays, Mod Support, New Maps
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 7, 2017, 21:19 Wowbagger_TIP

Is the game any good? I only really heard kind of "meh" reviews of it. It seems like something I might like, and not sure if it's improved since it launched a while back.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 7, 2017, 20:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, I thought the game was pretty fun too, but at this point I'd wait until it's about $20, maybe $30 considering the new stuff.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
21. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 4, 2017, 18:11 Wowbagger_TIP

I haven't played the game yet, but I liked the first one a lot, so will probably pick this up.

It's also 50% off on Steam until Monday, so that addresses the "people won't want to pay full-price at this point" argument someone made earlier.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 27, 2017, 02:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 15:35:
Well we live in an age where unpopular opinions can be labeled hate speech. I have no use for Breitbart but from what I've seen their opinions are often extreme, but "hate speech"? Nah.

Yeah, I don't know if it can be classified as hate speech either. I'm just curious to see if there is really the kind of significant overlap in the over-the-top statements we see from Breitbart with CNN.

I don't watch cable news, so I may not be aware of this kind of thing. Would be interesting to see if CNN is actually as bad as Breitbart.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 26, 2017, 14:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 09:07:
Wonder if that means that CNN will be blocked from ad revenue, some of their people definitely qualify for hate speech just like Breitbart.

Ok, I'd like to know more. Got examples of them saying things like Breitbart does?

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 25, 2017, 02:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I actually found the game pretty fun the first time around. Definitely wouldn't pay $50 for it at this point. Maybe at $20ish it might be worth it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 19, 2017, 19:25 Wowbagger_TIP

The nukes we have today are more than 10 times more powerful than the one from that video. Just in case that seemed small-ish to anyone.

Trump is obviously correct that we need to beef up our nukes.

News Comments > WARTILE Early Access
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 18, 2017, 01:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Not sure exactly what this would be like to play, but it certainly looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Dauntless Trailer
1. Re: Dauntless Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 23:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Didn't see anything interesting in that trailer...  

News Comments > BattleTech Beta Delay and Release Date Outlook
26. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 02:54 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 12:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:50:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:23:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:28:
I'm never buying anything connected with Mechwarrior Online, or probably the Mechwarrior franchise ever after the crap Piranha Games pulled. But that's just me, you guys go for it.

How does this have anything to do with Pirhana's fuckups? You aren't making any sense.

You must be unaware that this game uses Pirhaha's assets from MWO.

It uses their mech models, yes. How does getting some art assets from Pirhana matter to the development of the game though? They've already got the assets and have been working with them for many months now.

Don't you get it man??! It's tainted! TAINTED!!

Still, I get where Raz0r is coming from. Piranha has pulled some pretty shitty nonsense over the years.

Yeah, I get that. I refused to play MWO because they are such a shitty company. But can't see that as any reason to shun HBS.

News Comments > The Division Free Expansion Plans
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 8, 2017, 23:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Slick wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 23:03:
cool.

The game desperately needs a loadout feature, as it's a giant pain to switch and carry all my different gear sets.

People still play this game? I quit after about a month. Once you got past the story it was a terrible, boring as hell grind. The Phoenix whatever update was terrible too, so I never went back. They couldn't balance the game for shit, and cheating was rampant in the Dark Zone.

23. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 8, 2017, 02:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 01:12:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:26:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:08:
We don't need it to be perfect man. We just need it to exist, and be timely.

Absolutely. My meaning is HBS runs a business so when they communicate with their backers and the public they should follow a measure of professional decorum otherwise they come off sounding small and amateurish. Informal is what Sean Murray used, and that didn't go so well for him. My translated example only provides the most important information people need to hear. They can relegate the "happy talk" to game show and convention chit-chat.

I don't particularly care if their informational releases aren't as polished as some others. I care that they make good games and are open and honest with their supporters. I'd rather they spend the money on the game than paying someone else to write this stuff.

As a backer at the $50 level, I care. I'm not interested in happy talk like "Now that our technical issues are behind us, the team is focused on quality and on delivering an experience that shows the world why HBS loves BattleTech and why everyone else should, too." That's superfluous nonsense that has nothing to do with the game itself. All I care about is the status of the game, what issues have they run into, and when can we expect the beta soon? That's it. Ditch the happy fluffy pillow talk. This isn't a relationship; I'm looking for answers.

P.S. this game was the last crowdfunded / early access project I backed. I believe I'm zero for all projects I backed (not including Star Citizen since I got a refund; that doesn't count). I have yet to see any launch. Of the bunch, BT is the only one that's close. I may back future HBS plans merely because they have, so far, an excellent track record of delivering on what they scope near the time they say they can deliver. As far as I'm concerned that's high ROI in my book. Thumbsup

I backed BT for $50 as well. HBS has always delivered what they promised, and I've backed all their Shadowrun games. That's why I'm fine with letting them say things however they like. They do good work, and haven't let me down yet.

I'm pretty particular about what I'll back, but so far the HBS games, Wasteland 2, and Torment have all been delivered. I didn't back SC because I didn't like their pricing and their scope seemed pretty out of control.

22. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 8, 2017, 02:28 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:57:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:50:
I'm never buying anything connected with Mechwarrior Online, or probably the Mechwarrior franchise ever after the crap Piranha Games pulled. But that's just me, you guys go for it.

How does this have anything to do with Pirhana's fuckups? You aren't making any sense.

It uses their mech models, yes. How does getting some art assets from Pirhana matter to the development of the game though? They've already got the assets and have been working with them for many months now.

It supports Pirhana in name if nothing else which is enough for me to shit all over it.

So you're taking your hate for Pirhana out on a game made by a different company that has a track record of putting out good, niche games that otherwise wouldn't get made, just because they used some art assets from Pirhana.

That's really dumb.

19. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 21:50 Wowbagger_TIP

17. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 20:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:08:
We don't need it to be perfect man. We just need it to exist, and be timely.

Absolutely. My meaning is HBS runs a business so when they communicate with their backers and the public they should follow a measure of professional decorum otherwise they come off sounding small and amateurish. Informal is what Sean Murray used, and that didn't go so well for him. My translated example only provides the most important information people need to hear. They can relegate the "happy talk" to game show and convention chit-chat.

I don't particularly care if their informational releases aren't as polished as some others. I care that they make good games and are open and honest with their supporters. I'd rather they spend the money on the game than paying someone else to write this stuff.

16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 7, 2017, 20:23 Wowbagger_TIP

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 28, 2017, 02:29 Wowbagger_TIP

Kxmode wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 22:31:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 21:00:
LOL freedom, yeh

Yes. Freedom. The ability to say things regarded as "hateful" or "fighting words" to a person or group is, in part, thanks to the Witness's Supreme Court victory. I posted the information. You didn't pay attention.

----

03/09/1942, Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (315 U.S. 568)

FREEDOM: First and Fourteenth Amendment rights to free speech (otherwise know as the "fighting words doctrine")

Justice Frank Murphy delivered the court's decision noting the First Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government from making laws that abridge the freedoms of speech, of the press, and of worship. Some forms of expression -- among them obscenity and fighting words -- do not convey ideas and thus are not subject to First Amendment protection. In this case, Chaplinsky uttered fighting words, i.e., words that "inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace." The First Amendment similarly applies to the states, as its protections are within “the fundamental personal rights and liberties which are protected by the Fourteenth Amendment from invasion by state action.” In other words, freedom of speech was designed to protect speech that was unpopular and not the other way around.

Laws applied: U.S. Constitution amend. I; NH P. L., c. 378, § 2 (1941)

----

Anyhow, on behalf of The Witnesses, you're welcome.

That case doesn't seem like a win for free speech. What am I missing here?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Feb 26, 2017, 20:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm not sure what these industry leaders are planning. As more people are replaced by machines, who do they think is going to buy their products and services?  

4402 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo