Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur Dent

Real Name Arthur Dent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wowbagger_TIP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 3, 2001, 22:20
Total Comments 4214 (Master)
User ID 9540

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 19, 2016, 20:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow, the PoE update looks pretty cool. Looks like I'll be back at it.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
4. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 01:36 Wowbagger_TIP

The Half Elf wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:59:
What I want to see is more of the story about the 1st wave of The Division (the player is part of the second wave) and more of the story about how it all went down, and the rogue agents.

Yeah, they really screwed up by not doing more with the story, and they've pretty much wasted most of what they created by not doing any sort of endgame that utilizes the city outside of the DZ. They really didn't think this thing through.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
2. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:23:
So is this thing dead yet or what?
The co-workers that talked me into getting this have all quit now. The game is shit once you've played through the PvE and have to start grinding. This update doesn't sound like it's going to do anything to fix any of the many many problems the game has.

Comes out the same day as Overwatch too, which is what everyone I know will be playing that day rather than this

News Comments > DOOM Released
120. Re: DOOM Released May 14, 2016, 18:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Having a blast so far. I'm just getting into the 3rd major area now, so not that far into it yet. I'm definitely rusty, and have died a few times, but getting better. Haven't played a shooter like this in a while

Now I'm just looking forward to getting the other weapons! I can see replaying this on a harder difficulty and trying to get all the challenges and secrets. I've missed some already.

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
29. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 13, 2016, 09:49 Wowbagger_TIP

PHJF wrote on May 13, 2016, 08:53:

TF2 players don't want to call it TF3 because they think they're superior

It absolutely is not TF3. In many ways, TF2 became TF3.

Overwatch really doesn't have a lot to distinguish itself; sure, there are a bunch of heroes, but they are all very one dimensional. It's a fun game and well made, but unless they add some serious content post release I don't see it having remotely the staying power of previous more popular shooters. The two game modes are terribly boring (especially KOTH, which I've NEVER enjoyed going all the way back to UT) and the maps pretty uninspired.

To each his own. I had a blast with it, and the game modes are fun. I'm sure they'll be adding more over time too.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
56. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 09:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Suppa7 wrote on May 9, 2016, 05:01:
Yifes wrote on May 7, 2016, 00:53:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

I don't need to prove shit when there is google dumbass. There's this thing called moddb. You simply google 'quake mods' and you'll find all sorts of interesting shit. I'm not going to do homework for historically illiterate shit for brains like you.

Looks like he was right. You can't name one that had those things. Laugh2

54. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 00:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Drayth wrote on May 8, 2016, 17:08:
Are you using a VPN?
Nope.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
15. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:41:
But more seriously, Overwatch is a huge letdown for me...two or three game modes is totally lame...all ripped from year 2008 TF2. It's just not acceptable to come out with a TF2 knock-off some eight years later and expect me to pay nearly full price.

Where's my SP or Coop campaign? Where's the innovative game modes? I won't apologize for demanding innovation and substance, especially from a company like Blizzard.

Balancing a game like this is extremely hard. I'm glad they're starting with something manageable. I'm sure they'll be adding more over time. This is more than enough to start with. A bunch of maps and the existing modes are fun. Balance seems pretty good so far.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
2. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 17:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I've been having fun with it. Definitely similar to TF2, but more variety in the characters and abilities. Pretty sure I'm picking this one up. Maybe it'll help get the sour taste of The Division out of my mouth. Damn co-worker talked me into getting that one...  

52. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 8, 2016, 16:28 Wowbagger_TIP

SpectralMeat wrote on May 8, 2016, 07:34:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 7, 2016, 14:39:
peteham wrote on May 7, 2016, 05:48:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:15:
Edit: hmm... I don't see the deal on it at GMG either
Got it in one of their emails: overwatch-origins-edition , and then use 20OFF * at checkout. Don't know if it works since I can't even add to basket due to the aforementioned region restriction (or if the asterisk was just a footnote or actually part of the campaign code.)

Apparently its restricted in the US too. I just get the "not available in your region" message.
Yup US only.
Cdkeys have the Origins edition for $45

But I AM in the US. Not sure why I'm getting the restricted message.

49. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 14:39 Wowbagger_TIP

peteham wrote on May 7, 2016, 05:48:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:15:
Got it in one of their emails: overwatch-origins-edition , and then use 20OFF * at checkout. Don't know if it works since I can't even add to basket due to the aforementioned region restriction (or if the asterisk was just a footnote or actually part of the campaign code.)

Apparently its restricted in the US too. I just get the "not available in your region" message.

40. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 22:15 Wowbagger_TIP

I've been playing since yesterday, and can agree that this is very much like TF2, although a bit faster. There's definitely more variety in the characters and their abilities though. I think it's too early to tell how good the maps are, but so far I don't have an issue with them. Some are pretty good, and they all look very nice.

I've only played about 5 characters for more than one match so far. I'm trying to play around with more, and maybe pick one or two of each class to focus on for now.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the difficulty of the bots in the humans vs. A.I. training matches?

This comment was edited on May 6, 2016, 22:29.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2016, 20:49 Wowbagger_TIP

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 2, 2016, 17:11:
but this golden parachute plus her immense salary is just insane.
That could be said of countless CEOs who did a far worse job than her as well. It's the way of business, apparently. I don't really understand why. Most of them don't seem to be worth anywhere near what they're paid.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros
13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Ban Wave Catches Pros May 1, 2016, 21:07 Wowbagger_TIP

Retired wrote on May 1, 2016, 10:19:
Hump wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 14:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 13:08:
Someone here said they got cheats for The Division, because well, cheats.

Head explodes.

Theres also a post by one of the guys working on the game saying that the hacks can't be addressed with nothing less than a total re-write of part of the code.

FAIL

Glad I passed on it. Cheats were bad in BETA, I assumed they wouldn't address it. They don't care. They sell games and wash, rinse, repeat, move on. BF games and COD games are rampant with cheats. Not one developer cares. They feign interest for headlines, but in reality the game is ruined for most of us.

If that's the post I'm thinking of, then it wasn't by anyone from Massive. I do think the guy is likely correct though. Their current network code and engine rely far too much on the client. The fix won't be easy or cheap. I doubt they'll actually fix it, and if they do, performance will likely suffer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2016, 21:02 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on May 1, 2016, 20:42:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 1, 2016, 19:24:
mag wrote on May 1, 2016, 18:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 1, 2016, 18:12:
Not sure what's going on with CJ lately. Maybe his account got hacked or something.

lol, "lately."
Well he did have some entertaining posts in the past, but lately he just hates on everything.

His posts have always been shit.

I've had him on ignore for well over a year now. Don't know if he just goes off his meds sometimes or what, but the constant shit posting did it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 01:13 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the gold never bothered me. I kinda liked it. Gave it a surrealish atmosphere, but it seemed to fit somehow.

I'll most likely be grabbing this at release.

News Comments > Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released
13. Re: Hearthstone Whispers of the Old Gods Released Apr 28, 2016, 09:43 Wowbagger_TIP

J wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 04:14:
Dev wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 22:50:
I'm giving this a try, first time playing the game. How do I get the 3 free packs from expansion? I'm playing some of the practice stuff and tutorial
You should get it as a daily quest, in which you have to win a number of games in the new standard format.

Actually you get 3 packs right from the start. It'll just tell you that you have them. Then you get the daily quest that lets you get 5 more if you win 2 matches in Standard. After you do that, you get another daily that gives you 5 more packs if you win 7 matches in Standard.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Speedrunners
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Speedrunners Apr 19, 2016, 21:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Really fun game to play with friends  

News Comments > Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters
11. Re: Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters Apr 18, 2016, 22:23 Wowbagger_TIP

There's been non-stop exploiting of all kinds since release. Almost all of which are not the kind you do accidentally. Many involve glitching through walls using the mobile cover ability. These allow you to farm the same boss as much as you want without going through the whole mission each time.

They had a bunch of high-profile streamers doing this. Their community manager has been playing with these guys on stream. Even the Devs have been seen using minor exploits like using the special reward backpacks to get extra ammo and medkits and then switching them out.

I seriously doubt anybody gets more than a slap on the wrist for this stuff. They should have been taking a hard stand against it from the start. Now the gear economy is so fucked up it's not even funny.

The game is a boring crapfest now anyway. The new incursion is a one-room horde mission. The dark zone is full of guys that did the exploits and have the best gear, but swap in a shitty sidearm and secondary weapon to lower their gear score so they can grief the noobs in the lower zone.

Massive really has no idea how to run a game like this. They should have studied D3 as an object lesson, but apparently they didn't.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 17, 2016, 15:53 Wowbagger_TIP

Of course it was a hoax. The story was ridiculous.  

4214 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo