Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4398 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 21, 2017, 01:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I would like another season of Borderlands too!  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 19, 2017, 19:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Looking forward to a new Wolf Among Us. First one was pretty cool.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 14, 2017, 20:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 18:39:
All I want to see - required by law - are rear facing cameras that can detect tailgaters and send a signal to the other vehicle to force it to slow down and/or report it to the police with accompanying footage to bust them. That'd put an end to that horseshit PDQ.

Heh, police are some of the worst offenders when it comes to tailgating. I see them doing it all the time around here.

News Comments > Devoid of Shadows Released
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 14, 2017, 20:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow, that looks terrible.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 21:21 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 19:21:
It's almost a shame that the sign wasn't there because the object would burn someone.

Maybe deliver a massive shock. That would have been hilarious

Maybe they should have written the sign just for him:

Do not touch, Mike! - God

7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 18:11 Wowbagger_TIP

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 16:59:
Some think that he dumbs his speech down to the plebeians vernacular, but I don't see him being smart enough to consistently do that all the time.

I mean sooner or later he would have to slip up and say something intelligent. Time will tell I guess.

It's kind of funny, because it means those people are saying that the majority of his base consists of idiots that he must speak down to. Not sure that's a great thing to be claiming about your party.

It's not true, of course. He's an idiot too. It's not just the words he uses, it's the incredibly stupid things he says and does, and the fact that he can't stop himself from rambling on.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 8, 2017, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Haven't actually had any problems with it. Just been continually deferring the Creators Edition update. It didn't seem to add anything I was really interested in.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 This Month
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 6, 2017, 22:32 Wowbagger_TIP

With Path of Exile about to release 6 new acts, along with a heap of other new stuff and balance changes, I can't get excited about D3. If I need anymore ARPG gametime before then, I'd rather just play some more Grim Dawn, or Dying Light if I want more action.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 6, 2017, 00:23 Wowbagger_TIP

The Trump shills have been posting all kinds of ridiculous things about the CNN story.

The guy was not a 15 year old kid. He's a middle-aged internet troll who's posted a ton of horrific shit, including calling for genocide on multiple occasions, and posting a list of Jewish CNN employees.

CNN didn't coerce an apology from him either, since he didn't even talk to them until after he had posted his apology and deleted his account.

CNN's response wasn't intended as a threat. They're simply saying they made no deals with him. They are just refraining from releasing his info because they decided based on his apology to cut him some slack.

It's absolutely newsworthy if someone is influencing POTUS enough that he retweets a fucked up gif like that, so they have every right to let people know who it was that influenced him in that way, and what other disgusting things that person has posted.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
123. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 15:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:56:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:30:
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:40:
Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner.

It's almost like my reply was tailored for a comment, not the entire discussion. And took into account the poverty issue.

That being said, this is a cultural issue. It is aggravated by economic status, to think otherwise is foolish. If it were the main cause, the poorest whites should be the highest crime rate, no ?

The part of your post that I quoted contradicted the part you quoted. It just wasn't very clear what you meant by that.

Ultimately, my point was that just pointing at poor white people and saying they don't have the same issues as poor black people doesn't really tell us anything.

119. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Dacron wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:22:
I am just countering the notion that poverty has anything to do with it (directly quoted in my response.). It is a bullshit cop out, not supported by any factual data, because all you have to do is post the crime rate for the poorest people in the god damn country. So if it disproportionately effects blacks, it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

111. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 20:52 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:54:
Fucking hell, dude. Look for cops shooting white people and you'll get hundreds of hits. Look for cops saving puppies and you get hundreds of hits. Look for cops shooting blacks and you get the same result. Regressive media just chooses to show the latter. Also, don't cherry pick those stats. Look at crime per capita too. Paints a clearer picture.

The numbers have already been discussed. But your argument is just ridiculous. You could make the same argument about black people or any other group, and it would be just as meaningless. What matters is the consequences when they do what they do.

Afaik he didn't reach into his coat, mate. He reached into some place in the car, dashboard/console w/e but a place where the cop couldn't see.

Even if that were true, the same reasoning applies regardless of where he had reached. The cop never saw a gun. He never had reason to feel threatened enough to shoot the guy. The guy was doing as he was told. At most, he could have drawn his gun until the guy had his hands back where he could see them. He didn't. He panicked and cost Castile his life.

The situation was bad. Very bad. For all included.

Jesus Christ, cut the platitudes. I'm gonna have to say that it was a whole hell of a lot worse for Castile and his family than for Yanez.

To call the cop a racist based on the footage and facts is extremely insulting to say the least. Again, an entire jury agreed with me unanimously. 2 of them being black members of the jury.

Being insulted is a lot better than being dead, so I think he can deal with it. The jury didn't really seem to agree with you. If they did, they wouldn't have taken 4 days to come to a verdict. They got a seriously warped view of the case too, as the prosecution really blew it by not getting critical evidence introduced like they should have.

There should always be an independent prosecutor. It's the only way we'll ever get a fair trial involving a cop. The local DA should not be involved. There should be a separate agency prosecuting these cases.

One last time, yes there is racism among cops. Yes black people sometimes the victim of said racism. Is it as bad as it is made out to be these days? I don't believe so. People are all on a fucking frenzy. People who hate their life just hop on the bandwagon because it's always better to blame some external shit for your own misery.

Black people have been abused by the cops for as long as there have been black people in this country. Has it gotten better over time? Sure. But that doesn't mean they aren't still being abused more than others. It's quite obvious that they are.

Ultimately that isn't even the real issue. The real issue is that cops rarely face serious consequences for abusing anybody. Minorities just get it worse and more frequently than the rest of us. Since cops almost always defend even the bad ones, they all get a bad name. Lack of accountability tarnishes the entire group.

94. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 08:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 02:43:
Let me explain this to you: when a cop pulls you over, you KNOW you're dealing with a cop.

Which, given what we've seen since cameras became ubiquitous, is exactly why we should be paranoid. Some of us even more than others, given the stats.

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 02:43:
If you don't wanna get shot by the police, don't act like an idiot. Stop what you're doing, be polite and follow instructions to the letter. How many people who followed my above advice you think get shot? Give me a fucking estimate. And don't tell me Castile followed instructions. His instructions changed the moment he mentioned the gun. That he wasn't bright enough to realize that, fucked up the life of everyone in that situation. Cop included. Terrible for everyone and I feel sorry for Philandro Castile -- of course I do -- but fuuuuck "racism!".

Lol, he was doing exactly what he was told, which was to produce his license. So, cop changes instructions and starts screaming at him not to reach for it. What's he supposed to do at that point? Keep his hand in his pocket? Pull it out of his pocket? Either way he gets shot. Cop doesn't wait until he sees a gun.

This is absolutely the fault of the cop. There was nothing Castile could have done at that point that wasn't going to get him shot by a panicking cop. That the cop freaked out simply because he told him he had a firearm, which he is supposed to tell him, is absolutely the fault of the cop.

92. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 3, 2017, 01:47 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 19:07:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 18:40:

Getting killed for no reason, right in front of your family, is just unbelievably tragic, and this kind of thing needs to stop. Just letting cops shoot people anytime they're scared is insane. The job is scary, that's what they tell us and why they expect us to respect them for it. But if that's the case, then it shouldn't be an excuse for shooting people.

Are you forgetting the cops have families; are people? How long do you expect an officer to live if he always allows the other to take the first shot (pun intended)? Especially in crime riddled neighborhoods? This is why your rhetoric just doesn't work for me. The key is compliance. Just understand the rules when you're in a situation with cops.

I'm sure black people are being pulled over more, but don't forget that only the extreme cases are making noise. I'm a business unit manager for Samsung's technical customer service. Trust me: people don't call when they don't have issues with their product.

In the end people see what they wanna see. Media chooses to only show black fatalities these days, while more white men are shot than blacks. Look at the US crime stats by race, and your instinctual "but there's more whites!" retort flies right out the window.

Yes there is racism among cops. Yes white men get shot more. Yes black cops shoot other black people. Yes there is more crime in the black community. Yes there is more poverty in the black community. No the answer isn't just "racism!".

If cops are just gonna panic and kill people whenever they're scared, then we should have a right to shoot first too! How do I know if that cop is a pussy and gonna flip out and shoot me or not? He's got a gun right there on his hip, and sometimes even has his hand on it when he comes up to my car! I should just be able kill him if he makes me nervous right? I'm allowed to make it home safe to my family too right?

What you're advocating is insane.

News Comments > LawBreakers Open Beta
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 2, 2017, 20:31 Wowbagger_TIP

I was having some bad lag issues, making it pretty hard to play. My ping showed around 70 when I would check, but seemed to be spiking a lot or something.

The game seems ok, but hard to evaluate it if I can't get a decent connection.

86. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 2, 2017, 18:40 Wowbagger_TIP

In over 25 years, I've had maybe half a dozen tickets as well. I drove my truck for 3 years with an expired registration sticker (had the new stickers in the truck, but never put them on) and never got pulled over for it. Can't imagine what it would be like getting pulled over constantly like Castile had been. That's gotta be maddening.

Getting killed for no reason, right in front of your family, is just unbelievably tragic, and this kind of thing needs to stop. Just letting cops shoot people anytime they're scared is insane. The job is scary, that's what they tell us and why they expect us to respect them for it. But if that's the case, then it shouldn't be an excuse for shooting people.

2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 1, 2017, 13:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Maybe if they actually had sales on things that I want, I would participate. Judging from the previous sales, this will be a tedious waste of time.  

73. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 1, 2017, 11:51 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 11:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 10:33:
Retired wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 07:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 14:15:
Is anyone going to succeed by doing nothing but complaining about inequities. Nope. But that doesn't change the fact there are inequities. Has progress been made? Sure. Is there a lot more to do? You bet.

Yes, there are bad cops. Yes, some people are crooks. There is a lot more grey than there is black and white. All we can do is try to make things better as best we can. The more people helping to make it better, the faster it will happen.

Good post.
True, no one could find fault with that statement.

Nothing wrong with it indeed, but no clue what he's suggesting either. "Not everything is black and white, everyone should help to make things better"

I can see why people dig it, but imo it's also a classic conversation stopper. People end up just nodding in agreement while no real ideas were shared in the end.

Oh wow, I actually agree with Quinn on this!

59. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 30, 2017, 10:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 03:15:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:22:
Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 02:42:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 02:19:
Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 01:30:
It isn't ridiculous and it is race-baiting if that stat you pulled is claimed to be so because of racism toward blacks. Crime among blacks is way higher than among whites, per capita (and lots of the shootings are by black cops btw). People that say "More unarmed blacks are shot, ergo racism" are people I have a big problem with. Go watch the Louis Theroux episode in Philly.

The numbers I cited were for unarmed blacks vs whites. They are still 5 times more likely to be shot than a white person. Simple fact. There's no way that racism isn't a major factor in that.

Look at the Philando Castile case. It's sick how many people still believe his death was racially motivated. Even that idiot from that Late Night show proclaimed it was so. Disgusting. Just one Youtube search and you have the entire video and/or audio of the situation. That officer was 20 times more in distress than Diamond, that crazy gf of his that calmly filmed her bf dying. Sorry. My point is that blacks are too often victimized. There's nooothing wrong with the black culture in America. 'Tis allll them powerful whities fault.

Right, you think that cop would have completely lost his shit like that if it was a white guy he'd pulled over with his girlfriend and kid in the car with him? No, he panicked because he's already pre-judging the guy based on his race. He even tried to justify it by saying the guy smelled like weed, and therefore must have smoked weed in front of the kid, so he was likely to be willing to murder a cop. WTF?!

Not everything is racism, but this stuff sure is.

It's easy for me to portray the problem I'm having with your assertions with a simple question: are you saying, without a doubt, that if this guy was white, was a suspect of a robbery and was reaching for his GUN while the officer explicitly told him not to... that this white guy wouldn't have been shot?

Second question for lols: if this black guy had his hands on the wheel and awaited further instructions after mentioning he had a gun, you think he would have been shot?

I bet it's easier to just shout racism instead of facing the answers to those questions. *That* is a problem for me.

The verdict was unanimous btw: the cop was found not guilty. 2 black people in the jury.

First, yes, I definitely think it would have gone differently if he were white. He hadn't done anything wrong, certainly nothing violent, and there was no reason to even suspect that he had.

He was reaching for his license because the officer had asked for it. I've watched the videos, and the whole thing happened so fast it was crazy. The cop totally panicked and shot him 7 fucking times for doing what he had just told him to do. Had it been a white guy, I don't think the officer would have been nearly as panicky.

The guy has absolutely no business being a cop, and Castile paid for the guy's incompetence with his life.

Your signature is so fucking ironic right now.

Do you have any experience as a cop? Any experience as a cop in that neighborhood? How did you know there was no reason to suspect that he had done something violent? It is literally on record that the cop suspected him of a robbery because the guy fitted the description.

You watched the video, so you agree that the cop was already given something which could've been his L&R. He was also terribly distraught afterwards, multiple times repeating "I told him not to fucking reach!". But you're not willing to give the cop your charity, do you? He shot a black guy, ergo racism. Ergo. Fucking. Racism. You have no clue. Maybe you'll respect how much officers have to be on edge more by watching this little video: https://youtu.be/G5pgZ0yq1-E

Again, I'm NOT saying there's no bad cops. I'm not saying there's no racism among cops. My problem is that everything these days is an act of racism whenever a fucking black dude is shot, from all the virtue-signaling extreme lefties (I'm center-left mind you). It's gone so far, that you people are becoming the peopel descriminating. Just some anecdotal evidence because why not:

While drinking with a couple of folks, the subject was about muslims. The general tone was that there was nothing wrong with Islam. I chimed in, explaining that there is but that it would heal some really grave wounds in the western countries of Europe if moderate muslims would start speaking up against terrorism in the name of Islam. I was shouted down as a racist by nearly the entire group. I'm not discussing that argument here so I'll ask you to refrain from shifting this to that subject. My point is that these people fucking know me well enough to know that I am not a racist, but still there was no boundary whatsoever for them to call me a racist right there and then (for the record: I invested a lot crowdfunding a documentary that will open up dialogue between muslims and non-muslims, because I believe dialogue is extremely important).

I wish our mentality would shift greatly to a point that the people shouting "RACISM" will not be taking for granted, but instead will be expected to come with solid evidence of that accusation. Today, that word gives way too much fucking power to anyone shouting it.

He was given an insurance card. This isn't news.

As for the Islam comment, yeah, there's a problem with it. But yes, moderate Muslims do speak up and are one of the main ways that the authorities get info on the radicals. So sure, you getting shouted down for that was dumb. It's not the same kind of thing as what we're talking about here though.

57. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 29, 2017, 21:22 Wowbagger_TIP

Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 02:42:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 02:19:
It isn't ridiculous and it is race-baiting if that stat you pulled is claimed to be so because of racism toward blacks. Crime among blacks is way higher than among whites, per capita (and lots of the shootings are by black cops btw). People that say "More unarmed blacks are shot, ergo racism" are people I have a big problem with. Go watch the Louis Theroux episode in Philly.

The numbers I cited were for unarmed blacks vs whites. They are still 5 times more likely to be shot than a white person. Simple fact. There's no way that racism isn't a major factor in that.

Look at the Philando Castile case. It's sick how many people still believe his death was racially motivated. Even that idiot from that Late Night show proclaimed it was so. Disgusting. Just one Youtube search and you have the entire video and/or audio of the situation. That officer was 20 times more in distress than Diamond, that crazy gf of his that calmly filmed her bf dying. Sorry. My point is that blacks are too often victimized. There's nooothing wrong with the black culture in America. 'Tis allll them powerful whities fault.

Right, you think that cop would have completely lost his shit like that if it was a white guy he'd pulled over with his girlfriend and kid in the car with him? No, he panicked because he's already pre-judging the guy based on his race. He even tried to justify it by saying the guy smelled like weed, and therefore must have smoked weed in front of the kid, so he was likely to be willing to murder a cop. WTF?!

Not everything is racism, but this stuff sure is.

It's easy for me to portray the problem I'm having with your assertions with a simple question: are you saying, without a doubt, that if this guy was white, was a suspect of a robbery and was reaching for his GUN while the officer explicitly told him not to... that this white guy wouldn't have been shot?

Second question for lols: if this black guy had his hands on the wheel and awaited further instructions after mentioning he had a gun, you think he would have been shot?

I bet it's easier to just shout racism instead of facing the answers to those questions. *That* is a problem for me.

The verdict was unanimous btw: the cop was found not guilty. 2 black people in the jury.

First, yes, I definitely think it would have gone differently if he were white. He hadn't done anything wrong, certainly nothing violent, and there was no reason to even suspect that he had.

He was reaching for his license because the officer had asked for it. I've watched the videos, and the whole thing happened so fast it was crazy. The cop totally panicked and shot him 7 fucking times for doing what he had just told him to do. Had it been a white guy, I don't think the officer would have been nearly as panicky.

The guy has absolutely no business being a cop, and Castile paid for the guy's incompetence with his life.

4398 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo